Slash featuring Myles Kennedy in Toronto

gunsguy

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Highlights were Rocket Queen (killer 6-minute solo), Me Brownstone, Nothing to say (again), Slither, and Dr Alibi (not Myles). This show was slightly better than last time but them using PC as a closer doesn't feel right... Especially as the 2nd encore...

The show was killer, guess I was wrong thinking they would be playing new material. Nothing to really say about the show, I'm not really digging the new guys look, He would of fit into this band if it was the 80's but not today. Also don't know why he has a microphone he didn't sing along to anything all night. Not knocking his skill, Aside from civil war I couldn't hear him all night, during his part of the Night train Solo I could only hear Slash playing rythm

The atmosphere was pretty good but I want to know how these people score their tickets. I stood next to about 20 people who only knew about 8 songs. When he played Brownstone half the audience just goes quiet. When they played Just Like Anything, I'm pretty sure me and maybe 10 other people knew the song. When they played Speed Parade Myles was pointing people out of the crowd who were singing along which again was maybe 10 or 20 people.

I just wonder how die hard fans can't score tickets when people who don't know the songs can

IMO, it's a fairly bland setlist. Wish they'd do more than 1-2 VR songs (I'd love to see DIFTK return to the set, and has Myles ever sang YGNR?). Dr. Alibi is cool to see though.

Myles hasn't sung YGNR. I'd like them to try Get Out The Door, I think Myles could sing the shit out of that song, same as Let It Roll, that would be a good choice

I was expecting more new stuff to be played last night, kinda smart I guess so people wouldn't be able to youtube the new songs before their released

The album doesn't come out for another 2 months. I thought they might play 1 other new one, but other than YAL I wasn't expecting anything else.

Play 4-5 new songs and they will be all over youtube. Then when the album comes out you have already heard a 1/3 of it essentially and it doesn't seem quite as fresh.

I'm not really digging the new guys look, He would of fit into this band if it was the 80's but not today.

Yeah,it was definitely the "4 of them" and new guy.

The beard was just...eh...I dunno.

He came across as the new kid in school,but that's understandable.

The other 4 have been in the studio,jamming,writing,recording,hanging.These guys are REALLY gelling now.

They're a band and it shows.

The new guy looked out of place,but hey...he's new to the party and he looked a bit bewildered.

At some points he couldn't have gotten any closer to the stage side without actually going off stage.Literally pressed up against some cabinets on stage. I thought Schenk was a better fit but such as it is...Slash chose this guy for a reason.

Whenever I watched the guy he was just bar chording,nothing that indicated he was accenting or complimenting Slash's playing.Just plowing through the rhythm.

But,apparantly they've only had a few jams as a whole,so...not too bad.

They guy loosened up a bit as the night went on.

I think he'll find his place in time.

Plus he had an Alice Cooper shirt on at one point so...guy's cool. :)

Also don't know why he has a microphone he didn't sing along to anything all night.

I saw him shout something once. :tongue2:

Not knocking his skill, Aside from civil war I couldn't hear him all night, during his part of the Night train Solo I could only hear Slash playing rythm.

Something was going on with the guy's amp not going through the PA...I heard what you are talking about.And at another point,he was playing and Slash wasn't,and you could only hear his amp on stage.

Sound guy was constantly noodling with the mixer,and I think he eventually got new guy in the mix proper.

Way the fuck too loud though...holy shit.

Might have been the loudest I've ever heard a Slash gig.

Some ladies in our vicinity were holding their hands over their ears.

I took my earplugs out a couple of times,the volume was ridiculous and at those levels,some of the mid range sonics felt like they were piercing the ear.Just way over the top.

I just don't think it was a great venue for this band.It's so compact...they couldn't even fully open the backdrop.

This is band that likes to move around,especially Todd.They couldn't move all that much...and they were constantly giving each other taps on the back..kinda like "don't move,I'm right behind you".

Until I started to read some interviews leading up to the show,I thought there might be one or two new songs,seeing as they were in town during a Music Industry Festival...hype the new stuff,create a buzz.

But when I started to read that Slash was referring to it as a warm up gig,and that it would mirror the last warm up gig,then I knew we probably weren't getting anything else.

I think the disappointment started to show with the crowd.

Oh...another GnR song..really? Sparse singalongs...not the usual every set of arms in the air.

So,ultimately,it was exactly what Slash billed it as...a warm up show.

Nothing earth shattering to report.

They sounded tight as fuck,for the most part...but I think by the time the tour gets started proper in May things will sound even better.

And a few weeks in...things should be pretty damn good.

Scalpers outside were asking 200 - 300 bucks for one ticket.

I hope no one paid that...it wasn't a 300 buck gig.

And Slash's tech better watch handing him a badly out of tune guitar again. :tongue2:

Awesome show. Rock music as it should be! The band is tight as balls and Slash was amazing. I'm not digging the new guy just yet but we'll see how he does as the tour goes on. You could barely hear him for half the show anyways, as others have pointed it. I wasn't too big on the venue, it just seemed to have a really poor layout. It was amazing to see Slash that close though so I won't complain about the venue size.

The set list was exactly what I expected. The highlight for me was Rocket Queen. One of the best solos Slash has ever done in that song.

Slash broke his high E string right before the Sweet Child solo so he winged most of it. He made up big time for the first couple bad notes. It was cool to be there to see it!

The openers were okay. First band was like a generic eighties rock band but good enough to keep you entertained. The second really wasn't my type of music but the singer was hot. ;)

Not much else to say, it was a great show! It was my first time seeing Slash and he definitely made it worth the wait. I'll try to catch him in London in July.

Also, I must say, it was amazing to hear that voice at the beginning of the show for the first time ever live. For a second I felt like I was at a Guns show circa 1991.

The highlight for me was Rocket Queen. One of the best solos Slash has ever done in that song.

Yeah for sure!

People were looking at each other with amazed looks on their faces.

One of my friends I was standing with,goes as far back as GnR opening for the Cult and he travelled to Toledo in '88 and pretty much everything GnR related that he can since.

We've been to numerous Slash shows together...he looked at me wide eyed and went "holy fuck".

The highlight for me was Rocket Queen. One of the best solos Slash has ever done in that song.

Yeah for sure!

People were looking at each other with amazed looks on their faces.

One of my friends I was standing with,goes as far back as GnR opening for the Cult and he travelled to Toledo in '88 and pretty much everything GnR related that he can since.

We've been to numerous Slash shows together...he looked at me wide eyed and went "holy fuck".

That seemed to be the general reaction from the crowd. People everywhere we're looking at each other almost in disbelief, then they would look back to Slash. I knew Slash could shred but damn, he must have been really feeling it because that was just awesome.

People everywhere we're looking at each other almost in disbelief, then they would look back to Slash. I knew Slash could shred but damn, he must have been really feeling it because that was just awesome.

It was definitely one of those 'moments'..for sure.

Very cool!

The openers were okay. First band was like a generic eighties rock band but good enough to keep you entertained.

Good enough to keep you entertained..for 10 minutes,before that chick's voice got on your nerves. :lol:

The band was generic-good fun enough.Early Guns looking wanna-be-ish.But I was ok with that...dump the chick and find a real singer and you might have something.

Lose the lyrics like "trick or treat...give me some candy". :lol:

The second really wasn't my type of music but the singer was hot. ;)

The second band was oil and water with a Slash crowd.

Some people dug em...many just drank and checked their emails.

The singer was like Lee Aaaron's daughter or something.

That one note that she kept holding...AAAAAAAAA...over and over....AAAAAAAAAAAAAA. :lol:

The best part was the bass player with his beatnik beard. :confused: dude...what??

Their seriousness,was kind of humerous..I dunno. :shrugs:

And just after they left the stage,a Slash roadie comes out with a t shirt that said "Death To All False Metal" on the back.

That was the best part! :tongue2:

Talking about Diemonds? they were awesome live when I saw them a while back. No more serious than The Darkness or Jet, just a lot of fun rock.

Talking about both of them....Diemonds first.I didn't find them awesome,I thought they were fun,but could be so much more with a good singer.

Kobra and the Lotus were the ones we were chuckling at.