February Theatre Tour Official

bionic56

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks chevelle.

Ali....the question is why can every other band in the world put out new music, but GnR can't? This tour started in 2002? With one album? So what....five more years and they will release a new album, with three different band members?

Black......so u would take a show in your city over 15 new songs and then a show in your city? In the decade Axl has been touring they haven't came to your city once?

very much doubt they will play new songs

Really, then what is the point?

How long is this band going to tour off of one album, and the old band's work?

The point is people get to see their favorite band perform?

Not sure about you but there is a select few bands I would go see everytime i can wether they have a new album or not. (GNR and Megadeth fall in this category)

I've seen this current tour three times.

I am as big of a fan as you are. I battle the haters on this board all the time. Been doing it since 2001 on this forum.

But man. I saw the opening tacoma show in 2002. They have been playing CD songs for a decade. One album in a decade.

At what point is enough enough?

At what point does this band stop touring and stop exclusively playing songs they didn't create?

If there is no new album and just tours for the next five years, will u still be happy?

I love Axl and GnR as much as anybody. But what is so complicated about releasing music? That's what every other band in the world does.

Another tour just means no new music for even longer. And the longer it takes, the more likely more band members leave.

What's so complicated? The business end of things. Other issues that if you're not a recording artist, you may not understand. Who knows, really? How can we ever really find out anyway.

Sorry, the odds are against this argument. Thousands upon thousands of artists and bands have navigated the business end of things well enough to release music every few years throughout the modern history of music, Axl himself even did it in the '80s and '90s. Even a murder trial wouldn't last enough to stop someone from releasing music for so long.

And Groghan, loved your post.

Who gives a shit about the odds? Metallica last released a new album before Chinese Democracy came out and they played live the past year and are doing so again this summer. I don't see anyone referring to them as a nostalgia act. Fiona Apple has released one album since 2000. It happens.

Ali

The bulk of Metallicas set list wouldn't be from 87-91 though? I'm not sure what their set list is so not sure.

And I'm in the camp that it is good that they are doing something, I just wish it was in the studio.

Exactly. As much as I want them put out some new music, doing an intimate theater tour is a close 2nd!

The bulk of Metallicas set list wouldn't be from 87-91 though? I'm not sure what their set list is so not sure.

And I'm in the camp that it is good that they are doing something, I just wish it was in the studio.

They are playing the Black Album in its entirety this summer. So, that's pretty damn retro in my book. But, I think that's cool.

Ali

Not sure about you but there is a select few bands I would go see everytime i can wether they have a new album or not. (GNR and Megadeth fall in this category)

I am as big of a fan as you are. I battle the haters on this board all the time. Been doing it since 2001 on this forum.

But man. I saw the opening tacoma show in 2002. They have been playing CD songs for a decade. One album in a decade.

At what point does this band stop touring and stop exclusively playing songs they didn't create?

If there is no new album and just tours for the next five years, will u still be happy?

I love Axl and GnR as much as anybody. But what is so complicated about releasing music? That's what every other band in the world does.

Another tour just means no new music for even longer. And the longer it takes, the more likely more band members leave.

What's so complicated? The business end of things. Other issues that if you're not a recording artist, you may not understand. Who knows, really? How can we ever really find out anyway.

Sorry, the odds are against this argument. Thousands upon thousands of artists and bands have navigated the business end of things well enough to release music every few years throughout the modern history of music, Axl himself even did it in the '80s and '90s. Even a murder trial wouldn't last enough to stop someone from releasing music for so long.

Who gives a shit about the odds? Metallica last released a new album before Chinese Democracy came out and they played live the past year and are doing so again this summer. I don't see anyone referring to them as a nostalgia act. Fiona Apple has released one album since 2000. It happens.

Ali

I realize you are one of the guys who defends EVERYTHING that Axl does. And that's cool. It's good to have fans like you. I've been a die-hard fan since 1987. Favorite band of all time, favorite singer of all time. But this constant touring of old music is ridiculous, no matter how you want to defend it.

Axl kept the GnR name for a reason. I thought that was to keep the giant that is GnR alive and rolling. The more they tour, with no new music, just gives credence to ALL the slash-lovers and axl-haters that say Axl just kept the name so he could sell concert tickets.

New music shuts those people up.

But constant touring.....how is he keeping the GnR name relevant? How is he advancing it? Growing it? He isn't.

And your examples are ludicrous.

I won't even mention Fionna Apple. Her situation is in no way similar to Axl's, in any shape or form. Ridiculous comparison.

And Metallica?

Hhmmm.

Sine 1999 they have put out:

Four full length albums.

A DVD about the band.

A box set.

A dvd/video release (all videos by the band)

A live DVD tour video.

What has the new GnR did since then?

One album.

So you want to compare touring with Metallica and GnR? Well, how about if Axl puts out 3 more albums, a box set, a DVD about the band, a live tour DVD.....then we can compare touring schedules.

And metallica played 17 shows in 2011, and are scheduled for 16 in 2012......it isn't like they are playing 200 shows a year, without releasing music.

Regarding the Chicago Show

So my good friend is friends with someone from the House of Blues in Chicago

Looks like they also have suites which go around the balcony

prices for 20 people is $5500, fuckin crazy

does not include drinks just a suite and access to The Foundation Room

The Foundation Room is were you can hang before and after the shows, and bands member hang there sometimes also

There is also a 14 person Suite for $5000.

He said VIP tickets will be about $350, which gives you access to The Foundation Room, and a stool that goes around the crowd on the floor along the rail.

If i get any other info i will let you know, but he is trying to split a suite, which even though it might be crazy im willing to pay $350 a ticket for this venue and to have a chance to hang with the band, he also said he knows how to get access to the tour buses, who knows.

But if anyone gets the presale password please post it.

Cant wait for this show!!!!!

Regarding the Chicago Show

So my good friend is friends with someone from the House of Blues in Chicago

Looks like they also have suites which go around the balcony

prices for 20 people is $5500, fuckin crazy

does not include drinks just a suite and access to The Foundation Room

The Foundation Room is were you can hang before and after the shows, and bands member hang there sometimes also

There is also a 14 person Suite for $5000.

He said VIP tickets will be about $350, which gives you access to The Foundation Room, and a stool that goes around the crowd on the floor along the rail.

If i get any other info i will let you know, but he is trying to split a suite, which even though it might be crazy im willing to pay $350 a ticket for this venue and to have a chance to hang with the band, he also said he knows how to get access to the tour buses, who knows.

But if anyone gets the presale password please post it.

Cant wait for this show!!!!!

If no other shows pop up, I might dip into my savings and go here. Big maybe though!

Ali

I realize you are one of the guys who defends EVERYTHING that Axl does. And that's cool. It's good to have fans like you. I've been a die-hard fan since 1987. Favorite band of all time, favorite singer of all time. But this constant touring of old music is ridiculous, no matter how you want to defend it.

Axl kept the GnR name for a reason. I thought that was to keep the giant that is GnR alive and rolling. The more they tour, with no new music, just gives credence to ALL the slash-lovers and axl-haters that say Axl just kept the name so he could sell concert tickets.

New music shuts those people up.

But constant touring.....how is he keeping the GnR name relevant? How is he advancing it? Growing it? He isn't.

And your examples are ludicrous.

I won't even mention Fionna Apple. Her situation is in no way similar to Axl's, in any shape or form. Ridiculous comparison.

And Metallica?

Hhmmm.

Sine 1999 they have put out:

Four full length albums.

A DVD about the band.

A box set.

A dvd/video release (all videos by the band)

A live DVD tour video.

What has the new GnR did since then?

One album.

So you want to compare touring with Metallica and GnR? Well, how about if Axl puts out 3 more albums, a box set, a DVD about the band, a live tour DVD.....then we can compare touring schedules.

And metallica played 17 shows in 2011, and are scheduled for 16 in 2012......it isn't like they are playing 200 shows a year, without releasing music.

Metallica last put out a new record in 2008 and are touring next year. Fiona Apple, for whatever reason, has also had difficulty in releasing new music. The point was, it happens. Instead of bitching about them touring and what you're not getting, try thinking back to 2003-2005 and 1994-1999 and just appreciate the fact that they are active. It's not about defending anything. It's about accepting how things are and what you can't control.

Ali

Still no leads from anyone on a presale password?

Havent heard anything yet, i hope tomorrow, i think thats our only chance on getting tickets,

also so VIP is only sold on GNR.com??? Its not on ticketmaster so i dont know whats up with VIP

Metallica last put out a new record in 2008 and are touring next year. Fiona Apple, for whatever reason, has also had difficulty in releasing new music. The point was, it happens. Instead of bitching about them touring and what you're not getting, try thinking back to 2003-2005 and 1994-1999 and just appreciate the fact that they are active. It's not about defending anything. It's about accepting how things are and what you can't control.

Ali

Metallica also still has 3 of the 4 members who have played on all their albums and they've released 4 original albums in the same timespan as it has taken Axl to release just one.

Edited by ITW 2012

I dont get this whole presale

So i need a Citi Card, or a live nation mobile app?

Onsale to General Public

Start: Fri, 02/03/12 10:00 AM CST

Citi® Cardmember Presale

Start: Thu, 02/02/12 10:00 AM CST

End: Thu, 02/02/12 10:00 PM CST

Live Nation Mobile App Presale

Download the Live Nation iPhone App now to access Live Nation Mobile App Presales. Browse, search, and discover concerts for your favorite artists near you; get alerts on presales, onsales, and last minute tickets; and easily and quickly purchase tickets while in the app. Check out set lists on the go, check in with your friends, view your ticket info, seating charts, exclusive photos, videos and more…

Click Here for More Information

Live Nation Presale

Hmm, it appears there's no presale for Terminal 5 or The Ritz; neither show says anything about a presale on Ticketmaster, while other shows do.

Thats odd, also my friend said he knows a broker and should be able to get the password for chicago, i can ask about the others

Ali....the question is why can every other band in the world put out new music, but GnR can't?

Well, there are several reasons, Axl explained some, we got some other answers here and there... but, a few points:

We all know there was lots of legal issues with the GnR name back then, and many other things we dont know in the legal department...

Axl works the way Axl works... i guess we all would know by now how is him... he likes to do things in his times/terms...

LOTS and i repeat it, lots of issues with the label, "we dont like this", "change this, change that", "try this now", "work with him" bla bla bla... we all readed this stories...

Constant push over the years through managers to get Axl reunited with the AFD/Illusions line-up. Must be hard to work/trust people after all this years they all have a "hidden agenda"...

And again... Axl works the way Axl works... u got to realize that (dont even have to like/aprove) but thats him... we all "know him"...

this are on top of my mind right now.

Edit: sry for my english, still working on it :P

Edited by AGS

Exactly.

Axl kept the GNR name to "move it forward", and wasn't "doing all this to keep it buried", so why not tour again AFTER they have new music ready, while communicating with fans via Twitter, Facebook, etc.? Wasn't that suppose to be the "main priority"?

Are you guys really happy that things are still at such a standstill? Each to their own.

www-stands-for-world-wide-whiners-how-internet-price-steve-paperback-cover-art.jpg

It is far from a "standstill" N.Y.,Dublin,France etc. Dates have been announced,more to come.

A "standstill" would entail no movement,no new info,and certainly no confirmed new gig dates.

I'll be in N.Y. and the negative,toxic,verbally-challenged,people that sit behind their keyboards and try to put a negative spin on any and everything GNR does/says will not affect me in the least.

These same people who won't attend shows/haven't ever attended a show will undoubtedly gripe,moan,and bitch about setlists and start times as well.

I'm hyped and happy,and intend to stay positive! :thumbsup:

Edited by sailaway