Do you think they will be debuting CD II material on this theater tour?

ITW 2012

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When is this band going to start performing music that they created?

The only member that didn't created any music for G N' R so far is DJ.

No, actually DJ is the only member to write GNR songs of this group. Ballad Of Death and Mi Amor are GNR songs. Everyone else performs covers.

So I believe Axl, Tommy, Dizzy and Chris just performs covers, right? :rolleyes:

It makes you wonder if Axl likes those songs anymore( leftover cd songs).

As a musician, if I got a new baddass song, I want to play it, I want to share it with the world and let them hear the spoils of mi labor... Lol.

Another train of thought is maybe he doesn't want live versions of the songs out there, so when he does release them on an album, try will be fresh.

who the fuck knows?!?

I think it borders on ridiculous if Gn'R comes out and plays the same setlist only a few months after their last appearances in the towns.

I obviously wanna hear some classics, but the SAME set? I'd also like to hear some acoustic stuff.

I'd hope for:

There was a Time

Catcher in the Rye

IRS

Prostitute

from CD.

And from the Illusions:

Dead Horse

Perfect Crime

Breakdown

AND SOME NEW STUFF. AT LEAST ONE NEW SONG.

I'm just trying to be realistic. Obviously if I had a fantasy setlist, I'd choose stuff like Locomotive and Coma.

Edited by GnR Chris

I think theres a good chance. It seems they were out to please the majority in the 2011 NA tour. I know someones been lurking the forums. I think these shows are for us die-hards, who they know are starved for new tunes. I think if anything, we will get new songs during the theatre tour, perhaps to work out the bugs for this european leg. I think its amazing I'll be seeing gnr twice within a few short months. Even if it is seven hours away and is gunna cost an arm and a nut. Party in my hotel room on the 12th. Whose coming??

They had the biggest stage in the world at Rock in Rio and then an overdue north american tour, I don't think a couple intimate shows are what new songs have been saved for but this is Guns N' Roses so who knows. If not now, then when does new material surface?

Back in 2002 they debuted four CD songs, so maybe that's what they are planning to do now.

Four unreleased songs would make more touring logical.

Realy? In 2001 they debuted 6 CD songs.

01.01.01 - House Of Blues, Las Vegas, NV

set: Welcome To The Jungle, It's So Easy, Mr. Brownstone, Live And Let Die, Oh My God, My Michelle, Think About You, You Could Be Mine, Sweet Child O' Mine, Knockin' On Heaven's Door, November Rain, Out Ta Get Me, Rocket Queen, Rhiad And The Bedouins, Chinese Democracy, Patience, The Blues, Nightrain

encore: Chicken Binge [buckethead], Silkworms, Paradise City

and

01.15.01 - Rock City, Barra da Tijuca, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

set: Welcome To The Jungle, It's So Easy, Mr. Brownstone, Live And Let Die, Oh My God, Think About You, You Could Be Mine, Sossego [Robin solo], Sweet Child O' Mine, Knockin' On Heaven's Door, Madagascar, Guitar Solo [buckethead], November Rain, Out Ta Get Me, Rocket Queen, Chinese Democracy, Chicken Binge [buckethead], Instrumental Jam, The Blues, Patience, Nightrain

encore: Instrumental Jam, My Michelle, Silkworms, Paradise City

Wow. Just wow. I'm honestly baffled. One of the biggest Axl/Nu Gnr defenders on this site finally seeing things in a different light. Good God man, I actually had to re-read that to make sure my eyes weren't playing tricks on me.

I agree one hundred percent by the way. Been what I've been preaching since day one. And in my opinion, if they plan on just going on as a nostalgia act, maybe Axl's better off just having the guys that actually wrote, contributed, and recorded those songs along with him. :shrugs:

Just my thoughts. If not now, when does Axl intend to finally move forward?

Things are moving forward,even if people like you don't think so.

Wow. Just wow. I'm honestly baffled. One of the biggest Axl/Nu Gnr defenders on this site finally seeing things in a different light. Good God man, I actually had to re-read that to make sure my eyes weren't playing tricks on me.

I agree one hundred percent by the way. Been what I've been preaching since day one. And in my opinion, if they plan on just going on as a nostalgia act, maybe Axl's better off just having the guys that actually wrote, contributed, and recorded those songs along with him. :shrugs:

Depends. If they're going out there with the same songs they've been playing for years and years with nothing new to bring to the table, I'd call that more of a standstill than anything.

No,a standstill would entail no news,no new tour,and weeks if not months of silence.

There is news,a new tour,and communication. Did you ever stop to think that just maybe there's some information that you aren't privvy to? :huh:?

Been a Gunner since late 88,this is shaping up into an eventful year.

Depends. If they're going out there with the same songs they've been playing for years and years with nothing new to bring to the table, I'd call that more of a standstill than anything.

No,a standstill would entail no news,no new tour,and weeks if not months of silence.

There is news,a new tour,and communication. Did you ever stop to think that just maybe there's some information that you aren't privvy to? :huh:?

There are 11 months left. Time will tell.

There are 11 months left. Time will tell.

True,I'm going to hang on to my positive mojo in the meantime :)