Do you think they will be debuting CD II material on this theater tour?

ITW 2012

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When is this band going to start performing music that they created?

Wow. Just wow. I'm honestly baffled. One of the biggest Axl/Nu Gnr defenders on this site finally seeing things in a different light. Good God man, I actually had to re-read that to make sure my eyes weren't playing tricks on me.

I agree one hundred percent by the way. Been what I've been preaching since day one. And in my opinion, if they plan on just going on as a nostalgia act, maybe Axl's better off just having the guys that actually wrote, contributed, and recorded those songs along with him. :shrugs:

Just my thoughts. If not now, when does Axl intend to finally move forward?

Things are moving forward,even if people like you don't think so.

Depends. If they're going out there with the same songs they've been playing for years and years with nothing new to bring to the table, I'd call that more of a standstill than anything.

No,a standstill would entail no news,no new tour,and weeks if not months of silence.

There is news,a new tour,and communication. Did you ever stop to think that just maybe there's some information that you aren't privvy to? :huh:?

Been a Gunner since late 88,this is shaping up into an eventful year.

Which is why I said "if" and it "depends". There's room for opportunity. But moving forward would include...well, just that. Just what Axl promised, new songs, new albums, keeping the "gnr" name alive, and not just mainly a nostalgia act. If the next tour doesn't include that, that's a standstill.

23282_343160112861_9003_n.jpg

I have clearly explained the difference between "active" and "stagnant" to you.

Like it or not A.R. owns the GNR name,and can utilize it as he sees fit,whether it meets your approval isn't relevant in the slightest.

You have never even attended a show,and you insist on coming here daily to moan and whine about everything.

You are a negative,toxic,person and since you have described this forum as "stalinesque" I'm not altogether sure of your intentions and motivations,but I have a pretty good idea.

Guns N' Roses is active,and I'm anticipating a great year for the Gunners.

Sometimes i think people forget (or wasnt "here" waiting) for new material/tour/any kind of sign of the band... what we have from 2008 to 2012 its more than any of us and i repeat ANY of us could have dreamed 2007 and before... after years of silence, years of bandmembers not talking, etc etc... i still cant believe i saw GnR 3 times in my life... :)

It makes you wonder if Axl likes those songs anymore ( leftover cd songs).

As a musician, if I got a new baddass song, I want to play it, I want to share it with the world and let them hear the spoils of mi labor... Lol.

Another train of thought is maybe he doesn't want live versions of the songs out there, so when he does release them on an album, try will be fresh.

who the fuck knows?!?

I'm starting to wonder the same. He's had more than 3 years to figure out how to get the rest of the CD Era songs out there. You'd think that if he was psyched about getting more new music out to the fans, he'd do it, plain and simple. :shrugs:

I'm hoping for new music this year too, but certainly won't hold my breath to hear it, live or otherwise.

Wow. Just wow. I'm honestly baffled. One of the biggest Axl/Nu Gnr defenders on this site finally seeing things in a different light. Good God man, I actually had to re-read that to make sure my eyes weren't playing tricks on me.

I agree one hundred percent by the way. Been what I've been preaching since day one. And in my opinion, if they plan on just going on as a nostalgia act, maybe Axl's better off just having the guys that actually wrote, contributed, and recorded those songs along with him. :shrugs:

Depends. If they're going out there with the same songs they've been playing for years and years with nothing new to bring to the table, I'd call that more of a standstill than anything.

No,a standstill would entail no news,no new tour,and weeks if not months of silence.

There is news,a new tour,and communication. Did you ever stop to think that just maybe there's some information that you aren't privvy to? :huh:?

Which is why I said "if" and it "depends". There's room for opportunity. But moving forward would include...well, just that. Just what Axl promised, new songs, new albums, keeping the "gnr" name alive, and not just mainly a nostalgia act. If the next tour doesn't include that, that's a standstill.

Like it or not A.R. owns the GNR name,and can utilize it as he sees fit,whether it meets your approval isn't relevant in the slightest.

You have never even attended a show,and you insist on coming here daily to moan and whine about everything.

You are a negative,toxic,person and since you have described this forum as "stalinesque" I'm not altogether sure of your intentions and motivations,but I have a pretty good idea.

You've clearly explained your standards on what you perceive as active, and running in neutral. That's your view, not gospel or fact.

Again, please explain how attending or not attending a show has anything to do with what I'm criticizing. It's hilarious how you don't realize that argument holds no weight to what I'm talking about. Axl has said he kept the gnr name to move it forward, so why is he keeping it a nostalgia act for the most part? Why not focus on moving forward like he said he was gonna do before going out again? Is he scared? Does he just wanna milk the name for all it's worth? When are the nu guys going to start more performing songs they've actually contributed to, instead of heavily relying on covers of yesteryear? We're now going into the eleventh year of same ol', same ol'.

Never said Axl is obligated to do what I want, how I want, just giving my view, and an explaination as to why I feel that way, basically what a discussion board is for...

I have lost patience with you,you simply don't or won't understand,you come here under the guise of "fan" but you are a wolf in sheeps clothing.

You post on other boards about "what if *** **** died"

That is a negative fucking thing to post about,even Sunny Dre called you on that.

And,then you post that this board is "censored" by Stalinesque tactics,how the Mods are bought off with "party passes" and cater to GNR,and threw "one of their own" under the bus.

You don't discuss,you incite and provoke,and talk smack about the band at every chance,you're a malignant presence here,and I'm too busy acquiring presale info,and booking flights to argue with an insignificunt,complaining,completely misinformed,and fact-ignorant,nonsensical pundit like you.

Go elsewhere with your negativity,and your miserable Outlook on life.

Gunner since 88 and I've seen plenty like you come and go.

You've clearly explained your standards on what you perceive as active, and running in neutral. That's your view, not gospel or fact.

Again, please explain how attending or not attending a show has anything to do with what I'm criticizing. It's hilarious how you don't realize that argument holds no weight to what I'm talking about. Axl has said he kept the gnr name to move it forward, so why is he keeping it a nostalgia act for the most part? Why not focus on moving forward like he said he was gonna do before going out again? Is he scared? Does he just wanna milk the name for all it's worth? When are the nu guys going to start more performing songs they've actually contributed to, instead of heavily relying on covers of yesteryear? We're now going into the eleventh year of same ol', same ol'.

Never said Axl is obligated to do what I want, how I want, just giving my view, and an explaination as to why I feel that way, basically what a discussion board is for...

I have lost patience with you,you simply don't or won't understand,you come here under the guise of "fan" but you are a wolf in sheeps clothing.

You post on other boards about "what if *** **** died"

That is a negative fucking thing to post about,even Sunny Dre called you on that.

And,then you post that this board is "censored" by Stalinesque tactics,how the Mods are bought off with "party passes" and cater to GNR,and threw "one of their own" under the bus.

You don't discuss,you incite and provoke,and talk smack about the band at every chance,you're a malignant presence here,and I'm too busy acquiring presale info,and booking flights to argue with an insignificunt,complaining,completely misinformed,and fact-ignorant,nonsensical pundit like you.

Go elsewhere with your negativity,and your miserable Outlook on life.

Gunner since 88 and I've seen plenty like you come and go.

Lol. Where to begin, mr hallway monitor. Never hidden or attempted to hide my opinions on ANYTHING. That's my opinion on a selective few of the mods here. Why? I've talked to a few members around here, and some of who you probably wouldn't expect, that some (and I've specified NOT all) of the mods seem to be puppet stringed and/or power abusive. Kinda evident in some of the threads I've read from years ago (in an attempt not to rehash an old topic already in existence), and I've seen a few tune changers. I'll just leave it at that.

As for the "if axl died" thread, I posted that here too. For whatever reason, it got deleted. Believe what you want, but I didn't intend for it to be a bashing thread of whatever sorts. Just wanted to get opinions on what would be everybody's perception of what Axl left behind, and if it would alter their perceptions on things. Plain and simple. Didn't see it as a big deal at the time, but I guess since you've taken it upon yourself to be Axl's little guardian angel, it hurt you emotionally and mentally. For that I apologize, but it's with deep regret that I have to inform you that I'm not paying for your much needed thearpy. Just thought of as more topic worthy than Axl being among a list of cat enthusiasts, and your brilliant topic of getting into bar brawls with people who have differing opinions over a ROCK BAND. But it's also not the first time you've implied violence towards people that don't bow down to Axl's every move. If that's not considered pathetic then idk what is.

And mods, before you go off on me about how this thread got off track, take a look at the person who took it off track.

Lol typical. You can't defend your intial point, so you go on an angry butthurt rant over something totally unrelated. Calling somebody a cunt because they don't agree with your view? So much for that rule of no more personal petty attacks being thrown.

Can't we resolve this conflict without anger? :)

No, I don't think they will play anything new on this theatre tour. The reason: I don't think they HAVE anything new to play. They could rehearse an old, unreleased song, but I don't think Axl wants that. They could also have written a brand new song, but I don't think they have had time to do that. So nothing new, I am afraid.

Back in 2002 they debuted four CD songs, so maybe that's what they are planning to do now.

Four unreleased songs would make more touring logical.

Realy? In 2001 they debuted 6 CD songs.

01.01.01 - House Of Blues, Las Vegas, NV

set: Welcome To The Jungle, It's So Easy, Mr. Brownstone, Live And Let Die, Oh My God, My Michelle, Think About You, You Could Be Mine, Sweet Child O' Mine, Knockin' On Heaven's Door, November Rain, Out Ta Get Me, Rocket Queen, Rhiad And The Bedouins, Chinese Democracy, Patience, The Blues, Nightrain

encore: Chicken Binge [buckethead], Silkworms, Paradise City

and

01.15.01 - Rock City, Barra da Tijuca, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

set: Welcome To The Jungle, It's So Easy, Mr. Brownstone, Live And Let Die, Oh My God, Think About You, You Could Be Mine, Sossego [Robin solo], Sweet Child O' Mine, Knockin' On Heaven's Door, Madagascar, Guitar Solo [buckethead], November Rain, Out Ta Get Me, Rocket Queen, Chinese Democracy, Chicken Binge [buckethead], Instrumental Jam, The Blues, Patience, Nightrain

encore: Instrumental Jam, My Michelle, Silkworms, Paradise City

What tracks on Chinese Democracy are Oh My God and Silkworms again? I forget.

No, I don't think they will play anything new on this theatre tour. The reason: I don't think they HAVE anything new to play. They could rehearse an old, unreleased song, but I don't think Axl wants that. They could also have written a brand new song, but I don't think they have had time to do that. So nothing new, I am afraid.

I definitely agree with you on that! There's always the hope for that to happen in the back of my head though. Ya know, it actually could be possible for Axl to want to release new stuff. Axl has been quite happy with the way his new line up ended up and he is in more of a peaceful mindset than he was when Chinese was first released. If its not this year, I am almost positive it will be the next :)

Back in 2002 they debuted four CD songs, so maybe that's what they are planning to do now.

Four unreleased songs would make more touring logical.

Realy? In 2001 they debuted 6 CD songs.

01.01.01 - House Of Blues, Las Vegas, NV

set: Welcome To The Jungle, It's So Easy, Mr. Brownstone, Live And Let Die, Oh My God, My Michelle, Think About You, You Could Be Mine, Sweet Child O' Mine, Knockin' On Heaven's Door, November Rain, Out Ta Get Me, Rocket Queen, Rhiad And The Bedouins, Chinese Democracy, Patience, The Blues, Nightrain

encore: Chicken Binge [buckethead], Silkworms, Paradise City

and

01.15.01 - Rock City, Barra da Tijuca, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

set: Welcome To The Jungle, It's So Easy, Mr. Brownstone, Live And Let Die, Oh My God, Think About You, You Could Be Mine, Sossego [Robin solo], Sweet Child O' Mine, Knockin' On Heaven's Door, Madagascar, Guitar Solo [buckethead], November Rain, Out Ta Get Me, Rocket Queen, Chinese Democracy, Chicken Binge [buckethead], Instrumental Jam, The Blues, Patience, Nightrain

encore: Instrumental Jam, My Michelle, Silkworms, Paradise City

What tracks on Chinese Democracy are Oh My God and Silkworms again? I forget.

Aren't these songs (like so many other unreleased songs) recorded during the Chinese Democracy recording sessions? If so than they are C.D. songs to me.

This sounds about right.

This tour is only about 1 thing:

2.gif

But i understand, they also have to pay their bills.

Interesting. Just read through the chats again and saw:

Dexter:

Havin' a bit of trouble posting replies. Interrupted connection and all that.

Here's some answers.

Into Sorry musically most rt now.

Estranged and Civil War probably somewhere.

Looks like he was thinking about bringing these back long before he actually did.

can't u simple understand that the real comeback from guns n roses started in 2009 ?? i mean this is mood beetween the band i've seen since use your illusions , or AFD, and now since Axl is happy and enjoying the band we've had estranged,civil war, promotions, interviews, hanging out with fans, live broadcasts, webcam chats with forum members...etc...etc...etc !

all bands play theyre hits , axl isn't milking anything, they're preparing a new album, they didnt took 15 years to get ChD and they are not taking to long to release new music...maybe for us they're taking to long because we see a name, we see guns n roses as a group but what they have seen for the past 15 years is line ups changing, people coming and going ! off course they havent really moved on enough to forget the "oldies", why ? because they simple didnt had the time... now that the band is tight and close and happy with each other, they are starting to move on ! if u don't see that or if u're tired of waiting just go to any other forum of any other band that puts an album every 2 years and leave the band alone man...

Kanuda, nobody is demanding the band put out an album every two years. Tho some bands do do that. And believe it it not, almost all bands used to put out albums yearly or every two years. And it hasn't been two years since CD, ER are past three years now with no new album in sight. YOU as a fan are happy with new albums every 5.....6.....7......? Years? I am not.

Your comeback timeline is a little off. They started played CD songs on tour in 2002. Not 2009. The actual album may have come out three years ago, but they have been touring CD songs for a decade.

And you aren't killing an album by releasing another album. They can still play CD songs on tour. You can still listen to CD all day long. New music enhances a band. New music is giving back to the fans who support you.

The longer this band waits to record new music, the more likely bandmembers are to leaving.

I'm as die-hard of a fan as anybody is. But some of u are pretty silly. Wanting this band to release new music doesn't make us negative or not real fans. There are guys that have been in GnR over a decade....with one album released. They should have released two more albums in that time frame.

Imaging having 30 more songs by GnR. Imagine the excitement of knowing a new album was coming in a month. Compared to the excitement of going to see this same CD tour for the fourth time.

Volcano, I'm sorry, but this case is very different. They spent a long time recording not one, but at least two albums. The idea was, as far as we know, to release the first one and then the second soon after because it would be already recorded.

Having said that, I don't know why is taking that long. I would say that the Chinese release back in 2008 was so bad for Axl that he wanted to avoid all the headache again.