Guns N' Roses & Slash to Play same festival

WAR™

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not this again. I doubt Slash personally booked all his own tour dates.

Hahaha that's quite an image Slash on the phone "hey can you put me on......I used to be in GnR........I wrote Sweet Child O' Mine.......Please?! Guys?!........GUYS?!"

First the pathetic facebook message and now this :lol:

Facebook message?

I have it on good authority that Slash is planning to plant a whoopee cushion in Axl's oxygen zen tent, and also that Axl is scheming to silently affix a sign on Slash's back that says "I love Axl." You heard it here first.

http://www.rockrebelmagazine.com/guns-n-roses-welcome-back-to-the-italian-jungle/

GUNS N’ROSES

+ Within Temptation, Sebastian Bach, Killswitch Engage, Black Stone Cherry, Ugly Kid Joe

06.22 MILANO Arena Fiera (Rho) @ Gods Of Metal 2012

MOTLEY CRUE

+ SLASH Featuring Myles Kennedy and the Conspirators

06.23 MILANO Arena Fiera (Rho) @ Gods Of Metal 2012

Axl on June 22nd, Slash on June 23rd: by this time only a 24 hours separation...

431465_10150570049888128_194488733127_9248756_234822543_n.jpg

Bach says Axl likes to stay to himself, so who knows if he and Slash will ever cross paths?

Killswitch Engage without Howard Jones - forget it! KSE got their old singer back, but Howard Jones is an amazing singer, but has health issues to deal with. He will be missed alot.

I like Chinese Democracy more. But Slash has been like...way more successful. Commercially speaking. Seek the digits. Contraband did like 4 million in the States. Chinese Democracy, hyped on 10 years and 14 million - sold shit. At least in the States.

I don't know. I guess it could have sold 10 million copies in Uruguay.

Contraband did nowhere near 4 million - it did half that, is currently at 2x platinum, and that was released in 2004. Record sales have been dropping since then. Worldwide CD outsold it (VR was more of a US thing).

Sorry the anal numbers guy twitched at the 4 million claim.

This is after the HoF, so I'm betting that they're at least on speaking terms by the time this festival comes around.

I'm not a lamb fan, but if I were in Italy, I'd be buying a full festival package. Sabbath, Guns, Motley, Slash, Baz...fuckin great lineups all around.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyye hate eve-rey-thing about you!!!

One of the greatest bands of all time is back!! Ugly - Kid - mf'n Joeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

hahahaha- actually they sucked the first time around.

NEW CONFIRMATIONS ON GODS OF METAL 2012

gom2012_header.jpg

06.21 MANOWAR

with Children of Bodom, Amon Amarth, Unisonic, Holyhell, Adrenaline Mob, Cannibal Corpse

06.21 Giugno: GUNS N’ ROSES

with Within Temptation, Sebastian Bach, Killswitch Engage, Black Stone Cherry, Ugly Kid Joe, Cancer Bats

06.23 MÖTLEY CRÜE

with SLASH featuring Myles Kennedy and the Conspirators, The Darkness, Hardcore Superstar, Black Veil Brides, Lizzy Borden

06.24 OZZY & FRIENDS (Ozzy Osbourne feat. Geezer Butler, Slash, Zakk Wylde and more TBA)

with Opeth, Black Label Society, Lamb Of God, Trivium, DevilDriver, August Burns Red, Kobra and the Lotus

It will probably be an in-and-out thing, Gn'R has shows booked for the 19th and 24th right? If things go well they will come in, preform with the no drama, and leave for Belgium. Its a tight schedule so there will probably be very little hanging about. That being said, DJ will probably want to catch up with the people in Motley Crue...

I bet that someone somewhere tries to pull something with the hotel rooms though, similar to the situation with Duff back in 2010.

I really wanted to go to this fest but I really don't have the money and enough friends willing to make the trip. I'll try and make it to one of the UK shows but I have to wait for my exam timetable to be confirmed...

Edited by KiraMPD

This has been discussed before and it doesn't mean anything. Axl will be outside the country by the time Slash arrives. Period.

Not only that, but the Hall of Fame is long before this festival. If they are to make amends, it'll be long before the show anyways.

If they do, then I could see Slash watching Axl, though Axl probably won't stay for Slash.