All Original Members To Attend HOF Ceremony

axlslash

I really hope that this gathering on April 14th leads to some fence mending. I don't know how much longer I can put up with Axl's cash grabbing over the back catalogue.

Don't get me wrong. I can completely understand why he would never record an album with the current lineup. It would be more of a catastrophe than what Chinese was.

You couldn't be more wrong. This line-up is dynamite. It has everything Axl ever envisioned for Guns N' Roses in terms of technical proficiency, creativity, versatility, sex appeal, professionalism and loyalty. And it's grown slowly and organically as weaker members fell by the wayside. When the Chinese Democracy trilogy is finally completed and this line-up gets around to recording their album cycle, I think we'll all agree that THIS is the line-up best suited to Axl's talents.

^Whenever you're feeling down or just need a good laugh. Read this post. It'll do wonders! :)

Yes, I also find it hilarious that he'd pull a fake account out of his ass to make himself look clever :thumbsup:

Good to see the real you posting. :thumbsup:

Lol, how many others of these were there? I found one other so far.

Edited by Flayer

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really hope that this gathering on April 14th leads to some fence mending. I don't know how much longer I can put up with Axl's cash grabbing over the back catalogue.

Don't get me wrong. I can completely understand why he would never record an album with the current lineup. It would be more of a catastrophe than what Chinese was.

You couldn't be more wrong. This line-up is dynamite. It has everything Axl ever envisioned for Guns N' Roses in terms of technical proficiency, creativity, versatility, sex appeal, professionalism and loyalty. And it's grown slowly and organically as weaker members fell by the wayside. When the Chinese Democracy trilogy is finally completed and this line-up gets around to recording their album cycle, I think we'll all agree that THIS is the line-up best suited to Axl's talents.

tumblr_lqgj7gMaul1qbkyo1o2_250.gif

I don't think a full scale reunion, i.e tour and album of new material, would EVER happen for various reasons:

1). Axl wants to experiment more with his music, whereas Slash, Duff, Izzy etc are more keen on straight up rock n roll.

2). Izzy would never agree to a full tour and album. You can just see by what he has done over the last 20 years that he doesn't want to be in a band any more. I think all the drama associated with the Illusions tour, which was compounded by him being the only sober one at that time, has completely put him off.

3). While it is possible that Axl and Slash are on semi-civil terms at the moment (evidenced by Slash wishing Axl happy b'day on twitter) I don't think their relationship will ever be good enough again for them to collaborate on anything substantial (musically) again.

4). Whilst Steven Adler is quite possibly sober at the moment, he has relapsed more than any other band member, and has only been sober for a year or two at the most. I don't think the other band members - who are all sober now - would risk going on tour with someone who could relapse into a heroin addiction.

5). The most important reason I think is that each member of the band has moved on from the old GnR days and are doing their own musical projects. Axl has his new version of GnR, Duff has Loaded, Slash is doing his stuff with Myles Kennedy and is about to release a new album and go on tour again. Izzy likes to keep a low profile, and record his solo albums. I think deep down Slash would like to be in touch with Axl again. Axl probably very deep down feels the same. But I don't think any of the old band members have the appetite to do a full scale reunion again, because it could easily all end in tears because, let's face it, Axl still has his mood swings, still turns up 2 hours late for shows (which the other ex-GnR band members hate), Steven's drug problems are not far from the surface, Izzy wouldn't be up for it for the reasons I've explained and Slash and Duff are doing their own thing these days.

HOWEVER - there is no reason why they can't perform a 3 or 4 song set together at the Rock n Roll HOF induction. At the end of the day, the ONLY thing stopping them from performing a few songs is Axl and Slash's relationship. Slash gets on very well with Izzy, Duff, Steven & Matt. It's just Axl who he hasn't gotten along with. And the same goes for Axl in that he has contact with Izzy and Duff, and I think he's hand some minor, but friendly, contact with Steven and Matt over the years.

Even if Axl and Slash share the podium together and are civil I think that will be a huge step forward considering everything that's been said over the years since GnR split.

Edited by Original GNR

I don't think a full scale reunion, i.e tour and album of new material, would EVER happen for various reasons:

1). Axl wants to experiment more with his music, whereas Slash, Duff, Izzy etc are more keen on straight up rock n roll.

Axl has had 15 years to do this, released one album, and now tours predominantly playing songs from AFD and UYI. This myth is busted. If he wants to move the band forward, then MOVE IT THE FUCK FORWARD already. As someone posted recently, "What is he waiting for, exactly?"

Axl has had 15 years to do this, released one album, and now tours predominantly playing songs from AFD and UYI. This myth is busted. If he wants to move the band forward, then MOVE IT THE FUCK FORWARD already. As someone posted recently, "What is he waiting for, exactly?"

I agree with you. I'd love nothing more than to see a full scale reunion of the classic GnR line-up, but in his mind at least, Axl's musical tastes now are somewhat different to the others.

The best post of this thread. "What is he waiting for, exactly?"

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/slash-labels-guns-n-roses-hall-of-fame-reunion-rumor/

SLASH LABELS GUNS N’ ROSES HALL OF FAME REUNION ‘RUMOR’

Never one to promote certainty, the members of Guns N’ Roses have once again left fans wondering if a full reunion is likely or even possible when they’re inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in April. Slash doesn’t deny Dizzy Reed’s claim that the band is getting back together for one night in Cleveland, but he hardly confirms it.

“I know that there’s a lot of rumor about it, as always when it comes to GNR, out there on the Internet and stuff, but as it stands right this second, I have no idea what’s going on,” the guitarist said in an interview with Mike Jones of Washington D.C. rock radio station DC101.

The band is being recognized on April 14, and Reed got longtime fans excited last week by saying the entire original band — including Axl Rose, Izzy Stradlin, Duff McKagan, Steven Adler and Slash — would be present. Reed, Matt Sorum and Gilby Clarke joined later.

“I know that all the original band is going to be there, I don’t know exactly what’s going to go down,” Reed told Billboard. “It’s one of those things I’m sure will all come together and be really cool. I’m just going to go in with a good attitude and a clear head and a grateful heart.”

Slash’s deflection of the question is a step up from his angry denial in December. The guitarist did say that he was honored to be included in this class, which includes Donovan, the Red Hot Chili Peppers, the Beastie Boys and others. “It was very flattering to get that initial phone call to say we were nominated,” he said adding that finding out the band was being inducted was a cherry on an already delicious sundae.

Personally, I think Slash is attending but he is speaking the complete truth when he says he has no idea what's going on. I don't think any of them know yet what the plan is, or if there will be any discussion of them performing.

Edited by Original GNR

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/slash-labels-guns-n-roses-hall-of-fame-reunion-rumor/

SLASH LABELS GUNS N’ ROSES HALL OF FAME REUNION ‘RUMOR’

Never one to promote certainty, the members of Guns N’ Roses have once again left fans wondering if a full reunion is likely or even possible when they’re inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in April. Slash doesn’t deny Dizzy Reed’s claim that the band is getting back together for one night in Cleveland, but he hardly confirms it.

“I know that there’s a lot of rumor about it, as always when it comes to GNR, out there on the Internet and stuff, but as it stands right this second, I have no idea what’s going on,” the guitarist said in an interview with Mike Jones of Washington D.C. rock radio station DC101.

The band is being recognized on April 14, and Reed got longtime fans excited last week by saying the entire original band — including Axl Rose, Izzy Stradlin, Duff McKagan, Steven Adler and Slash — would be present. Reed, Matt Sorum and Gilby Clarke joined later.

“I know that all the original band is going to be there, I don’t know exactly what’s going to go down,” Reed told Billboard. “It’s one of those things I’m sure will all come together and be really cool. I’m just going to go in with a good attitude and a clear head and a grateful heart.”

Slash’s deflection of the question is a step up from his angry denial in December. The guitarist did say that he was honored to be included in this class, which includes Donovan, the Red Hot Chili Peppers, the Beastie Boys and others. “It was very flattering to get that initial phone call to say we were nominated,” he said adding that finding out the band was being inducted was a cherry on an already delicious sundae.

Personally, I think Slash is attending but he is speaking the complete truth when he says he has no idea what's going on. I don't think any of them know yet what the plan is, or if there will be any discussion of them performing.

Good find...thanks for posting. I just wish they could all talk and figure out a way to make it work for one magical night.

"I have no idea what’s going on"

And that pretty much sums up the situation here, no one has a clue. I'm guessing there has been ZERO communication thus far. Slash probably doesn't even have the time or need to think about it atm with the new album and all.

We'll see in about 2 months, till then its anyone's guess. :shrugs:

Correction: he recorded 4 albums in 15 years. Because of technicalities beyond his control, you just haven't heard the other three volumes of Chinese Democracy. But soon you will.