Ritz - Official Thread - Feb. 15th 2012

Tyler Drama

• Replies 827
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In 1970, Unity Gallega, also known as Casa Galicia of New York, purchased Webster Hall (The Ritz) and remains the current owner of the property. Unity Gallega/Casa Galicia is a cultural organization representing people from Galicia (Spain) in promoting and preserving their cultural ties.

Source : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Webster_Hall

Powerage, Guns need to hire you to be their photographer. Amazing shots as usual!

I can always dream, right? :lol: I'd love to see what I could do if I could get my full rig into a show...

Seriously though, I really appreciate all the comments from you guys! I take these pictures as much for you guys as for myself, we're constantly starved for good pictures of this band, I just like doing what I can when I can ;)

You have serious skills with the photography Powerage,mind if I showed them to some friends?

Giving you full credit,of course.

Powerage, Guns need to hire you to be their photographer. Amazing shots as usual!

I can always dream, right? :lol: I'd love to see what I could do if I could get my full rig into a show...

Seriously though, I really appreciate all the comments from you guys! I take these pictures as much for you guys as for myself, we're constantly starved for good pictures of this band, I just like doing what I can when I can ;)

You have serious skills with the photography Powerage,mind if I showed them to some friends?

Yea, no problem. I don't have an issue with people sharing my photos now that I put my watermark on them. I started doing it because I used to have a huge problem with people using my pictures without credit or permission. And not just people putting them on their small-time website or anything. Check out this Guitar World article from 2010:

http://www.guitarworld.com/classic-anthrax-vocalist-rejoins-band

I took that picture March 27, 2009. It was only available on my Flickr page and my Facebook page; both are obviously sites where someone could get in contact with me easily requesting permission to use a picture. I discovered that article late last year, and I was absolutely appalled that a major publication would use a photo without credit/permission. After that I decided to start using a watermark to (hopefully) protect my images from any further copyright infringement.

I might come off sounding like a dick when I say this, but in the end, I put whatever I've got into taking these pictures. I love to share them with people and I love that people enjoy them, but it bothers me that someone will steal my images with no credit whatsoever, especially when they could reap benefits from said images (i.e. Guitar World) :shrugs:

Yea, no problem. I don't have an issue with people sharing my photos now that I put my watermark on them. I started doing it because I used to have a huge problem with people using my pictures without credit or permission. And not just people putting them on their small-time website or anything. Check out this Guitar World article from 2010:

I took that picture March 27, 2009. It was only available on my Flickr page and my Facebook page; both are obviously sites where someone could get in contact with me easily requesting permission to use a picture. I discovered that article late last year, and I was absolutely appalled that a major publication would use a photo without credit/permission. After that I decided to start using a watermark to (hopefully) protect my images from any further copyright infringement.

I might come off sounding like a dick when I say this, but in the end, I put whatever I've got into taking these pictures. I love to share them with people and I love that people enjoy them, but it bothers me that someone will steal my images with no credit whatsoever, especially when they could reap benefits from said images (i.e. Guitar World) :shrugs:

Understand completely Powerage, people have the mistaken idea that they are justified in fucking stealing someone's property on the internet, It may be an unpopular stance,but I agree with SOPA.

Artists put time,emotion and soul into their creativity,and it is some serious scumfuckery to steal from an individual whether it is Photos,Books,or Music.

You are justified in watermarking your photos,musicians have copyrights,labels,and sometimes functional managers to keep them from being ripped off,I have heard horror stories about how corporations have,and still do steal and Fuck over their material.

With creativity you have a piece of yoursef invested,and it blows that some lowlife can steal it,or publish it without your consent.

Thanks for allowing me to show a few friends, you have an undeniable gift and talent that shows, I hope you pursue this avenue and wish you all the best! :)

Understand completely Powerage, people have the mistaken idea that they are justified in fucking stealing someone's property on the internet, It may be an unpopular stance,but I agree with SOPA.

Artists put time,emotion and soul into their creativity,and it is some serious scumfuckery to steal from an individual whether it is Photos,Books,or Music.

You are justified in watermarking your photos,musicians have copyrights,labels,and sometimes functional managers to keep them from being ripped off,I have heard horror stories about how corporations have,and still do steal and Fuck over their material.

With creativity you have a piece of yoursef invested,and it blows that some lowlife can steal it,or publish it without your consent.

Thanks for allowing me to show a few friends, you have an undeniable gift and talent that shows, I hope you pursue this avenue and wish you all the best! :)

Thanks :) I certainly have plans of continuing with photography, but it's really just a hobby for me. I'm a music education student, and I've thought about getting a minor in photography, but so few schools seem to have a photography degree...

Here's another batch of pictures, this one is for the Bumblefoot lovers, so you can pass on these if you're not a big Bumblefoot fan :P I might've gotten a little "artsy" with the post-processing on a few of these, I hope you guys still like them though!

6918282423_b155e349b7_z.jpg

6918284487_712ee76242_z.jpg

6918286383_342a5a8711_z.jpg

6918288575_9dbfd8a7e6_z.jpg

6918290343_2492805f85_z.jpg

Thanks :) I certainly have plans of continuing with photography, but it's really just a hobby for me. I'm a music education student, and I've thought about getting a minor in photography, but so few schools seem to have a photography degree...

Here's another batch of pictures, this one is for the Bumblefoot lovers, so you can pass on these if you're not a big Bumblefoot fan :P I might've gotten a little "artsy" with the post-processing on a few of these, I hope you guys still like them though!

6918282423_b155e349b7_z.jpg

6918284487_712ee76242_z.jpg

6918286383_342a5a8711_z.jpg

6918288575_9dbfd8a7e6_z.jpg

6918290343_2492805f85_z.jpg

Fucking brilliant,I like how you aren't afraid to try different approaches!

Have you shown these to Ron?

Edited by sailaway

I remember when you took that first one... everyone around was just like :shocked:

Yea, that was classic. Everyone crowding around my camera just trying to get a glimpse of it! :lol:

Fucking brilliant,I like how you aren't afraid to try different approaches!

Have you shown these to Ron?

Yea, I sent him "that" picture from earlier in the show (I think everyone knows which one I mean by that!) on Twitter, and he Tweeted this:

Bumblefoot

#BrooklynPizza taught Dan Feeney @MrF33n3y everything he knows about concert photography farm8.staticflickr.com/7207/689398734…

I just sent him the first one of this last set, I think he'll really dig that one :D

EDIT: Thought some people might be interested/excited to hear that Ron retweeted 2 more of my pics; the lightbeam picture and the "Bumblefoot Rocks NYC" picture from the last set. If you guys want to Tweet any pictures to any band members/the band itself/management, I'd love that. It'd be cool if I could get more band members to check them out. Feel free to tag me in any Tweets as well (It's @MrF33n3y).

Edited by Powerage5

DAAAAAAYUM those some good pics. Your camera looks like it has better resolution than my eyes (forgive me if this is actually factual and should be well-known, I'm camera-retarded). Your watermarks over in the corner where it could be cropped off though, you should be putting it like directly on their faces or something for 100% protection. :xmasssanta:

Edited by Flayer

Alright, this is the last of my pictures!

6923297627_1b6dca7fd4_z.jpg

6777185016_a95ed693cd_z.jpg

6923299443_4142c05279_z.jpg

This is the banner I made in these last 2 pictures :D

6923300295_885c47f05a_z.jpg

6923301087_6b2c9ed592_z.jpg

If you've missed any or want to see any without having to dig through this topic, the full gallery is available on my Flickr page (As well as my Hamilton 2011 pictures still):

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mrf33n3y/

Edited by Powerage5

I hope everybody that steals/downloads movies and music off the net reads those last two posts.

I hope everybody that steals/downloads movies and music off the net reads those last two posts.

Exactly. It's just not fair to the musician/artist/whatever. I'll admit; I do download music from time-to-time, but only under one of two circumstances. First, I'll download something out-of-print if it's not realistically possible to get for a fair price. Second, I'll download a modern album if I buy the LP and it doesn't come with a download card, I see no shame in that. They're still getting my support, and the LP costs more than a CD.