Ritz - Official Thread - Feb. 15th 2012

Tyler Drama

• Replies 827
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome man thanks for posting your experience!! Blew away any Maiden gig huh? GNR will do that to you :D

Those are big words coming from someone who's seen Maiden to the extent I have. Don't get me wrong, if I ever had to pick between the 2 for what gig to go to, Maiden would still be my choice, but I can't deny that last night was just the most incredible show I've ever been to.

Why don't you tell them about your beef with one of the GNR guys? :xmasssanta:

Wasn't really gonna bring it up, but I don't really have a reason not to I guess. Now, I don't know all of Guns' crew members' names, so bear with me on this one if some people are more "in the know". On Sunday night, one of your stereotypical middle-aged, "the world owes me everything" type of woman pushed her way up front after the show was over, bugging every crew member on stage for a setlist. I told her they don't hand them out since the stage copies are laminates, but then the crew member who looks like a heavier, paler version of Frank gave her a paper copy, similar to the one I got off a security guard at the Hamilton gig. So I figured I'd try to get one last night. I asked the same crew member who gave it out on Sunday after the show was over if he had a copy that night and his response was, in the rudest tone possible, and I quote "No, the band don't use setlists. Now fuck off". At this point, I had 2 problems with what had just gone down. First, I don't care who you are on a road crew, don't speak to any fan like that, let alone the diehards who are at multiple shows per year, and dropping hundreds of dollars on the overpriced VIP packages. Second, it baffles me why crew members always feel the need to lie about bands either not using setlists or not being allowed to give setlists out (I'm a huge setlist collector, so I've heard just about every bullshit excuse in the book). At this point, not really caring about the setlist anymore, I told him (In a civil tone which he apparently is unable to comprehend) how disappointed I was that someone on the payroll for one of my favorite bands would treat the fans so poorly. I honestly don't remember what he said next, but he was extremely pissed and while unplugging cables from Axl's monitors whipped one of the jacks at my face. On my way out, I just decided ask their sound guy for his name, I was just curious...I like to keep a tab on who's easy going and who's not (I do the same thing with Maiden's crew). He asked me why I wanted to know, so I told him what happened, and he apologized for the whole thing and said he was embarrassed a member of their team could be so rude over something so miniscule. He was extremely nice, he kept saying he wished there was some way he could make it up to me, and eventually we got talking about the Terminal 5 gig (Apparently everyone involved in the band was extremely disappointed in that show).

The whole thing boils down to a respect thing for me; he had no reason to disrespect me for asking a simple question. If I'd kept pestering him, I'd understand his frustration, but he had no justification for reacting the way he did :shrugs:

why were they dissapointed by the terminal 5 gig? and what a prick, sorry you had to go through that

Sound, performance, venue. All in all they just thought it was a lackluster show. He must've said 2 or 3 times "I really hope tonight made up for Sunday night!" :lol:

You should throw a comment or two in Yelp about Terminal 5.

Sometimes the things road crew say and do to the audience can be taken out of context and made it seem like the band were being douchebags.

I wish bands were more picky about the venues they play. They're better off borrowing the Cirque De Soleil's circus tent and generators.

Alright, finally got Gimp to work on my new OS, which means it's time for me to start posting my pictures :)

6893190097_1e0d661446_z.jpg

6893209841_e3602167f1_z.jpg

6893228423_749006ece7_z.jpg

6893230579_7dbb033fc1_z.jpg

6893232619_7e0a59095d_z.jpg

On one hand, these pictures are slightly worse than my Hamilton pictures from a purely technical perspective. But I feel my pictures from Wednesday have a lot more "art" to them, and they really convey just how insane it was seeing Guns in a club this size. I hope you guys still like them as much as you did the Hamilton pictures ;) Plenty more to come!

Bumblefoot one is awesome! :shocked:

That's the exact reaction I had when I first saw it on my my Mac, my jaw literally dropped. More so than any other picture I took on Wednesday, that one really embodies the atmosphere and experience of these club gigs I think.

Greats pictures! thx for sharing! :D

btw, GnR have a great lightning crew :thumbsup:

Holy shit, last night was EPIC. Best set list ever. And fucking Civil War, again, THE BEST SONG OF THE NIGHT. Something about the way the new band plays it, with three guitars, just makes this song hit so hard. Late night. Got home at 5pm. Axl showed up at the after party around 4. Left in a fury around 4:45. Always drama! LOL...

Details man! Where? how? who? why!?

Hello? Kaneda? WE NEED OUR AXL FIX!

Did we ever find out if this is true & if so, what caused the upset?