FULL UK TOUR SCHEDULE

bionic56

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

is anyone else not worried that we havnt had any tickets yet and the concert is really soon.

Maybe give them a call or email to check, though they do normally say within 5 days of the show.

It does seem to take time when it comes to GNR.

Luckily got mine through the other day for London.

Ticketmaster:

Guns N Roses, UK Tour 2012

Metro Radio Arena, Newcastle, 23rd May; SECC, 25th May; O2 Arena, 31st May and 1st June

Ticket dispatch is currently in progress

--

I'm going to the 1st June show. I have never been to London or an arena as big as the O2. I've been to one GN'R concert before (2010) which was here where I'm from where the stadiums are a lot smaller.

What I'm wondering is how early should I get to the gig? On ticketmaster it says it begins 19:00. I have tickets for standing area, if I end up far back will I still get a good view? Or is it really far away?

This will be my first time in London and I don't want to waste too much time waiting in line before doors open, or inside the arena before the Thin Lizzy plays. But I don't want to be miles away from the stage either..

Edited by Jeez

Ticketmaster:

Guns N Roses, UK Tour 2012

Metro Radio Arena, Newcastle, 23rd May; SECC, 25th May; O2 Arena, 31st May and 1st June

Ticket dispatch is currently in progress

--

I'm going to the 1st June show. I have never been to London or an arena as big as the O2. I've been to one GN'R concert before (2010) which was here where I'm from where the stadiums are a lot smaller.

What I'm wondering is how early should I get to the gig? On ticketmaster it says it begins 19:00. I have tickets for standing area, if I end up far back will I still get a good view? Or is it really far away?

This will be my first time in London and I don't want to waste too much time waiting in line before doors open, or inside the arena before the Thin Lizzy plays. But I don't want to be miles away from the stage either..

When I went in 2010...

Not many people turn up *that* early. I got into the queue around 6.30 and managed to secure a spot second row easily. Even if you turned up at 7, not many people had arrived by that point. Even by the end of Bach's set the standing area was still only half full. Besides, most people are pretty considerate about letting people through, you'll get the odd couple who'll resist but you shouldn't have any problem weeding your way through to the front 5-10 rows even if you turned up really late. As for the view, I've never had a problem seeing the stage, but I guess it depends what height you are. I'm 5ft 10 and never really have much of a problem, just try to avoid standing behind the giants :P

Edited by Guest

Thanks for your reply!

I'm kind of excited about going to a concert there. I imagine the stadium to be really big, so if I end up far back I wouldn't really get the same awesome live in your face kind of experience as I would on first row (which is what I want), for instance.

But what you are saying sounds good!

I would appreciate any advice as I believe most of the active members around here has been to many more GN'R concerts in big stadiums than I have :)

Edited by Jeez

Thanks for your reply!

I'm kind of excited about going to a concert there. I imagine the stadium to be really big, so if I end up far back I wouldn't really get the same awesome live in your face kind of experience as I would on first row (which is what I want), for instance.

But what you are saying sounds good!

I would appreciate any advice as I believe most of the active members around here has been to many more GN'R concerts in big stadiums than I have :)

Not much to say really. If you don't mind not being in the first 3 rows, then turn up whenever. You'll be able to easily get quite far forward, and with some adept shimmying skills you'll be able to get up real close. It doesn't matter particularly much anyway because as soon as the concert starts people decide if they want to mosh or not and end up moving back. So if you haven't gotten close enough by the start, it'll be easier to once Jungle starts to pla.

As for the O2 itself. There's some nice bars in the dome that might appeal to you and the acoustics of the O2 are fantastic. It really is an awesome gig venue

I'll be there too so :thumbsup: