HOF what do you want them to play??

HowlinWolf

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah NR would be out of the question, especially if the original lineup won't rehearse. Too many logistical and musical issues that could arise from it. I am expecting songs like Jungle, SCOM, Nightrain, etc.

Guys, these are professional musicians...and above all they wrote music for these songs

they don't have to reharse it together...

there's reason they are inducted to RRHOF they're living rock legends,

I think they will easily manage these songs only if they agree to perform them

That's silly. All professional musicians need to rehearse.

Tell that to Axl.

BURN! :lol:

not a fair question really because they will probably play the greatest hits.

so if i had my choice it would probably be rocket queen, estranged, and dead horse or mama kin

but it will probably be jungle, scom, and a cover kohd or live and let die?

don't really matter to me i just would like to see it happen.

Yeah NR would be out of the question, especially if the original lineup won't rehearse. Too many logistical and musical issues that could arise from it. I am expecting songs like Jungle, SCOM, Nightrain, etc.

Guys, these are professional musicians...and above all they wrote music for these songs

They aren't studio musicians they are regular people just like you and me of course they would have to rehearse especially when you need to work out the logistical issues required to perform NR

That's silly. All professional musicians need to rehearse.

Tell that to Axl.

I wish. I'm sure if Axl actually rehearsed, things would actually sound right the first time, at the start of the tour, and we wouldn't've had such a... not good Rock in Rio.

Edited by Kill Devil Hill

they definately don't have time to play songs like Estranged and November Rain.

I am guessing they have time for three songs so I'll tweak my original post

first

The original 5 playing

-----------

Jungle

You're Crazy (slow electric)

and then

All 7 w/ Matt and Dizzy playing

Knockin On Heavens Door

Edited by HowlinWolf

3 song medley What I want them to play:

Rocket Queen

Locomotive

Prostitute

A 3 song set spanning the career of songs i would expect :

WTTJ

CW

Better/CD (one or the other).

I really dont think Axl would agree to do it without at least one CD era song in it.

I actually really like this idea. Jungle would have Classic, CW (or YCBM) would have Matt, and Better/SOD would have current Guns.

There won't be time and most of all a desire to perform ChD songs

look who's inducted and don't be delusional

and it has nothing to do with skills but rather with old line-up not being fans of Axl's latest work

they also don't want to bore guests to death with ChD material

I call for dinamic anthemic songs probably WTTJ & NR or Estranged for additional musicians: Matt & Dizzy :rofl-lol:

And personally I don't belive anyone would allow to perform the latest version of Gn'R

because there's simply no reason

Seeing all this makes me want to edit, but now that it's many hours later and im finally back on the forum, it's too late (esp. since it's been replied to) . I meant spanning the career that i deep down really want. But i suppose i already look dumb and nobody will give me the benefit of the doubt.

I may be considering selling my ticket since i may be purchasing a house and i will need the money, unfortunately i paid over $600 for the ticket, and i already booked my hotel which is non refundable, if anyone would possibly be interested shoot me a msg, if not i may just go, gotta see if i get this house in the next month.

It is section 54 Row H, which is a good seat compared to what i am seeing on ebay and stuff like that.

I think it'd be cool if they did Paradise City and Knockin' on Heaven's Door as kind of a nod to the Freddie Tribute where those two songs back to back kicked ass. They're both songs that'll work for all the guys to jam to as well. They could even do the two drummers thing. KISS did that at their MTV Unplugged with Eric Singer and Peter Criss drumming together for a couple songs. Kind of pointless, but a nice way to get all the guys involved.

nothing. it would be cool to see axl accept the award with the original guys.......but playing on stage together will only further fuel the reunion bullshit. i want to see the new band continue to go forward, release more music and continue to get stronger. axl playing with the old guys will be another setback for the new band. axl is in a no win situation. if he doesn't play with the old guys, he's an asshole. if he plays with the old guys, but doesn't do a reunion, he's an asshole. in his best interest, he probably shouldn't even show up.

Edited by Evil Doer

I also think "November Rain" would be unbelievable if only because it would start with Axl at piano alone. Lights turn up a bit and you see Izzy and Duff and Adler and then Slash is nowhere to be found so we're like wtf is happening. Then all of a sudden for the solo, Slash could just be standing somewhere, the spotlight shines on him, and this happens ...

and of course THIS:

nothing. it would be cool to see axl accept the award with the original guys.......but playing on stage together will only further fuel the reunion bullshit. i want to see the new band continue to go forward, release more music and continue to get stronger. axl playing with the old guys will be another setback for the new band. axl is in a no win situation. if he doesn't play with the old guys, he's an asshole. if he plays with the old guys, but doesn't do a reunion, he's an asshole. in his best interest, he probably shouldn't even show up.

This is bs, dude. All the new band does is play the songs the AfD lineup created. They haven't been "moving forward" for years upon years. If Axl is gonna play Afd/Lies/Illusions, I'd rather see it with the guys who wrote the songs than a great cover act.

Edited by GnR Chris

I also think "November Rain" would be unbelievable if only because it would start with Axl at piano alone. Lights turn up a bit and you see Izzy and Duff and Adler and then Slash is nowhere to be found so we're like wtf is happening. Then all of a sudden for the solo, Slash could just be standing somewhere, the spotlight shines on him, and this happens ...

and of course THIS:

This is bs, dude. All the new band does is play the songs the AfD lineup created. They haven't been "moving forward" for years upon years. If Axl is gonna play Afd/Lies/Illusions, I'd rather see it with the guys who wrote the songs than a great cover act.

the new band is clicking right now better than ever. axl has the right guys in place now. they are putting on great shows and having fun with each other. axl seems to be the happiest he's ever been on stage. i want to see this band release more music. axl playing with the old guys at the hall of fame will only hurt the new band.

Edited by Evil Doer