HOF what do you want them to play??

HowlinWolf

Alright people.. Let's have a civil discussion on this one. Who knows what is gonna happen but if the band does play, what songs do you think they should play? I really wouldn't want them to do a medley. They should have time to play about two full songs.. It is a common occurance to play covers at the HOF too.. I personallly hope they play songs where Mickey Mouse voice is less likely to make an appearance.

One of the big Appetite 3 is inevitable

Jungle or Sweet Child. Paradise City is too long.

For the other song I think it would be cool if the did a stripped down Knockin On Heavens Door like the early days.

I think another good choice would be a slow tempo You're Crazy. I just watched Axl sing it from a link in another thread. I was actually surprised how old school he sounded.

My choices are

Appetite Line-up

Jungle

You're Crazy (slow Electric)

then......

Appetite line-up + Dizzy and Matt

Knockin On Heavens Door

I wish to god they would rehearse too!!! Cold day in hell before Axl ever shows up for that but atleast the band should.

Edited by HowlinWolf

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just happy if they all show up. They could play Freebird for all I care, but would like to see Axl sing with one of the inducted members, and Slash join in at the end with Paul Shaffer's house band. Maybe they can finally do Locomotive with Jeff Beck.

WTTJ first of all, it symbolizes what the old band was all about and would bring them full circle

Then id like either SCOM or PC, theyre both huge and of course, part of AFD.

SCOM is the song that really put them on the map and helped elevate jungle and AFD.

And Paradise City would really showcase each member's abilities.

Then if they omit a song from the big 3, Id like to see Knockin (its always ben a special song to me) plus it was played in the early days and represents UYI

YCBM, Civil War, or something else like Dont Cry would be great too. November Rain or Estranged would be epic but highly unlikely

If they play though, anything'll be gravy haha but id like to see those above, especially Jungle

3 song medley What I want them to play:

Rocket Queen

Locomotive

Prostitute

A 3 song set spanning the career of songs i would expect :

WTTJ

CW

Better/CD (one or the other).

I really dont think Axl would agree to do it without at least one CD era song in it.

As with some other inductees, don't be surprised if Axl performs with Guns N' Roses of the present!!! It has been done before in the past, and there is no reason it won't happen this time!

doesnt tommy have a solo show the day of the HOF? and i think Axl knows its the old band's night

3 song medley What I want them to play:

Rocket Queen

Locomotive

Prostitute

A 3 song set spanning the career of songs i would expect :

WTTJ

CW

Better/CD (one or the other).

I really dont think Axl would agree to do it without at least one CD era song in it.

I actually really like this idea. Jungle would have Classic, CW (or YCBM) would have Matt, and Better/SOD would have current Guns.