Why do you think Axl is so apprehensive to release new music?

ITW 2012

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well there has to be something wrong since newguns has only released one album compared to old guns who were less together than newguns and released 4 albums+1 cover album

Record company.

This. Doubt it's Axl.

He's part of the problem, refusing to get together with the original band, having everyone included on the album. The record company did its biggest damage bringing in Roy Thomas Baker who made them rerecord everything so many times it cost millions.

Also Buckethead caused problems in the studio. Not allowed to go into detail.

Edited by BirdCatcher

Well there has to be something wrong since newguns has only released one album compared to old guns who were less together than newguns and released 4 albums+1 cover album

Record company.

I kinda find it hard to believe that this is all due to his perfectionism. It must be some kind of problem with the record company, or, perhaps, they lied when they said they had 3 albums worth of songs.

I partially agree with you. I don't think the record company has any interest in releasing more New GNR records. It makes more business sense for them to hold out in the hopes that Axl will reunite with the real band. The potential pay off for the record company is simply too great to risk letting Axl finish GNR's contract with New GNR albums.

You ever read about new coke or Pepsi clear? They basically market those the next big thing until the public got pissed off so when they reintroduced Classic Coca Cola sales have never been better.

Same with GN'R. They hoped Chinese Democracy wil tank so bad Axl will be forced to reunite with Slash and Duff. Nevermind Izzy or Steven.

You can't beat the real thing.

coke-polarbeachparty05.jpg

Edited by ITW 2012

Record company.

I kinda find it hard to believe that this is all due to his perfectionism. It must be some kind of problem with the record company, or, perhaps, they lied when they said they had 3 albums worth of songs.

I partially agree with you. I don't think the record company has any interest in releasing more New GNR records. It makes more business sense for them to hold out in the hopes that Axl will reunite with the real band. The potential pay off for the record company is simply too great to risk letting Axl finish GNR's contract with New GNR albums.

You ever read about new coke or Pepsi clear? They basically market those the next big thing until the public got pissed off so when they reintroduced Classic Coca Cola sales have never been better.

Same with GN'R. They hoped Chinese Democracy wil tank so bad Axl will be forced to reunite with Slash and Duff. Nevermind Izzy or Steven.

You can't beat the real thing.

You really can't...

I'd say the problem is complex:

Axl, record company, denial of new members of the band, material is not that great and 3 albums worth like some people tried to convince us

Maybe after all Axl was sitting all these years doing nothing contrary to what Tommy said

But it looks to me like most of it is up to Axl for whatever reason

If he decides I want to put out another album it will finaly surface

I think it's a combination of Axl's fear of failure and further ridicule, and the record company not believing in another "Guns N Roses" album without any of the people who made Guns N Roses what it was. I mean, honestly, how many people believe the label still has faith in nu guns in terms of new material?

How is "Axl not ready to be done with CD"? He's about to tour the same places he already has SINCE the album has been released. Talk about beating a dead horse. It's done and over with, and it's been done and over with for years. The publics' opinion of it is already cemented in stone. That ship has sailed.

Edited by BS11290

I think timing is a big issue as well, and I think Axl regrets missing the boat big time three times.

(1) The first time he should of released it was at the start of the 2002 North American tour, just after the VMA performance.........GN'R was in the public eye, on a worldwide scale.

(2) The second time was early 2004, GN'R where scheduled to play Rock In Lisbon and no doubt a tour would have followed in Europe and the US. This would have almost certainly have made Buckethead stay with the band as well, as not getting anything done was one of the main reasons why he quit.

(3) The third and probably best opportunity came at the end of 2006, where GN'R had just completed a succesful European and US tour. Again the buzz was with the band, with Axl's appearence at the VMA's introducing The Killers to a worldwide audience. Another positive was they had a manager at the time in Merck who was willing to do just about anything to make the release later that year a success. And he even set up those Better and Paradise City Harley Davidson ads, in the preparation to help promote the Better single and Album.

Too many missed opportunitys in my view, and it probably has hurt Axl to a degree to be honest. :unsure:

I feel like it's about making an impact with the record. Having the songs connect or contribute. CD is a stand alone record that after everything adds something. They have worked to get these songs accepted.

Ironically maybe we would probably love under produced demo triple album.

So it's either CD II up to the standard or they try to find a new sound for a new creative project.

Why do you think Axl is so apprehensive to release new music? Is it because the record company doesn't give a shit about New GNR albums after Chinese Democracy or does it all boil down to Axl's sense of perfectionism? I find it hard to believe that CD II needs more than a mix and mastering to be ready for release.

I don't think he's apprehensive. I just think he's not done "working" Chinese yet.

If that's the case, then why hasn't he released the Better video yet?

If that's the case, then why hasn't he released the Better video yet?

I don't know, but you don't know either. The lack of videos is not evidence of anything. All we know is that Axl said on TMS that he wanted to continue to work Chinese for a bit.

It's evidence that Axl isn't all that serious about promoting/working Chinese Democracy.

Perhaps he's done experimenting and wants to go back to the original GN'R sound mixed with some of the CD sound.

Which would mean not releasing the CD era material and recording a new album from scratch with the current band.

Or he could be re-recording the older material with the current band, who knows what's going on in Axl World

Perhaps he's done experimenting and wants to go back to the original GN'R sound mixed with some of the CD sound.

Which would mean not releasing the CD era material and recording a new album from scratch with the current band.

Or he could be re-recording the older material with the current band, who knows what's going on in Axl World

I hope not, I really liked the experimentation :)

On the other hand, CD + AFD = experimenting.