Axl Rose not attending HOF

Tabitha27

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's about giving your best on stage and on record no matter how long it takes.

Like Rio 2011?

Everybody can have a bad day at work. All in all the 2010-2012 shows have received mostly great reviews, and the reviews from the recent UCAP tour have been splendid with Axl getting high praise for his performances. It's okay to be critical of Axl for all his faults and flaws, but be mature enough to give praise where praise is due and refrain from stupid potshots.

Like Rio 2011?

Everybody can have a bad day at work. All in all the 2010-2012 shows have received mostly great reviews, and the reviews from the recent UCAP tour have been splendid with Axl getting high praise for his performances. It's okay to be critical of Axl for all his faults and flaws, but be mature enough to give praise where praise is due and refrain from stupid potshots.

Axl could avoid having any bad days if he put in preparation. That is my only criticism. I don't believe he should be using shows on tour to 'warm up'.

Like Rio 2011?

You mean Rio 2011 when Axl went out in the pouring rain, and battling bronchitis. Yeah if that's the Rock in Rio we are talking about then I yes I believe we are on the same page.

I don't get why you are mad at Axl. If you think that the RRHOF is important it is one thing. But most of you doesn't seem to think that and honestly, even if you just look at this year's inductees it's just not a very big deal. It's just an award, hundreds of not very special artists have gotten it and some haven't. GN'R are the same thing with or without this award. So why be angry with Axl? That is right, because you saw this as the one shot to force Axl to do what you knew he did not want to do. To reunite. So all he really did was refusing to reunite. He has been doing this for over a decade. It is his choice. For him it is his life and for us it is just entertainment.

If by "you" you mean the collective of us disappointed and mad at Axl... Well, you must not have read much of the thread as there's plenty of good logical points as to why this is bullshit. This years inductees not important? Wait, are we talking about the same Red Hot Chili Peppers here? Probably one of the 5 biggest bands consistently since the late 80s - early 90s right up until now? Or are we talking about the same Beastie Boys that melded punk attitudes, comedy and rap into one of the most innovative, entertaining, and popular acts since around the same time? Their last album was fucking awesome too by the way.

Why be angry with Axl... he's denying to even get inducted, he won't show up for reasons he won't go into detail about... he's just scared of the whole situation so he's pussying out, he won't progress with the new band OR get on with the old band, he only makes public statements to make the fans aware of something negative or something he's deciding not to do, he has done the same tour for 15 years and hasn't matured since at least 1990.

Don't want to reunite? Cool. Do something then, anything, musical. Don't want to do that? (he doesn't) Stop the never ending tour and pretending your new band is going anywhere when it's obviously not and retire.

Axl's crazy, Axl's a dick without even knowing it in the slightest, Axl lost. This is why fans are upset with him. He's expected to disappoint at every turn and somehow he even exceeds expectation there. So many chances to regain loyalty and respect from fans... so many chances where he sat at home instead.

Like Rio 2011?

Axl could avoid having any bad days if he put in preparation. That is my only criticism. I don't believe he should be using shows on tour to 'warm up'.

No one can avoid having the occasional bad day now and then. Blaming the subpar performance on RIR 2011 on not being prepared, when he delivered a great show three days later, is a bit hasty. He probably WAS a bit unprepared, he usually is, but a lot of things went wrong that night.

Opinions are like assholes...everyone has one and they're all full of shit.

In other news, the sky is blue.

EDIT: For RIR3.... it was entirely his fault. Do you guys not realize most singers start tours better than they end them? Why is is backwards for Axl? Because instead of doing the training beforehand the shows are his only training.... beautiful way to fuck up your voice as well as we all know happens every few years to him. Can you imagine if he did fully prepare? He could have it so much better, in every respect of his life, if he did a few minor things differently. This goes to my previous post of why fans are mad at him... we realize he's great, he's just wasting it.

Edited by The_Universal_Sigh

EDIT: For RIR3.... it was entirely his fault. Do you guys not realize most singers start tours better than they end them? Why is is backwards for Axl? Because instead of doing the training beforehand the shows are his only training.... beautiful way to fuck up your voice as well as we all know happens every few years to him. Can you imagine if he did fully prepare? He could have it so much better, in every respect of his life, if he did a few minor things differently. This goes to my previous post of why fans are mad at him... we realize he's great, he's just wasting it.

Yes, exactly. If he had prepared himself there wouldn't have been a torrential downpour.

Yes, exactly. If he had prepared himself there wouldn't have been a torrential downpour.

and he wouldn't have had bronchitis

What a load of utter crap.

I'm fine that he does not want to attend, thats one thing. But to whine about "i dont want my name in the hall of fame, dont speak about me" etc. is so damn stupid, sad and irrational. I just do not get it and never will. Axl has always been my hero, and I have always been in his corner when old vs. new GnR battle has been going on, but this is too much for me.

Axl Rose: A real "class" act and an "adult".

Axl is trending on yahoo and twitter. His letter is in the Wall Street Journal. Axl is everywhere!

He is a master at getting people to talk about him and he's equally a pro at going off-the-grid as we have all witnessed throughout the better part of 18 years.

This once again proves that he's still as big as any current celebrity even though he does things on his terms in his own time. I'm no longer disappointed that he won't perform with the old band.

Who cares what Dee Snider and Steven Adler had to say? Adler can barely tie his shoes, let alone form a sentence.

lmao, adler will be whoring up the media all weekend, im still trying to get my thoughts on what i should say to Adler, any suggestions?

Who cares what Dee Snider and Steven Adler had to say? Adler can barely tie his shoes, let alone form a sentence.

lmao, adler will be whoring up the media all weekend, im still trying to get my thoughts on what i should say to Adler, any suggestions?

Yeah ask him why in the world Axl would ever want to play on the same stage with him when Frank Ferrer out classes, and out plays him in every aspect.

Axl is trending on yahoo and twitter. His letter is in the Wall Street Journal. Axl is everywhere!

He is a master at getting people to talk about him and he's equally a pro at going off-the-grid as we have all witnessed throughout the better part of 18 years.

This once again proves that he's still as big as any current celebrity even though he does things on his terms in his own time. I'm no longer disappointed that he won't perform with the old band.

Hehe, yes, and to think that the HOF snubbing will hurt the approaching tour and the current lineup is just silly. If anything this clear statement from Axl that a reunion will never happen will hopefully make some of the reunionists disappear and make the fan base appear more solid and consistent and, even more importantly, supportive.

So, Izzy won't be there. Axl won't be there.

They should blow it off, they're not going to induct any founding members now.

They're just inducting some hacks or scabs or whatever. Right Steven? CoolFace.png

+1

Yeah I'm not sure how you can induct Guns N' Roses without Axl and Izzy.

Yeah ask him why in the world Axl would ever want to play on the same stage with him when Frank Ferrer out classes, and out plays him in every aspect.

Good idea, you know i was considering being cool with Adler at first, but i really feel he had a big part in axl not showing up, well obviously if axl is bringing shit up from 07, and then his recent outbursts, i dont think i would even want his autograph anymore :(