Matt Sorum: Other members (Slash) should have called Axl and he may have attended

GNFR2003

For any of them to get ahold of Axl it would have to be a lawyer calling Axl's lawyer who would call Beta who would need written permission for Axl who would need the topic in writing, lawyers to review etc....no fucking way Axl just answers phone- "hello". On the other hand- Axl could get ahold of Duff or Slash personally in about 10 minutes.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This doesn't make sense considering the heartfelt article he wrote basically directed at Axl. If he really wanted the performance to happen he woulda called Axl. I mean this is the guy that has hung out played with Axl on tour in the last year. It's revealing that he wouldn't take that necessary step almost like he didn't care enough to make the first move.

This doesn't make sense considering the heartfelt article he wrote basically directed at Axl. If he really wanted the performance to happen he woulda called Axl. I mean this is the guy that has hung out played with Axl on tour in the last year. It's revealing that he wouldn't take that necessary step almost like he didn't care enough to make the first move.

Duff said a few weeks ago something like "at some point I would have been the guy to rally the troops, but I'm past that point in my life now".

Duff said a few weeks ago something like "at some point I would have been the guy to rally the troops, but I'm past that point in my life now".

I guess but in that letter he sounded really desperate for it to happen. Guess nothing changed and he is past that point.

Duff and Slash have stated for weeks in the press that would love to jam tonight.

The info was out there.

God knows it was plastered all over here enough.

The info was there for others to react to if they so desired.

Maybe if others saw those headlines and realized the willingness was there,with no hard feelings...they could have seen it as a positive sign and picked up the phone themselves. :shrugs:

After going to his house and being turned away by Beta, why the hell would Slash want to put in a call now? So the Guns camp put out some new BS PR release claiming Slash was "begging" Axl to come, he knows Axl is the most important member of Guns, yada yada yada....

Edited by Turn_It_Up

there was no need for any calls, he should be there regardless. He was invited.

Just because you're invited doesn't mean you must go.

But remember, he's apparently 'living off the past' so surely he would be first in line by that logic :rolleyes:

Edited by RandallFlagg

there was no need for any calls, he should be there regardless. He was invited.

Just because you're invited doesn't mean you must go.

But remember, he's apparently 'living off the past' so surely he would be first in line by that logic :rolleyes:

yeah of course I'm sorry :D

No surprises here, either. As I said in the Duff thread, if the guys really want to play, they should have started working with Axl from the start, both by mending bridges and by suggesting scenarios that Axl would be comfortable with. Waiting untill a few days before the induction with no prior communication, to let everyone know THEY are not the ones responsible for no music at the ceremony because THEY really want to play, is too little too late, and even worse, one might argue that they are deliberately doing it this way to make Axl the bad guy again, basically setting him up for the fall. To complete the work they should thank Axl profusely from the podium to really make it clear to the world who the good guys and who the bad guy, are.

Ad to repeat myself again: They are honouring a famously dysfunctional and non-communicative band by being dysfunctional and non-communicative.

What a bullshit argument. I don't even know where to start...

Why does everybody have to succumb to what 'Axl is comfortable with'? BTW: I understand Axl why he made his deision but don't blame the other guys

Edited by LysanderSky

No surprises here, either. As I said in the Duff thread, if the guys really want to play, they should have started working with Axl from the start, both by mending bridges and by suggesting scenarios that Axl would be comfortable with. Waiting untill a few days before the induction with no prior communication, to let everyone know THEY are not the ones responsible for no music at the ceremony because THEY really want to play, is too little too late, and even worse, one might argue that they are deliberately doing it this way to make Axl the bad guy again, basically setting him up for the fall. To complete the work they should thank Axl profusely from the podium to really make it clear to the world who the good guys and who the bad guy, are.

Ad to repeat myself again: They are honouring a famously dysfunctional and non-communicative band by being dysfunctional and non-communicative.

so basically, all the other members should bend over backwards and suck his dick to get him to come? Axl can come on the same terms everyone else is, no strings attached, just show up and accept the award. He chose not to, thats cool, its his choice. But no one else is to blame for his actions and they shouldnt make special preparations just for him.

Why does everybody have to succumb to what 'Axl is comfortable with'? BTW: I understand Axl why he made his deision but don't blame the other guys

Because Axl is STILL in the band. Everyone else left.

I know there is a big Team Slash following here, but each of the FORMER members should have called Axl since he has had to deal with all the GNR business stuff his whole life. Duff & Slash have to deal with all the reunion questions, but they have done their own thing away from GNR for 15+ years. They get tired of it, and want the public to acknowledge their work since then. Therefore, give Axl that much respect.

Instead, Duff and Slash and Steven are fast to appear at an event for a band they all left and don't like talking about anymore.

But like someone posted earlier...the Hall is inducting a band that was dysfunctional and non-communitive. No one should be surprised nor disappointed they acted dysfunctional and non-communitive.

Edited by SALonghorn

Because Axl is STILL in the band. Everyone else left.

I know there is a big Team Slash following here, but each of the FORMER members should have called Axl since he has had to deal with all the GNR business stuff his whole life. Duff & Slash have to deal with all the reunion questions, but they have done their own thing away from GNR for 15+ years. They get tired of it, and want the public to acknowledge their work since then. Therefore, give Axl that much respect.

Instead, Duff and Slash and Steven are fast to appear at an event for a band they all left and don't like talking about anymore.

But like someone posted earlier...the Hall is inducting a band that was dysfunctional and non-communitive. No one should be surprised nor disappointed they acted dysfunctional and non-communitive.

I agree with the above and it isn't difficult to grasp. Also Axl could be a lot less difficult sometimes and compromise i.e let the current Guns attend and have a couple interviews with their opinions down for people to listen to (Or not listen to) around the celebration of the band's history and enjoy what he helped build as much as the other guys but we know it wasn't a great place for him though that shaped amazing music. If only Axl would get his head together and make music people would have little choice but to accept the band has moved on with Axl.

Edited by RandallFlagg

Like Axl would have picked up the phone. It would have turned into another episode similar to the time Slash took a visit to Axl's house. Look how Axl handled that one, and turned it all around.

Now Mr./Mrs. vaida, now I know either you or the rest have been truly overcome with disappointment/emotion in the past few days lol to say the least :rofl-lol: but personally don't want ANYONE coming to my house (whom I haven't spoken to in years) in any manner or state other than a SOBER one. REALLY now smh? If Axl had done that, well besides the fact that folks would be like "all at least he's coming to his senses/oh now he crawls back" or some mess like that, they'd also look at him as a coward and they'd be right. If you need to be inebriated in order to be in someone's presence or to talk to them then something is truly and deeply WRONG. No questions about that. No I don't care if he was just out partying and just wanted to chill with Axl anyhow. He had it set that he was going to go over there and at could at least come correct, man to man with a conversation that he could at least remember later on.

Trying to have an eventual deep convo with someone in another state of mind, especially to Axl of all folks lol, please; it seems that folks just want him to go along/put up with ANYTHING in order to keep the old band together. Well I guess since the others did the same for him :lol: haha! I mean that's probably another reason why he can't hardly be around Steven. Hell his mind is part putty putty and the other part just foams out everytime he yaps or moves his friggin lips lol!

If they wanted to play with Axl they would have to succumb to asking him. It's that easy. It probably wouldn't have worked, but that's another thing. I am sorry this simple argument offended you.

so basically, all the other members should bend over backwards and suck his dick to get him to come? Axl can come on the same terms everyone else is, no strings attached, just show up and accept the award. He chose not to, thats cool, its his choice. But no one else is to blame for his actions and they shouldnt make special preparations just for him.

Have I said anyone else is to blame? I am just pointing out the hypocrisy of saying they want to play with Axl when they haven't reached out to him to ask if he wants to play with them. It certainly wouldn't work, because of ridiculous demands from Axl, but it would have been the right thing to do. Try to think.

very true

Sorum actually is making much sense here, and defending Axl--it seems even he was a bit put off by the public, derogatory statements by Adler and Slash. He truly seems disappointed, and makes a great point--the guys needed to reach out to Axl and chat with him and work out a way for them to all attend. He seems really let down by Slash:

Want to know who it would be up to?

Beta and Perla. Don't be surprised if they meet up for lunch one day.

Axl would go "do NOT talk to that woman"... and Beta would go "fine, I quit then".

Which is odd in a way, as their endgame is to have Axl come crawling back on his bleeding knees. Weird way to go about it when you think about it. But then again people do do stupid things all the time. At any rate, it's not going to happen this way. I wouldn't be surprised if a genuine heartfelt apology opened up some doors. That being said of course seeing the old guys play again would be nice, but right now I still got hope GnR will put out some new music soon. I'm not going to hate them if they dont, and I won't be holding my breath either. Just hope we get to hear CD2/CD3 with as little DJ interferrance as possible, then we can get the DJ frills and spills.