RNR HALL OF FAME LIVE COVERAGE

JimBobJoeJackJr

They sounded heaps better than axls charade. Almost took you back to the UYI tour it sounded so good.

this is a joke right?

please tell me they didnt do cover songs at a GNR HOF induction.

You can not be serious

Stop being melodramatic. Yes they did play GnR songs and they did a fucking good job of it. Slash on guitar, Steven (+Matt) on drums, Duff on bass. 3/5ths of the AFD lineup and they were tight and sounded fucking brilliant. Myles did a decent job as usual of pulling off the vocals. People should NOT stop ripping on him. If Axl had bothered to show up then they would have played with him, but he chose not to.

Fixed.

He did. Stop being a cry baby. He did better than what I saw at Rock In Rio 2011 last year at least :rolleyes:

Wow... better than RIR 2011... that doesn't mean much you know, doesn't change the fact that Scott, Steven Tyler and Corey Taylor were better choices.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Duff and Slash know how to make good decisions. It was only natural to play a few songs at the ceremony. Izzy didn't come, who's the best choice to replace him for that night: Gilby. Axl didn't show up, who was the best choice to sing: Myles.

Good performance by the guys, congratulations!

I just want new music, that's all I want from the current band. Hell, they could release unfinished demos from a decade ago, I don't care. I just hate to see Axl throw all his musical efforts away in the vault because some artists aren't on them. I just want to see the current band get the recognition they deserve for being a kick-ass band. Until Axl releases new music, people will just see the current band as a nostalgia act, living off the old band's success.

+1

I just want new music, that's all I want from the current band. Hell, they could release unfinished demos from a decade ago, I don't care. I just hate to see Axl throw all his musical efforts away in the vault because some artists aren't on them. I just want to see the current band get the recognition they deserve for being a kick-ass band. Until Axl releases new music, people will just see the current band as a nostalgia act, living off the old band's success.

+1

+2 :thumbsup:

Duff and Slash know how to make good decisions. It was only natural to play a few songs at the ceremony. Izzy didn't come, who's the best choice to replace him for that night: Gilby. Axl didn't show up, who was the best choice to sing: Myles.

Spot on. Myles knows the songs well because he's sung them so many times with Slash. And yes, the obvious stand in for Izzy was Gilby.

Spot on. Myles knows the songs well because he's sung them so many times with Slash. And yes, the obvious stand in for Izzy was Gilby.

Not only that, it was also nice to include him because of his history with GN'R.

I'm not saying this to belittle anyone in any incarnation of the band, this is just a general comment. But this is the first version of Paradise City I've listened to in a long time that's not the current band, and I really feel like it's got a lot less punch without a third guitar...it sounds a little thin to me. Maybe it was the video, we'll see when it's televised.

Myles sounds better than usual though IMO.

They sounded heaps better than axls charade. Almost took you back to the UYI tour it sounded so good.

this is a joke right?

You can not be serious

Axl could've been a man for one night (Izzy too) and fucking shown up. They are both a couple of flakes. The others decided not to let that bring them down.

at some point soon it is likely this thread will be closed and or merged with this one http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showtopic=185168

It is getting all too lost here, pics, videos etc are scattered. I have recieved a couple complaints about users waking up today to find nothing about what happened only people whinning about who was or was not there.

this is a joke right?

You can not be serious

Axl could've been a man for one night (Izzy too) and fucking shown up. They are both a couple of flakes. The others decided not to let that bring them down.

So standing by his beliefs and not betraying himself with a man he sees as a liar is not being a man?

Guess he should have sold out and made you happy

I'm not saying this to belittle anyone in any incarnation of the band, this is just a general comment. But this is the first version of Paradise City I've listened to in a long time that's not the current band, and I really feel like it's got a lot less punch without a third guitar...it sounds a little thin to me. Maybe it was the video, we'll see when it's televised.

Myles sounds better than usual though IMO.

Agreed. Myles usually sounds terrible on GnR songs. This was very listenable. I also agree about the guitar sound, but it was a pretty nice performance, even if it's not up to the standards we're used to from the current band.

I do not understand why you say it was a great event. It was only Velvet Revolver reunion, a band that was seen until recently.

And..none of you ever made ​​a bad decision? Axl does not have the right to make a bad decision?

Couldn't agree more

I do not understand why you say it was a great event. It was only Velvet Revolver reunion, a band that was seen until recently.

And..none of you ever made ​​a bad decision? Axl does not have the right to make a bad decision?

Whatever you wanna call it, 5 members of the GNR alumni were there last night. Axl and Izzy missed out on a great celebration.

Here is high quality footage of Sweet Child O Mine:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovPlclqWeRw&nomobile=1

AWESOME

Agreed, brings you back to the glory of that guitar solo; nobody plays it better than the master.

And I have to give respect to Myles for the way he handled the vocals. I thought he did a great job, though I've never been that big of a fan on his vocal style.

But more importantly, I give him respect for his reserved stage presence and letting the spotlight shine on those being inducted. He could have brought more energy in his stage presence but I'll bet it was a conscience decision to hold back to not distract from people's attention on Slash, Duff and Adler.

Kudes on grown men acting like grown men and honoring the music and the memory of what made this band so great so many years ago.

Much love to all who appeared last night.

Cheers,

Andrew