Who would you rather see in concert/using the name?

xxjmontxx

Who would you rather see in concert/using the name?  

101 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It's weird, even though I'm seeing Axl and the boys later this year (on several different dates), I think that it fits more with Slash and those lot. Hmmm but in some ways it doesn't ahhhh i'm stuck.

To me Axl Rose' vocals defines the sound of Guns N' Roses. He is irreplaceable. As long as his vocals, lyrics and sense of melody is there, it is Guns N' Roses. I am looking forward to what the next record will sound like.

If Slash & Friends had the name he'd run it to the ground for me by releasing boring, generic blues rock records that would forever stain the legacy of the greatness of Guns N' Roses. If there's anything Guns N' Roses is supposed to be (for me) it is innovative and progressive. And if there's anything Slash isn't, it's exactly that.

To me Axl Rose' vocals defines the sound of Guns N' Roses. He is irreplaceable. As long as his vocals, lyrics and sense of melody is there, it is Guns N' Roses. I am looking forward to what the next record will sound like.

If Slash & Friends had the name he'd run it to the ground for me by releasing boring, generic blues rock records that would forever stain the legacy of the greatness of Guns N' Roses. If there's anything Guns N' Roses is supposed to be (for me) it is innovative and progressive. And if there's anything Slash isn't, it's exactly that.

Axl seems to be doing a pretty good job running the name into the ground all by himself

Axl seems to be doing a pretty good job running the name into the ground all by himself

How?? He released a fairly decent album under the Guns N' Roses name in 2008 and has been touring extensively to great reviews, playing both old and new music.

I'd see the lineup that played last night in a heartbeat if they were to tour. As for who should use the name there are valid arguments for both bands using the name. The thing is though, the name Velvet Revolver seemed to work just fine for the guys last time but Myles alas it seems isn't going to be fronting them any time soon. In terms of an extended 'reunion' I think VR is the closest that we're going to get. Axl doesn't want to play with Slash so you need another singer, Izzy doesn't like the limelight so you need another rhythm guitarist and Adler's too much of a risk so you go with Matt. Although, it seems there's no real drive for Slash, Matt and Duff to work together again. I think if there was Slash wouldn't have started his solo thing.