Ok the Hall Of Fame is over....

JAxlMorrison

I think it's great the original guys got their moment. Some of my posts suggested otherwise, but now that it is over, I feel good for them. However...that chapter should now be closed. And seeing all these topics about them in the GUNS N ROSES section of the forum, is kind of raising my blood pressure. They're not in the band. The band is back on the road keeping the legacy alive throughout the world a few weeks from now. We shouldn't be disrespecting the current incarnation and all the hard work they do for us (Esp Tommy, DJ, Bumble who has been playing hurt, etc.) by discussing these guys, and having topics about whether they will tour together, etc. That belongs in Original GNR, in my opinion. Of course, I could be wrong. But I think Axl and those guys deserve our respect, if you're a fan of the current band. If you're not, I am not really sure what you are doing here, because the 5 guys who made Appetite haven't been together since 1990, and never, ever wll again. Let it go.

I think it's great the original guys got their moment. Some of my posts suggested otherwise, but now that it is over, I feel good for them. However...that chapter should now be closed. And seeing all these topics about them in the GUNS N ROSES section of the forum, is kind of raising my blood pressure. They're not in the band. The band is back on the road keeping the legacy alive throughout the world a few weeks from now. We shouldn't be disrespecting the current incarnation and all the hard work they do for us (Esp Tommy, DJ, Bumble who has been playing hurt, etc.) by discussing these guys, and having topics about whether they will tour together, etc. That belongs in Original GNR, in my opinion. Of course, I could be wrong. But I think Axl and those guys deserve our respect, if you're a fan of the current band. If you're not, I am not really sure what you are doing here, because the 5 guys who made Appetite haven't been together since 1990, and never, ever wll again. Let it go.

if seeing topics in the wrong section is actually raising your blood pressure, I suggest getting a life.

Can I ask an admin to please move the "Original GNR" forum up on the forum index so that it's directly below the "Guns N' Roses - Discussion & News" forum?

Seems silly for that forum to get buried below the now-useless "Axl Chats" forum, plus making it higher would lessen the chance of someone posting an Old-GNR topic in the New-GNR forum.

Thanks.

if seeing topics in the wrong section is actually raising your blood pressure, I suggest getting a life.

LOL! True! But nontheless he's right!

The Guns N'Roses HOF Induction is a Guns N'Roses thing. Axl might not have shown his face, atleast not in person, but he was inducted. The whole induction was about the success of 5 core members, plus a couple of others, and the impact they had on music. It represents something far bigger than anything Axl will ever archive again during his musical association with the name Guns N'Roses.

Edited by vaida

OP has to be trolling. This is a fucking guns n roses board the people here should be able to talk about guns n roses in all incarnations ESPECIALLY during the time such as now. Or should we delete all these threads getting tonnes of comments and go back to.... what..... I can't even think of any other legit topics since the tour ended at least save maybe that new picture.

OP has to be trolling. This is a fucking guns n roses board the people here should be able to talk about guns n roses in all incarnations ESPECIALLY during the time such as now. Or should we delete all these threads getting tonnes of comments and go back to.... what..... I can't even think of any other legit topics since the tour ended at least save maybe that new picture.

Yeah I mean its not like there is anything else to talk about. I say its fine as it is right now

Yeah I mean its not like there is anything else to talk about. I say its fine as it is right now

I agree.

Some people are anxious to resume talking about Axl's moustache and Ashba's tattoos.

Can I ask an admin to please move the "Original GNR" forum up on the forum index so that it's directly below the "Guns N' Roses - Discussion & News" forum?

Seems silly for that forum to get buried below the now-useless "Axl Chats" forum, plus making it higher would lessen the chance of someone posting an Old-GNR topic in the New-GNR forum.

Thanks.

I'd actually agree with this.

God forbid a guy has a day off from work after spending a night in AC with his girlfriend. My life is just fine, sir. Can you say the same? I doubt it. Your tone suggests otherwise.

And seeing all these topics about them in the GUNS N ROSES section of the forum, is kind of raising my blood pressure. They're not in the band.

I think as along as the subject matter of the posts is GNR,

new band, old band, new music, old music.

splittin hairs about who is GNR is really not necessary

imo

:violin: if talking about Guns N' Roses is disrespectful to Guns N' Roses than Guns N' Roses is going to have to suck it up

:rofl-lol: OWNEEEEEEEEEEEEDDDDDDDDDDDD

If that is the definition of owned around here, I mourn the death of "clever" and "wit"

If that is the definition of owned around here, I mourn the death of "clever" and "wit"

What I actually see is a guy saying that you're very angry because the posts about old GNR are still around here, though this is not the impression I got by reading your post. He probably didn't understand what you said - maybe english isn't his first language? I don't know, but english ain't my first language and I still got your point. And yes, I agree with the original point of your thread.

Hurts not to have Mod status and do it yourself, doesn't it?

In this case, the Rock Hall induction included Axl and is relevant, but if it starts getting back into solo projects, then they'll start closing and shifting things around.

Axl will prob. address the Rock Hall in a later interview, mostly about when he decided not to go but he's made his peace with the whole thing. He declined to participate the same way Frusciante did.

And over time, NO ONE REMEMBERS who was and wasn't at the Rock Hall until they start talking about the history, and then you see McCartney, Van Morrison, Rod Stewart TWICE (okay, Northridge earthquake's excusable...same day Harry Nilsson was buried. Not inducted), and Roger Waters didn't show up. And it wasn't just about Slash, but Azoff and others from the record company being there, people he would be performing in front of. And when he said he went to the fans, he really meant he was reading some of the message boards and got the reasons to go, but also the reasons not to.

Whether he wants it or not, he's inducted. He respectfully declined, and didn't do it as an act of rebellion against the Rock Hall, but wanted to make it clear it wasn't the time or the place to be in the same room with all of them. What he said in '08 about the Rock Hall to Del and here still applied. Glad he gave it some real thought, but like I said, had he announced it at the shows, it would've had protesters showing up, bad enough with the autograph collectors and their pickguards in his face.

I do think Slash and Axl will work things out to the point they can be in the same room without lawyers. But apart from that, enjoy the show, who knows when he'll wind up getting signed to a recording contract, or feel it's time to go back in the studio. I think re-signing with Geffen should only happen for a one record deal as long as he keeps the master rights. You're going to see record companies doing this more, now that the value of the tapes are diminishing with the sales figures.

He prob. could throw an offer for the master tapes now for a low figure.

In this case, the Rock Hall induction included Axl and is relevant, but if it starts getting back into solo projects, then they'll start closing and shifting things around.

Axl will prob. address the Rock Hall in a later interview, mostly about when he decided not to go but he's made his peace with the whole thing. He declined to participate the same way Frusciante did.

And over time, NO ONE REMEMBERS who was and wasn't at the Rock Hall until they start talking about the history, and then you see McCartney, Van Morrison, Rod Stewart TWICE (okay, Northridge earthquake's excusable...same day Harry Nilsson was buried. Not inducted), and Roger Waters didn't show up. And it wasn't just about Slash, but Azoff and others from the record company being there, people he would be performing in front of. And when he said he went to the fans, he really meant he was reading some of the message boards and got the reasons to go, but also the reasons not to.

Whether he wants it or not, he's inducted. He respectfully declined, and didn't do it as an act of rebellion against the Rock Hall, but wanted to make it clear it wasn't the time or the place to be in the same room with all of them. What he said in '08 about the Rock Hall to Del and here still applied. Glad he gave it some real thought, but like I said, had he announced it at the shows, it would've had protesters showing up, bad enough with the autograph collectors and their pickguards in his face.

I do think Slash and Axl will work things out to the point they can be in the same room without lawyers. But apart from that, enjoy the show, who knows when he'll wind up getting signed to a recording contract, or feel it's time to go back in the studio. I think re-signing with Geffen should only happen for a one record deal as long as he keeps the master rights. You're going to see record companies doing this more, now that the value of the tapes are diminishing with the sales figures.

I was wonder if anyone would give Axl studio money again. Obviously he'll never the same money to throw around as in the making of CD. maybe he has enough material to not have to do much more studio time.

I was wonder if anyone would give Axl studio money again. Obviously he'll never the same money to throw around as in the making of CD. maybe he has enough material to not have to do much more studio time.

It would make sense for him to re-sign with Geffen if he wants advance money, but I would think he'd rather have ownership and keep touring, and put that money into the recording sessions. Just with 5 private shows and licensing one song to a soundtrack would more than cover it.

It would make sense for him to re-sign with Geffen if he wants advance money, but I would think he'd rather have ownership and keep touring, and put that money into the recording sessions. Just with 5 private shows and licensing one song to a soundtrack would more than cover it.

So they are out of contract. They don't owe Geffen

2 more records or anything?

It's back to square one in a way. So they could change labels? or not release anything. It's a clean slate.

What I actually see is a guy saying that you're very angry because the posts about old GNR are still around here, though this is not the impression I got by reading your post. He probably didn't understand what you said - maybe english isn't his first language? I don't know, but english ain't my first language and I still got your point. And yes, I agree with the original point of your thread.

LET THE MODS DO THEIR JOB AND DO NOT CREATE THREADS TO CRY AND MOAN OVER NONSENSE.

That's all I say. :thumbsup: