Latest GN'R Facebook post regarding Howard Stern

GibsonLP

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Howard was talking about Axl today. The gist of it was that Axl is probably crazy but that you have to admire him for not selling out. Eddie Trunk also called into Howard's show and talked to him about Axl and Guns. It was actually pretty cool. Howard defended Axl more then he bashed him. He also said that interviewing him is on his bucket list and that Baba Booey needs to make it happen. Gary said that he is working on it but didnt sound to confident.

What was Howard's opinion on the guys that did turn up RNRHOF?

I dont think he saw or heard the performance, if he did he didnt talk about it. And he didnt really talk about the rest of the band. He and Eddie talked about Axl's beef is with Slash and that it was probably over money; publishing, royalties or something of that nature. All in all it was a really cool, I guess, 10 mins on Guns.

Edited by exnavymike

Howard really wants Axl on the show... Howard loves Axl's craziness, and said that he likes the fact that he's uncompromising. GNR's management Tweeted a thanks to Howard. Bababooey talked about going backstage to an Illusions era show and said it was exactly as you'd imagine it, and seeing all of them backstage, while everyone was waiting for hours to go on.

I don't get why the GnR Facebook would say they like it. It was a good interview and I enjoyed it but I would have thought if Axl heard it he probably wouldn't like some of the things that were said

I also don't get why they like all 16 million Facebook followers. Axl's been getting ripped to bits in all their Facebook replies for the last few days

I don't get why the GnR Facebook would say they like it. It was a good interview and I enjoyed it but I would have thought if Axl heard it he probably wouldn't like some of the things that were said

I also don't get why they like all 16 million Facebook followers. Axl's been getting ripped to bits in all their Facebook replies for the last few days

perhaps it's sarcasm.

And this Eddie Trunk guy I don't think he has any more answers on the situation than we do. He thinks it's all about money???

Duh. Slash wanted to be part of a band, Axl wanted to be the CEO of a company. The book Watch You Bleed gives a really interesting perspective.

Only in the world of being an Axl fan are people glad when their favorite singer doesn't perform live.

Only in this forum is doing things for your fans considered selling out.

Axl's got tons of integrity and doesn't sell out......and the fans are the ones who lose.

Only in the world of being an Axl fan are people glad when their favorite singer doesn't perform live.

Axl's got tons of integrity and doesn't sell out......and the fans are the ones who lose.

couldn't agree more.

Oh God! Another set of distortions. :sleeper:

Axl DOES perform live- remember the tour that you cant wait to be over? If people want to watch him live, they can just check out a whole tour-full of that.

Axl answered countless fan questions on this very forum, does a strong 3 hour show, meets fans here and there and signs autographs etc. Nobody considers that "selling out"? Why is the only way to please fans to attend an award show?

I'm a fan and I didnt lose anything by his not attending the RRHOF. The prospect of him standing awkwardly with people who have badmouthed his band-members and reduced his reason for not going to a single-point agenda ("he hates me") - why was that so glorious that people feel deeply scarred not to have seen it? If I want to see Axl with the old guys, I can watch videos from the past when they were actually happy together.