2012.05.11 - Stadium Live, Moscow, Russia - First post updates!

I really hope we get something new on this tour. Either a old Illusions song, Oh My God, or a brand new song.

I would love for the band to change up the set-list. I'm not saying take out the classics, but add a few different songs in there every now and then. Songs like Nice Boys, OTGM, Think About You, IRS, Scraped, ITW, TWAT, CITR, maybe a old Illusions song like Dead Horse or Perfect Crime. Something different.

But, than again this is the first show band on tour, so maybe they are just warming up. If there's nothing new at Dublin than I don't think they'll be anything new.

Edited by GNR123GNR456

• Replies 879
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im sure if we were there we wouldn't have whinged about the setlist. To us tonights show is a list of songs, to the people there it's an experience they won't forget for a long time. I agree tonights show seemed a little basic, almost like a template, but I think the first shows of the tour tend to be, It was when I saw the opening euro tour in norway 2 years ago, but without estranged, pretty much the same setlist. Then it flourished out to nearly an hour of more songs as the tour progressed. :)

You wonder why we should support the band? Because it is a great band with fantastic musicians that delivered a good record in 2008 and that plays great live shows all around the world, and that will probably release more music in the future, especially if they perceive they have fans interested in their music.

"probably release more music in the future"

There shouldn't be a question here. The rest of the band wants to record new material and Axl keeps preventing that from happening for reasons only he knows.

I didn't realize you were real close to the band to find out that it's all Axl's fault, like everything else is. It's fucking pathetic how Axl is blamed for everything. Sure he could do a bunch of different things to make his fans happy, but all the hate towards him and the current line-up is so pathetic. The real highlight of that was when I was reading comments on Axl's letter to the RRHOF on Facebook, where so many people slated the absolute shit out of Axl for not attending a money-grabbing organization's money-controlled event. I even remember people wishing Axl to die, just because he declined the invitation. What the actual fuck? If you don't like him, if you prefer Slash, if you prefer the old line-up, then go find those things and other things that you do enjoy and leave those who do enjoy what Guns N' Roses are now to enjoy it.

If Axl honestly wanted to put out a new album before the end of the year, he could make it happen.

Will he put in that effort? History says no.

And if the fans who liked both the new and old lineups left this forum, there wouldn't be many fans left at all.

If Axl manned up and did a reunion tour, he could be the king of rock again. Instead, he's doing cash-grab tours off of old material as his performances get sadder and sadder.

He's no better than Eddie Money.

There is a lot to complain because it's still the same core setlist as 10 years ago. Axl proved again how he has moved forward. NOT

This is just so unbelievably stupid it's hard to comprehend. We are talking about Guns N' Roses here. A band with a fantastic back catalogue. That core setlist will always be the band's core setlist. Not because the band doesn't "move forward", but because the audiences demand to hear the loved classics. If Axl and the band were to stop playing the old classic and just play new stuff, they might as well just change the bad name altogether. They are Guns N' Roses. They will always play the classic on live shows. It is what the audience wants. You can't criticise them for giving the audience what the audience wants. Well, you can, but then you are a moron.

1 album, that's all they have. Realy fantastic back catalogue.

So now you are trying to twist it into being a complaint about lack of productivity and not a complaint about the band catering to the fans by playing 2-3 hours long sets filled with classic songs, new songs, solos and jams?

Just read what you have written and than tell me what Ron, DJ, Frank, Richard, Tommy and Chris have to do with the classic albums and how these albums can be a part of their back catalogue.

Heh. The band has a back catalogue, not the individual band members. Or are you seriously going to claim that because the band has changed lineup then old songs are off-limit ad not part of the bands back catalogue anymore and should not be part of the core set? Haha :)

I don't have a problem with them playing a couple of classic G N' R songs but imo it's about time they take a couple of steps forward and start to work on their own catalogue so that we finally can hear what this band is up to.

Thank you, I knew we would find something to agree on :). I also wish they'd focus on making the future, rather than tour the past. But this doesn't make tonight's show bad. It was still a (presumably) great show and we can't really complain about the show itself -- only what it may signal for the future, right? I am not too worried about that, though, there's been so many indications that the band is working on a new record that I won't let the fact that they aren't willing to debut new material on the first show of this tour let me down. I believe we will hear new music before 2015 ;)

I have seen this incarnation of the band several times in the past years (2002, 2006, 2010) and altough they play a couple of shows near where i live this summer i'm not gonna visit any show because i'm damn tired to hear the same set over and over again. And all this "new album" talking is imo pure bollocks. If they have some new songs recorded than why can't they give us a 1 minute preview of a song?

If Axl manned up and did a reunion tour, he could be the king of rock again. Instead, he's doing cash-grab tours off of old material as his performances get sadder and sadder.

If his performances get sadder and sadder how can he be the king of rock? Because you want slash onstage and that will brighten the world?

He already manned up with a very well expressed letter and didn't do what a ton of brats were demanding he do and instead did what's best for his band and peace of mind here in 2012.

Wouldn't a reunion with people he has personal and artistic chasms between be much more of a cash grab anyway... :rolleyes:

Guest gunns5

People are pissed no cd (shacklers/twat/etc) or new song was played, and then want a reunion ? Lol

Edited by gunns5

A bit disapppointed myself at the lack of changes, but there's still plenty of shows to look forward to and opportunities for change and/or new material nonetheless. It's kind of sad, though, to see the people who constantly assert "nothing new to see here" and other negativity will still log in every half hour to check in to this thread and post again...if you're so above it all and have no hope nor expectation of the band satisfying you, why bother? Stop wasting your time.

Edited by Flayer

A bit disapppointed myself at the lack of changes, but there's still plenty of shows to look forward to and opportunities for change and/or new material nonetheless. It's kind of sad, though, to see the people who constantly assert "nothing new to see here" and other negativity will still log in every half hour to check in to this thread and post again...if you're so above it all and have no hope nor expectation of the band satisfying you, why bother? Stop wasting your time.

Some people are born optimists and some people are born pessimists. Neither is wrong. The only wrong is not tolerating one another.

To people always happy with setlist and angry at "whiners", remember that there would probably be no Estranged in the set today without chasing & actions from the fans...

Q: -I'm glad you dusted off Don't Cry in 2007. Anything else (aside Perfect Crime which was on the setlist) that may be brought back from the dead in the future?

A: I’d like to do Estranged at some point but there’s no plans. I know the guys pick a couple every so often on their own to get down but I don’t know what those are.

People are pissed no cd (shacklers/twat/etc) or new song was played, and then want a reunion ? Lol

Of course. If you're going to play so many classics, it would be nice to see it done by the guys who actually created them.

I'm fine with no CD songs as I don't like most of them anyway. I'm looking forward to a new song. A new good song would be cool.

Some people are born optimists and some people are born pessimists. Neither is wrong. The only wrong is not tolerating one another.

Not true. You have the right to post your opinions here; other people also have the right to challenge them.

Of course. If you're going to play so many classics, it would be nice to see it done by the guys who actually created them.

I'm fine with no CD songs as I don't like most of them anyway. I'm looking forward to a new song. A new good song would be cool.

Have you been to a GNR show this side of the millennium?

Have you been to a GNR show this side of the millennium?

Way too many. If they come back to the US again with nothing new, I wouldn't bother again.