2012.05.11 - Stadium Live, Moscow, Russia - First post updates!

Guest gunns5

Maybe Axl wanted to get a few shows done to get the nerves out before playing a brand new song

Doesn't make sense that not many CD songs were played though

• Replies 879
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe Axl wanted to get a few shows done to get the nerves out before playing a brand new song

Doesn't make sense that not many CD songs were played though

Yeah, only 6 were played... I don't expect these shows to be as long as the UCAP shows so it seemed pretty tight. Not to mention that the show stated on time!

Guest gunns5

Randy brang up a good point before about concerts outside of north America and japan, don't really contain many surprises or variations, but then again Axl may throw us a curve ball

Funny. Both sides are a little extreme.

Some come here just to bash Axl, no matter what he does.

While others praise Axl, no matter what he does. People who did NOT attend the show are saying how "great" it was.....without being there or hearing any reviews!

Everybody should just relax and have a civilized discussion.

Sucks that no new songs were played.

Looks like the gig went off on time, had no big rants, and nobody walked off the stage. Good deal.

Now let's wait and hear from people who actually attended the show before saying if it was a great show or if it sucked.

Personally, I come here to praise Axl but lately there is simply nothing to praise. Normally I hate the setlist whining, especially on a daily basis, but at the start of a new tour leg, we are all excited to see what's new.

Except for Axl, who obviously doesn't give a fuck about moving forward. I'm sure it was a great show but the missing songs are disturbing, not to even get onto the subject of new songs.

Disappointing.

A bit disapppointed myself at the lack of changes, but there's still plenty of shows to look forward to and opportunities for change and/or new material nonetheless. It's kind of sad, though, to see the people who constantly assert "nothing new to see here" and other negativity will still log in every half hour to check in to this thread and post again...if you're so above it all and have no hope nor expectation of the band satisfying you, why bother? Stop wasting your time.

Some people are born optimists and some people are born pessimists. Neither is wrong. The only wrong is not tolerating one another.

Not true. You have the right to post your opinions here; other people also have the right to challenge them.

You have the right to discuss the opinions, but to basically say that they're wrong for posting in the thread is not your right. It is not up to you to tell people what they can or can't post.

Funny. Both sides are a little extreme.

Some come here just to bash Axl, no matter what he does.

While others praise Axl, no matter what he does. People who did NOT attend the show are saying how "great" it was.....without being there or hearing any reviews!

Everybody should just relax and have a civilized discussion.

Sucks that no new songs were played.

Looks like the gig went off on time, had no big rants, and nobody walked off the stage. Good deal.

Now let's wait and hear from people who actually attended the show before saying if it was a great show or if it sucked.

Personally, I come here to praise Axl but lately there is simply nothing to praise. Normally I hate the setlist whining, especially on a daily basis, but at the start of a new tour leg, we are all excited to see what's new.

Except for Axl, who obviously doesn't give a fuck about moving forward. I'm sure it was a great show but the missing songs are disturbing, not to even get onto the subject of new songs.

Disappointing.

Other bands only play for 1.5-2 hours and usually miss lots of their hits. Can't expect a 3-hour show each night with all hits bring played each night. Not playing new song(s) is disappointing though...

A bit disapppointed myself at the lack of changes, but there's still plenty of shows to look forward to and opportunities for change and/or new material nonetheless. It's kind of sad, though, to see the people who constantly assert "nothing new to see here" and other negativity will still log in every half hour to check in to this thread and post again...if you're so above it all and have no hope nor expectation of the band satisfying you, why bother? Stop wasting your time.

Some people are born optimists and some people are born pessimists. Neither is wrong. The only wrong is not tolerating one another.

Not true. You have the right to post your opinions here; other people also have the right to challenge them.

You have the right to discuss the opinions, but to basically say that they're wrong for posting in the thread is not your right. It is not up to you to tell people what they can or can't post.

Was that what I was doing? Am I telling people specifically what not to post, or am I stating my opinion that it's a waste of time to keep checking in to post negative shit about a band they have no expectations for?

Why is it that I'd have the right to question or criticize Axl Rose for what he chooses to play in concert but not to question or criticize someone for what they choose to post on the forum? This "I am just posting my opinion" shield certain people try to hide behind when people disagree with them is absurd.

Edited by Flayer

Where is the final Setlist you mother fuckers?

Intro

Chinese Democracy

Welcome to the Jungle

It's so easy

Mr. Brownstone

Sorry

Rocket Queen

Estranged

Richard Fortus Solo

Live and let die

This I Love

Tommy solo (Motivation)

Dizzy solo

Street of Dreams

You could be mine

DJ Ashba solo

Sweet child o' mine

Jam, Axl Piano Intro/Another brick in the wall

November rain

Bumblefoot solo

Don't cry

Better

Knockin' on heaven's door

Nightrain

Band Jam

Madagascar

Band Jam

Paradise City

No... unfortunately nothing's missing... <_<

If you don't like him, if you prefer Slash, if you prefer the old line-up, then go find those things and other things that you do enjoy and leave those who do enjoy what Guns N' Roses are now to enjoy it.

This has been said a gazillion times on this forum. Preaching this to the haters is like hacking away at the zombies in those Evil Dead or Mila Jovovich movies. Do what you will, they'll keep on coming. So, sit back, grab a drink, savor the lunacy and enjoy the ride :)

Edited by The Archer

I guess they forgot to play a few songs.

Yeah... I'm hoping this is a one-time thing 'cause in the last two tours, the first setlist was shit too. If not, oh boy...

Now instead of worrying about new songs we have to keep an eye of they are going to play Shackler's Revenge, Civil War and You're Crazy. I don't feel bad for the Russkies though, they are use to hard times.

Was that what I was doing? Am I telling people specifically what not to post, or am I stating my opinion that it's a waste of time to keep checking in to post negative shit about a band they have no expectations for?

Yes, you are.

Obviously, the people complaining care. And that's why they keep checking. They want to be proven wrong. Try as they might, they still want to see their favorite band progress.

Most of the people here aren't even disappointed about lack of new material. They're [rightfully] disappointed with the lack of old material, with this regression GN'R made tonight.

Why is it that I'd have the right to question or criticize Axl Rose for what he chooses to play in concert

Because this is a discussion thread about Axl's setlist.

but not to question or criticize someone for what they choose to post on the forum? This "I am just posting my opinion" shield certain people try to hide behind when people disagree with them is absurd.

You can disagree with the opinion, but that doesn't mean the opinion has no place here.

I hope I cleared up my position. :)

I guess they forgot to play a few songs.

Yeah... I'm hoping this is a one-time thing 'cause in the last two tours, the first setlist was shit too. If not, oh boy...

Now instead of worrying about new songs we have to keep an eye of they are going to play Shackler's Revenge, Civil War and You're Crazy. I don't feel bad for the Russkies though, they are use to hard times.

I bet they had a great time, no doubts. I mean... I thought Rock in Rio '11, the most frowned upon concert in GnR history, was great until I saw the live broadcast the next day! I had a blast in the rain, with mickey mouse, bumbletrooper, DJ Tripba, and a reduced setlist. I bet they LOVED the concert. However, Axl needs to worry about us hardcore fans too. I really hope this is a one-timer, I love this band :)

At least the ACDC covers have been dropped, finally. That's a positive right?

dry.gif No.

Axl loves Acca Dacca. The band loves Acca Dacca. The crowds love Acca Dacca. Most people love Acca Dacca

Whole Lotta Rosie was one of the best moments of my Rio 2010 GnR experience :thumbsup:

Wow this setlist is stale.

Not sure how the band can get out there and repeat the same songs written by someone else over and over and over and.....................OVER.

Wow this whining is stale.

Not sure how you get out here and repeat the same bitching about a band you don't care about over and over and over and.....................OVER.