2012.05.11 - Stadium Live, Moscow, Russia - First post updates!

• Replies 879
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whole Lotta Rosie was one of the best moments of my Rio 2010 GnR experience :thumbsup:

thumbsup.gif Good for you bro.

Axl singing it is the best next thing after Bon Scott doing so. To be hearing him do it is one of my life's big to-dos.

Edited by The Archer

At least the ACDC covers have been dropped, finally. That's a positive right?

dry.gif No.

Axl loves Acca Dacca. The band loves Acca Dacca. The crowds love Acca Dacca. Most people love Acca Dacca

It's annoying to see Whole Lotta Rosie on a GN'R setlist, but I gotta admit, it really is cool live. Axl in particular sounds amazing on it.

Whole Lotta Rosie was one of the best moments of my Rio 2010 GnR experience :thumbsup:

thumbsup.gif Good for you bro.

Axl singing it is the best next thing after Bon Scott doing so. Hearing him do it is one of my life's big to-dos.

Axl rocks the hell out of that song. He's literally having the time of his life while playing that and you end up joining him and the band! I always loved AC/DC, and before that Rio show, if I'm not mistaken it had been a while since they played it... maybe the last time before that was even Tokyo or Osaka, I don't remember but I do remember I wasn't expecting it... then when that riff came right in the first song of the encore and Axl came to the center of the stage with that cool voice he does "Gonna tell you a story", I freaked out. Gosh... that concert made all other concerts in my life look so dull :tongue2: The next day or week, if I'm not mistaken, I joined MyGnR. :thumbsup:

Edited by It Don't Really Matter

If Axl manned up and did a reunion tour, he could be the king of rock again. Instead, he's doing cash-grab tours off of old material as his performances get sadder and sadder.

A reunion tour would be the biggest cash-grab tour of all time and would probably descend into a live brawl fest. Axl doesn't need to 'man up' to do it.

Edited by The Archer

Pretty similar setlist to when they last played Moscow 20 years ago. Its getting a bit ridiculous, doesn't help their creditbility with the average fan one bit or a bit of seperation from old GNR which I thought is what Axl would have wanted.

Edited by EhEh

Pretty similar setlist to when they last played Moscow 20 years ago. Its getting a bit ridiculous, doesn't help their creditbility with the average fan one bit or a bit of seperation from old GNR which I thought is what Axl would have wanted.

a third of the set + new solo songs (motivation, etc) count as being similar to 20 years ago? :unsure:

dry.gif No.

Axl loves Acca Dacca. The band loves Acca Dacca. The crowds love Acca Dacca. Most people love Acca Dacca

It's annoying to see Whole Lotta Rosie on a GN'R setlist, but I gotta admit, it really is cool live. Axl in particular sounds amazing on it.

It isn't anymore annoying than having KOHD or LALD on a Guns setlist. Plus, if you've heard the story that when he was a young 'un and whenever that song was played in a club, Axl used to go beserk on the dance floor screaming along and kicking people out of the way you'll know why it pumps him up why he loves playing it. smile.gif

In addition, the old line-up's iconic performance of WLR on their maiden UK tour makes that song a very cool part of Guns' history. I don't mind them dropping Riff Raff or any other cover, but WLR has got to be their best cover live.

Edited by The Archer

Wasn't their first show in Russia in 2010? Or was there one 20 years ago?

dry.gif No.

It isn't anymore annoying than having KOHD or LALD on a Guns setlist. Plus, if you've heard the story that when he was a young and whenever that song was played in a club, Axl used to go beserk on the dance floor screaming along and kicking people out of the way you'll know why it pumps him up why he loves playing it. smile.gif

In addition, the old line-up's iconic performance of WLR on their maiden UK tour makes that song a very cool part of Guns' history. I don't mind them dropping Riff Raff or any other cover, but WLR has got to be their best cover live.

KOHD and LALD on a Guns setlist is just as annoying.

Like I said, it's just annoying to see covers, but it's fun to see Axl go ballistic on WLR. I'd rather this song be kept than the other two, but then again, I'd rather all three get dropped.

53 pages?? are u kidding me?)

by the way, show was awesome. only one minus is that they were late on e hours.

the sound was good and Axl was in a vrry good mood!

Now I am looking forward for the next Moscow show!

Was Axl raspy?

Glad you had a great time! I may bitch about the setlist, but when you're there, you really don't care.

Guest gunns5

53 pages?? are u kidding me?)

by the way, show was awesome. only one minus is that they were late on e hours.

the sound was good and Axl was in a vrry good mood!

Now I am looking forward for the next Moscow show!

did you manage to get any video?