2012.05.11 - Stadium Live, Moscow, Russia - First post updates!

Meh...so much for "something you haven't had before".

Perhaps that was directed at the Russian audience who were in fact treated to songs they haven't heard before (in concert)?

On a side-note: It is really fascinating to follow the GN'R fans, you are such a lovingly emotional lot. Being on a forum is like being tossed into a sea of relentless rolling waves of emotions. One day you are all giddy and almost euphoric when something great is happening, like vague hints of new music on the horizon, whereas the next day you are completely miserable when something disappointing takes place. You don't just wear your heart on your sleeves, you scream out your feelings from the top of your lungs. It's hard to be a realistic optimist here because I get sucked down under in all the unrealistic optimism from fans with exaggerated expectations, and when I've finally come back to surface and I hope for some calm weather, I enter a maelstrom of negativity when all these inflated expectations burst and the whole forum is drowned in a current of negativity and bitterness. It's impossible not to feel affectionate towards you all.

Here's the deal: Yes, there will probably be new music released in a few years, but no, you can't expect to hear new music this year. Enjoy the tour and the shows! :)

Perhaps. But one thing that defenders were adamant about the US tour and lack of new songs was that that was the first time they hit that market since Chidem came out, so it was excusable that no new material was presented. This is different. It is now the second time they are touring Europe post-Chidem and still the same old setlist. I'm flexible, it's only the first show and was to a limited amount of people, that's fine and Axl sounds good. However if things do not change in the next month or two, expect alot more whining around here.

I always expect a lot of whining here, and it is, as I wrote about above, kinda cute.

The only justification the band need for touring is that the audience is happy. Some fans here may be put off by no brand new songs being played, and might even decide to not attend a coming show because of this, but I don't think that matters much to the band as long as they can still draw crowds sufficient to make the touring financially viable.

• Replies 879
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why they perform the slow dreary Sorry remains a mystery. If your going to do a 2hr show, atleast play the best songs.

Still bitching? Most of the bands play only 90 mins. GN'R plays 3 hours / 2,5 hours. How can you bitch about that?

Edited by bumblecool

Meh...so much for "something you haven't had before".

Perhaps that was directed at the Russian audience who were in fact treated to songs they haven't heard before (in concert)?

On a side-note: It is really fascinating to follow the GN'R fans, you are such a lovingly emotional lot. Being on a forum is like being tossed into a sea of relentless rolling waves of emotions. One day you are all giddy and almost euphoric when something great is happening, like vague hints of new music on the horizon, whereas the next day you are completely miserable when something disappointing takes place. You don't just wear your heart on your sleeves, you scream out your feelings from the top of your lungs. It's hard to be a realistic optimist here because I get sucked down under in all the unrealistic optimism from fans with exaggerated expectations, and when I've finally come back to surface and I hope for some calm weather, I enter a maelstrom of negativity when all these inflated expectations burst and the whole forum is drowned in a current of negativity and bitterness. It's impossible not to feel affectionate towards you all.

Here's the deal: Yes, there will probably be new music released in a few years, but no, you can't expect to hear new music this year. Enjoy the tour and the shows! :)

Perhaps. But one thing that defenders were adamant about the US tour and lack of new songs was that that was the first time they hit that market since Chidem came out, so it was excusable that no new material was presented. This is different. It is now the second time they are touring Europe post-Chidem and still the same old setlist. I'm flexible, it's only the first show and was to a limited amount of people, that's fine and Axl sounds good. However if things do not change in the next month or two, expect alot more whining around here.

I always expect a lot of whining here, and it is, as I wrote about above, kinda cute.

The only justification the band need for touring is that the audience is happy. Some fans here may be put off by no brand new songs being played, and might even decide to not attend a coming show because of this, but I don't think that matters much to the band as long as they can still draw crowds sufficient to make the touring financially viable.

I think the disappointment from the lack of new songs comes from a sincere place though. You have said it before, which fan wouldn't want new music from a band they love? A band they have supported where almost everyone(media, old fans, other bands and talk show hosts) either left or continuously ridicule? If the band(mainly Axl really) do not care about that and only about the financial return that the tours provide, then that is sad.

I think the disappointment from the lack of new songs comes from a sincere place though. You have said it before, which fan wouldn't want new music from a band they love? A band they have supported where almost everyone(media, old fans, other bands and talk show hosts) either left or continuously ridicule? If the band(mainly Axl really) do not care about that and only about the financial return that the tours provide, then that is sad.

Yeah, the disappointment is real but it was based on expectations they were not grounded in reality. Never expect GN'R to behave like a normal band. NEVER.

This is of course not in disagreement with wanting to hear new music, we all do that and we all agree on this :)

I completely agree with you that the band should take care of their loyal fan base, it is just the right and sensible thing to do. But that doesn't mean they have to début new songs only 3-4 years after the last record, or at the first show in a tour. Many people, myself among them, would say that touring the world and letting the fans indulge in 3 hour shows with music spanning the last 25 years, before working on a new record, IS a way of taking care of the fan base. I am not at all saying that GN'R is a fan friendly band, they aren't. There are many things they could do which would be nice to us, like Axl doing more interviews, releasing old unreleased music, playing more new music live, etcetera. Basically, adopting Bumbles fan philosophy. But sadly, that will probably never happen.

Dj Ash doesn't even attempt to sound like Robin, and appears to have come up with his own solo.

Maybe cause thats exactly what he is doing? he even explained it many times in several interviews :shrugs:

I like the way he changed it...

Dj Ash doesn't even attempt to sound like Robin, and appears to have come up with his own solo.

Maybe cause thats exactly what he is doing? he even explained it many times in several interviews :shrugs:

I like the way he changed it...

I didn't care for TIL until I heard it live in 2010. I love DJs version!

Any fan reviews yet?

Edited by Coma16

what is jarmo's job with the band ? and how did he get to do it?

His job title is Axls Bitch and it simply requires him to delete and ban, for this he gets access.

Perhaps. But it's funny how Axl posted here but not there lol

:wub:

He sounds great!

And to everyone who says that the audience always grows quiet when they play CD material, well this is proof that you're wrong. You can hear them singing along in this video ;)

Shhh ph34r.gif, that's going to upset a lot of very sensitive people here.

I have a lot of warm feelings for the Russian gunner fans right now.

I completely agree with you that the band should take care of their loyal fan base, it is just the right and sensible thing to do. But that doesn't mean they have to début new songs only 3-4 years after the last record, or at the first show in a tour. Many people, myself among them, would say that touring the world and letting the fans indulge in 3 hour shows with music spanning the last 25 years, before working on a new record, IS a way of taking care of the fan base. I am not at all saying that GN'R is a fan friendly band, they aren't. There are many things they could do which would be nice to us, like Axl doing more interviews, releasing old unreleased music, playing more new music live, etcetera. Basically, adopting Bumbles fan philosophy. But sadly, that will probably never happen.

Good post there

Axl sounds great, hopefully taking care of his voice!

Has anybody mentioned Axl's new jeans? I remember somebody once saying there was a correlation between Axl's jeans and his voice. He had ripped jeans in 2010 and now he's wearing ripped ones again. Hmmmm.... ;)

P.S. Hopefully nobody takes this post too seriously, as it seems that's what a lot of the naysayers of the current line-up do.

Great review! I know a little Russian. It says......" The thousands of people that were here live loved it"! The news reporter and the fans on the video commented about little winers on mygnrforum.... It s sad , that they bitch about the setlist. We are here and have no complaints. I am coming here tomorrow night, and if they play the same setlist, so be it. I paid for my ticket, and you sit home...fuck off!!!

Edited by batman007