2012.05.11 - Stadium Live, Moscow, Russia - First post updates!

"Don't Cry" sounds pretty damn good,too. Ya know, I really don't understand these comparisons from 2010 (being so favorable), to 2011/2012. I was at the LA Forum show, The Joint on NYE and most recently at The Wiltern - Every single fucking time, Axl/ the band sounded top notch. I'd even say The Wiltern show was even better than the 2'nd night at The Hammerstein.

• Replies 879
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A bit disapppointed myself at the lack of changes, but there's still plenty of shows to look forward to and opportunities for change and/or new material nonetheless. It's kind of sad, though, to see the people who constantly assert "nothing new to see here" and other negativity will still log in every half hour to check in to this thread and post again...if you're so above it all and have no hope nor expectation of the band satisfying you, why bother? Stop wasting your time.

Some people are born optimists and some people are born pessimists. Neither is wrong. The only wrong is not tolerating one another.

Excellent point.

I wish people would be more tolerant of other people's opinions, even if they disagree with them. Attack the post, not the poster. Unfortunately, most people don't do that.

A bit disapppointed myself at the lack of changes, but there's still plenty of shows to look forward to and opportunities for change and/or new material nonetheless. It's kind of sad, though, to see the people who constantly assert "nothing new to see here" and other negativity will still log in every half hour to check in to this thread and post again...if you're so above it all and have no hope nor expectation of the band satisfying you, why bother? Stop wasting your time.

Some people are born optimists and some people are born pessimists. Neither is wrong. The only wrong is not tolerating one another.

Excellent point.

I wish people would be more tolerant of other people's opinions, even if they disagree with them. Attack the post, not the poster. Unfortunately, most people don't do that.

Well said both of you, no need to get into personal nastiness over things when disagreeing. Looks like we can expect the same songs they've been doing all along with maybe some surprises along the way but as was pointed out before, the people attending the concert don't care as they're too busy having fun. For us who can't attend as they're not in our part of the world it's just good to know they are once again on the move & we get photos, videos & updates to keep us going for quite a while now. rock1

I think that "soon" may be the word for some shake up to the setlist.

They are building something not just mindless touring... In my opinion of course :)

"I've got a funny feeling"

I really hope your right.

It is just a feeling I am sharing, I hope people don't hold me or Guns to the feeling I got lately, just thought I would share what I am feeling.

I hope I am right too! :thumbsup:

Typical set list, but I wasn't expecting it to be much different. I remember the first show of 2009 (Taipei I think) had a relatively weak set list and then suddenly two shows later they're playing for three or more hours. Hopefully we'll see some changes soon, but for now, it works. The most important thing is Axl sounds good. This is definitely one of his stronger starts to a tour in recent years. Street of Dreams sounds great.

He doesn't sound bad, much better than the whole 2011 tour. That said, I think he CAN'T sing "You Could Be Mine" anymore. :(

That's the one he said he has the hardest time with live nowadays. I think it was on the Eddie Trunk interview where he said it.

I wouldn't necessarily drop it, but it would perhaps be wise for the guys to play it in D tuning instead of the usual Eb tuning to make it a bit easier on his voice. Lots of older bands tune down so I don't see anything wrong with it if it'll help the show overall. The amazing thing is he can still hit some impressive highs in many other songs so it's funny he struggle so much with You Could Be Mine. I get the middle section where he's rambling out those words, but the opening verses don't have a whole lot going on vocally.

He doesn't sound bad, much better than the whole 2011 tour. That said, I think he CAN'T sing "You Could Be Mine" anymore. :(

That's the one he said he has the hardest time with live nowadays. I think it was on the Eddie Trunk interview where he said it.

I wouldn't necessarily drop it, but it would perhaps be wise for the guys to play it in D tuning instead of the usual Eb tuning to make it a bit easier on his voice. Lots of older bands tune down so I don't see anything wrong with it if it'll help the show overall. The amazing thing is he can still hit some impressive highs in many other songs so it's funny he struggle so much with You Could Be Mine. I get the middle section where he's rambling out those words, but the opening verses don't have a whole lot going on vocally.

if they did it down, it'd be even harder i bet, its right in that tricky midrange that he's had some trouble with lately. maybe up a half step might even work better for him, get it out of the midrange a lil

Judging by the Streett of Dreams solo, it looks like DJ practiced during the down time. It actually sounded good. Props to him for almost getting Robin's solo down. I was pleased to hear.

I look forward to hearing his Better now. Hopefully it's just that.

Edited by DaneisKing1389

Street of Dreams / The Blues performance. Dj Ash has improved. BF looks like a priest with a guitar :D

Axl don't move around much, although he does sound better for it.

I always compare this song with the original time they performed in Rio. Still the Rio performance has never been bettered, it sounded so much more alive.

Edited by vaida

It wasn't that bad and he'll just get better. After Rio, it's evident that he improves hugely, when he puts his mind to it.

if they did it down, it'd be even harder i bet, its right in that tricky midrange that he's had some trouble with lately. maybe up a half step might even work better for him, get it out of the midrange a lil

I might be wrong here, but didn't he already say something like this in the old days? I think I remember an interview in which he said that YCBM was by far the hardest song live and that he thought something like "Whatr was I thinking when I wrote this? This is gonna kill me live."