2012.05.11 - Stadium Live, Moscow, Russia - First post updates!

It's funny. All you people sitting here complaining about a setlist to a show you did not attend. You just bring this thread down. What's worse is you come into the General Discussion section and just spread negativity over the new band. I'm sick of it. It almost makes me not want to post here.

Calm the shit down and let people voice their opinions.

I for one think the band is wasting their time and potential by playing basically the same songs each night, please don't take offense if I'm going to say that.

The fact is people were sitting here bashing the setlist halfway through. Moscow loved it. I loved it. Stop being cupcakes and find another section to bash Guns in. Like the Original lineup section.

• Replies 879
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another succes for the worlds biggest karaoke band?

How has this guy got over 6000 posts without being banned for numb-minded, idiotic hating comments?

Maybe he really enjoys following bands that he doesn't like shrugs.gif

That most indicate a mindboggling sad life :(

:rolleyes:

Right. :rofl-lol:

How has this guy got over 6000 posts without being banned for numb-minded, idiotic hating comments?

:rolleyes:

Right. :rofl-lol:

What other boards for "karaoke bands" do you spend your precious time on?

Funny. Both sides are a little extreme.

Some come here just to bash Axl, no matter what he does.

While others praise Axl, no matter what he does. People who did NOT attend the show are saying how "great" it was.....without being there or hearing any reviews!

Everybody should just relax and have a civilized discussion.

Sucks that no new songs were played.

Looks like the gig went off on time, had no big rants, and nobody walked off the stage. Good deal.

Now let's wait and hear from people who actually attended the show before saying if it was a great show or if it sucked.

Its not a bad setlist, but it is a very little stale ad not having Civil War playing is a shocker...then again it wasn't played on the first show of the UCAP tour either from what I remember.

A bit uninspiring I suppose is the way I'd describe it.

Shame that the setlist has actually regressed compared to the variations just a couple of months ago

Twenty songs plus solos and jams are still impressive and a helluva value for money. On average they've played 24,5 songs per show this year (not counting in today's show). That is amazing. I am sure they will play longer shows as the European tour progresses. Nothing to complain about at all. It is still more than what most band deliver. A LOT more. People are so negative...

It's funny. All you people sitting here complaining about a setlist to a show you did not attend. You just bring this thread down. What's worse is you come into the General Discussion section and just spread negativity over the new band. I'm sick of it. It almost makes me not want to post here.

Calm the shit down and let people voice their opinions.

I for one think the band is wasting their time and potential by playing basically the same songs each night, please don't take offense if I'm going to say that.

The fact is people were sitting here bashing the setlist halfway through. Moscow loved it. I loved it. Stop being cupcakes and find another section to bash Guns in. Like the Original lineup section.

:violin: How about you stop assuming people dissatisfied with the setlist are cupcakes... As hard as it can be to believe, some people genuinely don't like the fact they're playing (almost) the same set for years in row now. :shrugs:

BTW I'm more of a fan of NuGuns than the original lineup, don't have much interest for the Original lineup section, plus this thread is for discussing this show, including the setlist. No such thread in other areas of the forum

There is a lot to complain because it's still the same core setlist as 10 years ago. Axl proved again how he has moved forward. NOT

This is just so unbelievably stupid it's hard to comprehend. We are talking about Guns N' Roses here. A band with a fantastic back catalogue. That core setlist will always be the band's core setlist. Not because the band doesn't "move forward", but because the audiences demand to hear the loved classics. If Axl and the band were to stop playing the old classic and just play new stuff, they might as well just change the bad name altogether. They are Guns N' Roses. They will always play the classic on live shows. It is what the audience wants. You can't criticise them for giving the audience what the audience wants. Well, you can, but then you are a moron.

1 album, that's all they have. Realy fantastic back catalogue.

Funny. Both sides are a little extreme.

Some come here just to bash Axl, no matter what he does.

While others praise Axl, no matter what he does. People who did NOT attend the show are saying how "great" it was.....without being there or hearing any reviews!

Everybody should just relax and have a civilized discussion.

Sucks that no new songs were played.

Looks like the gig went off on time, had no big rants, and nobody walked off the stage. Good deal.

Now let's wait and hear from people who actually attended the show before saying if it was a great show or if it sucked.

I'm basing my reaction half on what Moscow feels. If they enjoyed it that's all that matters. So yea, if it was great to them, it was great to me. To be honest, the setlist is pretty damn good. Twenty songs plus solos.

Edited by iftheworld

They will always play the classic on live shows. It is what the audience wants. You can't criticise them for giving the audience what the audience wants. Well, you can, but then you are a moron.

So basically fans of the current lineup should shut up because the audience mostly wants to hear music written by the previous lineups.

Fair enough.

What reason is there to support the current lineup then other than sheer loyalty for its members ?

People bitch about the setlist because they take it as an indicator that New GNR won't be doing anything new or interesting for a long time.

One thing I've always been curious about is why they get less songs in the setlist everywhere outside of North America, with the exception of Japan.

There is a lot to complain because it's still the same core setlist as 10 years ago. Axl proved again how he has moved forward. NOT

This is just so unbelievably stupid it's hard to comprehend. We are talking about Guns N' Roses here. A band with a fantastic back catalogue. That core setlist will always be the band's core setlist. Not because the band doesn't "move forward", but because the audiences demand to hear the loved classics. If Axl and the band were to stop playing the old classic and just play new stuff, they might as well just change the bad name altogether. They are Guns N' Roses. They will always play the classic on live shows. It is what the audience wants. You can't criticise them for giving the audience what the audience wants. Well, you can, but then you are a moron.

1 album, that's all they have. Realy fantastic back catalogue.

So now you are trying to twist it into being a complaint about lack of productivity and not a complaint about the band catering to the fans by playing 2-3 hours long sets filled with classic songs, new songs, solos and jams?

People bitch about the setlist because they take it as an indicator that New GNR won't be doing anything new or interesting for a long time.

One thing I've always been curious about is why they get less songs in the setlist everywhere outside of North America, with the exception of Japan.

They have to work harder, in the States at least, for people to even want to show up.

Edited by Patience 4 Axl

So now you are trying to twist it into being a complaint about lack of productivity and not a complaint about the band catering to the fans by playing 2-3 hours long sets filled with classic songs, new songs, solos and jams?

They're not "new songs" any more though. Solos and jams are pretty much for Axl to rest his voice.

So many of those heresad.gif

I loved it.

Then that's all you should care about. Why let anything else bug you?

It's gotten really bad since the RARHOF, and this thread has become a flame war so I'm out. Sorry to all I have offended.

I agree that the Axl hate since Axl's letter to the RNRHOF has really gotten out of hand, but some Axl fans are overcompensating so hard, it makes this forum really unpleasant.

No one's bashing the band by getting annoyed with the lack of Patience, Civil War, You're Crazy, Used to Love Her, and Shackler's. The people losing their shit over this are just upset because they don't like to see their favorite band regress.

They will always play the classic on live shows. It is what the audience wants. You can't criticise them for giving the audience what the audience wants. Well, you can, but then you are a moron.

So basically fans of the current lineup should shut up because the audience mostly wants to hear music written by the previous lineups.

Fair enough.

What reason is there to support the current lineup then other than sheer loyalty for its members ?

I am not saying anyone should shut up. What I am saying is that if you expect a band of GN'R's stature to disregard the fans and only play new songs on concerts and hence not stick to a core setlist of classics. then you are a moron.

You wonder why we should support the band? Because it is a great band with fantastic musicians that delivered a good record in 2008 and that plays great live shows all around the world, and that will probably release more music in the future, especially if they perceive they have fans interested in their music. What other reasons do we need for supporting a band we like?