Slash - Halo (Full Song)

ESPInlay

Not bad. Probably my least favourite of the songs so far. From the 90 second samples this was also one of my least favourite and it's panned out that way after hearing the whole song. I think it's mainly let down by the chorus. All of the other songs so far have great choruses (in my opinion!), but this has the weakest chorus of the lot.

Having said that, I really like the main riff - especially at the beginning. The solo isn't too bad either.

Already removed... They're fast.

Still works in the UK.

easily my favorite so far, still not liking myles, just cant stand his voice. but slash's riff on this is great. a"heavier"sounding vocalist on this would make this song fucking amazing.

A heavier sounding vocalist AND a better chorus would make this an amazing song. Solo and riff is great.

Chorus still isn't all that great, but overall this is a pretty cool track.

But yeah, these songs would benefit from Axl, and maybe Izzy's songwriting. But that'll never happen so I'll take what I can get.

That being said, I think Myles' voice quite suits this song.

Edited by Amir

Axl doesn't sing this kind of music.

Thank god.

:rofl-lol:

I can't stand Myles' voice singing that high. It annoys me like no other singer ever did.

So this is what we get - same people that bash GNR nowadays praise this kind of (very) generic hard rock. The solo is average at best. The chorus is cringe worthy.

So this is what we get - same people that bash GNR nowadays praise this kind of hard rock.

And why shouldn't they? with almost every former member turning their back on their hard rock roots, it's great to see at least someone keeping it heavy.

If we look at every one else's solo carreer, from Axl right on down the line, it seems like they're afraid or incapable of it...

They can do Hard Rock, we all know that. But some people evolve musically. There's no need to play only Hard Rock in order to keep things interesting. He keeps the Hard Rock edge but fails to play something original or interesting - at least to me. I'm not denying that he can write great stuff, be much more than that and VR proves us that, but I think that he's lazy nowadays. He doesn't care as much as he did, or he lacks that punk-ish stuff coming from Duff... I don't know. His stuff sounds generic, rehashed and uninspired. Be generic, be AFD pt 2, but keep things interesting. AFK wasn't inventive either. But he's not keeping things interesting. He's done much better before - and I mean less than 10 years ago. It's such a shame to hear a guy playing these average-to-good riffs (and solos) when we know that in the past he came up with amazing riffs like the ones in Coma and Locomotive.