TWAT Played in DUBLIN!!!!!!!!!!

If they had released this in 1999 this, we could have had 5 more albums by now.

This demo is killer. Love it.

Axl sounds usually much better in demos than in studio albums. Crash Diet for instance.

The thing about AFD sounding that great is that AFD is what you could call now a demo compared with the modern technology and engineering methods and stuff...

It's fresh and rough.

Distorsion, drums, axl's voice... Everything creates a much more impressive and overwhelming atmosphere being recorded with a bad microphone than with a good one.

I'll tell you something if the GN'R fanbase can be fooled by a song like Blood In The Water that only means GNR can fool the GNR fanbase with lot of stuff.

The fact of Axl singing Rihad and shit like that doesn't make it a good song.

Blood in the water doesn't define GNR fanbase hearing ability it defines GNR as a band or whatever it is songwriting capacity.

I don't thing there's a single internet-idiot in this internet-world who can create a piece of music with his computer and make the world believe that Mr. John Lennon actually wrote that and it's remained lost till someone found it.

Anyway I hope they can release some good music before we all die.

Well, to begin with, Blood in the Water is real. At least the vocals. And we didnt even heard the rest of it to be able to say anything conclusive about the song, but fuck it, seems like you already made up your mind.

Second, what makes Riad a good song to me is, by far, the guitar work and the drums. Im 100% sure that half the people who dislike the song is actually because of Axl's ultra high pitch and repetitive vocals, not otherwise.

Means that yes, I think you're not serious. Id take a bad Axl night like RIR 2011 over Miles any time.

And really, I dont think GNR fans deserves any more trolling than what we have already from either fake insiders or even band members.

Maybe I was overreacting with the Myles comment, I agree. The guy is annoying as hell.

But I meant the rest, TWAT was a great song when I first heard the '99 demo. I think the album version was overproduced.

I think it's just stupid that people get labelled as cupcakes the minute they say something bad about Axl. I have been nothing but positive about this band the past 5 years on this board and still think it's a great band.

Its ok to prefer the demo. I love IRS from that era, cant understand why they took off that awesome riff throughout the song (even tho they replaced it to a very similar riff, but played with a keyboard, which sounded weak and mudded on the mix). But my point was that I couldnt take you seriously because you trolled before. I didnt call you a cupcake because of what you said about Axl's voice. I dont think its that great nowadays too, even though I dont think 2010 was as good as people claim (rasp isnt range).

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

I never understood why people like this song. I always thought it was terrible. Also, why do any of you want to hear it live when Axl (from what is said after every time he do sing it) can't sing it at all? This is - in my opinion - the second worst song on Chinese Democracy.

I never understood why people like this song. I always thought it was terrible. Also, why do any of you want to hear it live when Axl (from what is said after every time he do sing it) can't sing it at all? This is - in my opinion - the second worst song on Chinese Democracy.

Why is it worse?

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

Why is it worse?

Than what?

I dislike it because the melody sucks, because the awful arrangements in it, crappy solo, bad vocals, etc.. Not to mention the combination of all of that. Completely boring lyrics too.

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

This is - in my opinion - the second worst song on Chinese Democracy.

Though I would protest that vociferously, now you have me all curious. Which one - in your opinion - is the worst?

Worst top 5:

1. Shackler's Revenge

2. There Was A Time

3. Prostitute

4. Rhiad And The Beduins (or whatever it's called)

5. Scraped

Good performance but you can tell they are a little rusty with it. Obviously DJ missed his part, timing was a little off and Axl really needs to work on his mid-range voice cuz its going all over the place during the verses. Again, Axl does really well with the higher range screams so I really don't get what the problem was with the verses. Ron pretty much nailed the solo though! :thumbsup:

Regardless of how good or bad the performance was, I'm so happy they played TWAT! It's my favorite GnR song right now and I really hope that they play it when I go to see them in June. :D

You're quickly becoming my favorite mygnr user. :thumbsup:

Really, you said it all. I just think Axl should try his cleaner voice to sing the mid-range parts, seems to work better in songs like Estranged.

Axl sounded pretty winded throughout the verses of TWAT, although that scream was awesome. BBF did a great job with the solo

I'll admit he did run out of breath toward the end of the verse lines. The outro scream and everything else sound amazing though. Hopefully he will improve and go back to his 2010 glory...

I dont think he could handle that properly in 2010 either. The perfect way would be his 2006/07 prime, like when he sang Sailing.

I'd take any old song over TWAT live, or Myles Kennedy live over Axl on TWAT live.

are you kidding?

He's the guy who trolled on YouTube with the Blood in the Watern video.

Oh he didn't handle it well when they played it in 2009 or 2010, but his vocals for the most part after the first few months of that tour were stellar. You make a good point in the his 2006/2007 voice could handle TWAT better than his 2010 voice. 2010 was awesome rasp, 2006/07 was good rasp but everything else was on par also.

This is - in my opinion - the second worst song on Chinese Democracy.

Though I would protest that vociferously, now you have me all curious. Which one - in your opinion - is the worst?

Worst top 5:

1. Shackler's Revenge

2. There Was A Time

3. Prostitute

4. Rhiad And The Beduins (or whatever it's called)

5. Scraped

What are your top 5 tracks on Chidem? Assuming you liked those tracks at all?

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

I really don't like his voice at the moment, and I don't like TWAT.

Music is completely subjective I know; but I can't understand how anybody can possibly hate on TWAT. Mid-album on CD, Catcher and TWAT, is the moment for me. I believed TWAT was one of those moments we all accept to be of epic status.

And Axl's voice, anybody in attendance at the Dublin gig can offer assurance it continues to exist. What I've taken from going to two GN'R shows is that YouTube doesn't capture how the audience recieves Axl's vocals live.

Edited by NewGNRnOldGNR

I really don't like his voice at the moment, and I don't like TWAT.

Music is completely subjective I know; but I can't understand how anybody can possibly hate on TWAT. Mid-album on CD, Catcher and TWAT, is the moment for me. I believed TWAT was one of those moments we all accept to be of epic status.

And Axl's voice, anybody in attendance at the Dublin gig can offer assurance it continues to exist. What I've taken from going to two GN'R shows is that YouTube doesn't capture how the audience recieves Axl's vocals live.

I think the biggest problem I have with both TWAT and Catcher are the vocals. I always wondered how those songs would've sounded if Axl had used his raspy voice.

That said, this version of Catcher is AWESOME:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFjRQp2sxdU

Oh my God, who gives a flying shit about this? Are you so desperate that you feel so overjoyed when a 4 year old song gets played live in atour that as lasted for like a decade or so?

But it's not just any song, it's TWAT -- the centerpiece of CD, the one song even CD haters dig, the one song consistently ranked among the classics.

Yes, it's exciting.

Axl sounds like a mess on that version of TWAT.

How in the world is he always sucking wind like that when he tries to sing it (and alot of other songs for that matter).

He's got to get his ass on the treadmill and get his cardio up because he should be able to make it through songs without sounding like he just ran a marathon all while trying to hold his breath. It is very off putting.

It is also not fair to the band who does there job to sound good while he just brings them down.

Oh my God, who gives a flying shit about this? Are you so desperate that you feel so overjoyed when a 4 year old song gets played live in atour that as lasted for like a decade or so?

But it's not just any song, it's TWAT -- the centerpiece of CD, the one song even CD haters dig, the one song consistently ranked among the classics.

Yes, it's exciting.

True, I'm one of the CD haters, but I can tolerate TWAT. But the excitement is a bit overblown. Fans are appreciative, honestly too appreciative, about little things.

I think TWAT was Axl's apology to the Dublin fans for what happened last time. His olive branch so to speak. I'd be surprised if we heard it on any sort of regular basis.

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

He didn't 'butcher' anything. I was there, it was a highly commendable effort at TWAT. Those audios don't capture the audience reception of Axl's vocals at all.

New source with the lovely Madagascar jam with Bumble and Richard before, courtesy of estebanf:

http://soundcloud.com/gnrbootlegs/guns-n-roses-there-was-a-time

Kinda amazed that it was recorded with an iPhone 4. Good quality.

I was wondering about this. Must have been an even bigger surprise that TWAT came on after this pre-Maddy jam. Wish I was there....

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

I believe the band were expecting Maddy next, hence the jamming. TWAT was as surprising to the musicians as it was to the fans in attendance; Frank & DJ were both saying that at the aftershow. It was completely Axl's decision.

Just heard that soundcloud recording. Fuckin fantastic...

It is a tough Song, but axl is too hard on himself at the end of the track...

Really hope guns play it in brum next saturday...

Edited by gavgnr