TWAT Played in DUBLIN!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest gunns5

You can see Bumble showing off the right chord to Ashba at 2:11.

TWAT could join the James Bond suite at the beginning of the set.

Bond Theme

Live N Let Die

TWAT

Except that Richard's new solo is better and that the perfect fit was If The World.

:rofl-lol: Thank god for bumble

Edited by gunns5

Axl sounded pretty winded throughout the verses of TWAT, although that scream was awesome. BBF did a great job with the solo

I'll admit he did run out of breath toward the end of the verse lines. The outro scream and everything else sound amazing though. Hopefully he will improve and go back to his 2010 glory...

So Brodie, how do you feel now? You said Ron couldn't handle the solo, now there's a great quality recording out there proving otherwise... again.

Did you ever find that post of me "attacking" anyone?

And I never said he couldn't handle the solo.

So you're batting 0/2.

Edited by Brodie

You can see Bumble showing off the right chord to Ashba at 2:11.

TWAT could join the James Bond suite at the beginning of the set.

Bond Theme

Live N Let Die

TWAT

Except that Richard's new solo is better and that the perfect fit was If The World.

:rofl-lol: Thank god for bumble

When I saw them they did If the World and TWAT. There were technical difficulties but it was awesome to see them live.

Good performance but you can tell they are a little rusty with it. Obviously DJ missed his part, timing was a little off and Axl really needs to work on his mid-range voice cuz its going all over the place during the verses. Again, Axl does really well with the higher range screams so I really don't get what the problem was with the verses. Ron pretty much nailed the solo though! :thumbsup:

Regardless of how good or bad the performance was, I'm so happy they played TWAT! It's my favorite GnR song right now and I really hope that they play it when I go to see them in June. :D

Edited by KiraMPD

I think it was a fairly solid performance overall. Bumble was phenomenal, DJ was a tad flat on his solo but he wasnt far off and Axl's raspy screams were unearthly! The verses will get better if they play the song more in consecutive shows.

Its such a monstrously beautiful song that its a thrill to watch it played. Truly magnificent.

I'd take any old song over TWAT live, or Myles Kennedy live over Axl on TWAT live.

are you kidding?

I became a fan of GN'R because of the voice. It was unique. That voice was completely gone when I saw them in 2002. It was pretty good when I saw them in 2006 and I went apeshit at the 2010 shows.

So I don't get how people keep going like: Axl sounds awesome blablabla. For years I defended Axl on this board etc. But seriously, he sounds like crap on that TWAT performance. Weak for the most part, the screams are still great.

Same for Civil War, some parts sound really good but about 75% of the song his voice is weak and clean.

Now I'm not gonna say that he can't sing anymore because he still can. It's just a damn shame that it takes him at least 10 shows to get in shape.

Good performance but you can tell they are a little rusty with it. Obviously DJ missed his part, timing was a little off and Axl really needs to work on his mid-range voice cuz its going all over the place during the verses. Again, Axl does really well with the higher range screams so I really don't get what the problem was with the verses. Ron pretty much nailed the solo though! :thumbsup:

Regardless of how good or bad the performance was, I'm so happy they played TWAT! It's my favorite GnR song right now and I really hope that they play it when I go to see them in June. :D

You're quickly becoming my favorite mygnr user. :thumbsup:

Really, you said it all. I just think Axl should try his cleaner voice to sing the mid-range parts, seems to work better in songs like Estranged.

Axl sounded pretty winded throughout the verses of TWAT, although that scream was awesome. BBF did a great job with the solo

I'll admit he did run out of breath toward the end of the verse lines. The outro scream and everything else sound amazing though. Hopefully he will improve and go back to his 2010 glory...

I dont think he could handle that properly in 2010 either. The perfect way would be his 2006/07 prime, like when he sang Sailing.

I'd take any old song over TWAT live, or Myles Kennedy live over Axl on TWAT live.

are you kidding?

He's the guy who trolled on YouTube with the Blood in the Watern video.

What does that mean? That I'm kidding?

I really don't like his voice at the moment, and I don't like TWAT. The old 1999 demo was really cool, they should've kept it like that.

If you'd pay attention you would know that I'm a big Axl fan. I just get annoyed by his vocal performances lately.

But I know it usually takes him some shows to get in shape.

I'll be going to the show in Rotterdam, June 4th. So I'm really hoping that this show will be better than the shows I went to in 2010.

The reason I trolled people with that Blood In The Water video was because I think it's funny how easy the GN'R fanbase can be fooled.

EDIT: And yes, the screams in TWAT sounded amazing. That's the voice I'm talking about!

EDIT2: And here's the 1999 demo of TWAT, I really dig this one and would've loved it if they released it like this!

Edited by UcudBmineCD

Means that yes, I think you're not serious. Id take a bad Axl night like RIR 2011 over Miles any time.

And really, I dont think GNR fans deserves any more trolling than what we have already from either fake insiders or even band members.

Maybe I was overreacting with the Myles comment, I agree. The guy is annoying as hell.

But I meant the rest, TWAT was a great song when I first heard the '99 demo. I think the album version was overproduced.

I think it's just stupid that people get labelled as cupcakes the minute they say something bad about Axl. I have been nothing but positive about this band the past 5 years on this board and still think it's a great band.

Bumblefoot is a grandmaster, listened to this again, fucking incredible how he played the fuck out of this TWAT solo, how can he have such a good memory?! Goddammit he's clearly one of the best guitarists alive.

What does that mean? That I'm kidding?

I really don't like his voice at the moment, and I don't like TWAT. The old 1999 demo was really cool, they should've kept it like that.

If you'd pay attention you would know that I'm a big Axl fan. I just get annoyed by his vocal performances lately.

But I know it usually takes him some shows to get in shape.

I'll be going to the show in Rotterdam, June 4th. So I'm really hoping that this show will be better than the shows I went to in 2010.

The reason I trolled people with that Blood In The Water video was because I think it's funny how easy the GN'R fanbase can be fooled.

EDIT: And yes, the screams in TWAT sounded amazing. That's the voice I'm talking about!

EDIT2: And here's the 1999 demo of TWAT, I really dig this one and would've loved it if they released it like this!

If they had released this in 1999 this, we could have had 5 more albums by now.

This demo is killer. Love it.

Axl sounds usually much better in demos than in studio albums. Crash Diet for instance.

The thing about AFD sounding that great is that AFD is what you could call now a demo compared with the modern technology and engineering methods and stuff...

It's fresh and rough.

Distorsion, drums, axl's voice... Everything creates a much more impressive and overwhelming atmosphere being recorded with a bad microphone than with a good one.

I'll tell you something if the GN'R fanbase can be fooled by a song like Blood In The Water that only means GNR can fool the GNR fanbase with lot of stuff.

The fact of Axl singing Rihad and shit like that doesn't make it a good song.

Blood in the water doesn't define GNR fanbase hearing ability it defines GNR as a band or whatever it is songwriting capacity.

I don't thing there's a single internet-idiot in this internet-world who can create a piece of music with his computer and make the world believe that Mr. John Lennon actually wrote that and it's remained lost till someone found it.

Anyway I hope they can release some good music before we all die.