Rockers Guns 'n' Roses request 20 models to fill front row of their gig at Glasgow SECC

Tabitha27

It should be noted for international readers that the Daily Record is not a reputable news publication. It wouldn't surprise me if more than one element to this story was fabricated. I would condemn it more but it does amount to free advertising. I also expect people to take this story with a pinch of salt.

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it just sounds to perv these girls are so young its like there dad or granpa i can understand they wait to shag some girls but why choose ones that have no insight to the band and are still young.

to me it just makes axl look like a dirty old man.

haha, Bumble wants nothing to do with this, even he knows how incredibly lame it sounds..

I don't know what's up with GNR these days, hiring models to take up the front row where the hardcore fans should be..

Axl's losing his mind

That's if it was even Axl that requested this. As mental as Axl sometimes seems I doubt that he would bother with these kind of shenanigans nowadays (maybe in Guns heyday). It's either just the Daily Retard printing made up shite (as usual) or someone from Guns said something as a joke and they just decided to run the story.

Edited by Bansidhe

It should be noted for international readers that the Daily Record is not a reputable news publication. It wouldn't surprise me if more than one element to this story was fabricated. I would condemn it more but it does amount to free advertising. I also expect people to take this story with a pinch of salt.

It's not fabricated. A few days ago the GnR facebook ( or twitter, can't remember ) page was thanking the models and you can see them in the BBF audience videos.

And yes, it's super lame.

Edited by The Glow Inc.

haha, Bumble wants nothing to do with this, even he knows how incredibly lame it sounds..

I don't know what's up with GNR these days, hiring models to take up the front row where the hardcore fans should be..

Axl's losing his mind

That's if it was even Axl that requested this. As mental as Axl sometimes seems I doubt that he would bother with these kind of shenanigans nowadays (maybe in Guns heyday). It's either just the Daily Retard printing made up shite (as usual) or someone from Guns said something as a joke and they just decided to run the story.

Sadly it's legit..

What, Axl can't go on stage and perform unless he has a bunch of 22 year olds in the front row pretedning to give a fuck about him..

Maybe if the crew put 20 models in a studio he'll have the incentive to go in to one

Sources claim the Sweet Child of Mine and Paradise City rockers are keen to have eye-candy in the front row during their gig.

So does this mean that when we all had the ability to buy tickets, no one could get the first row or does it mean that this gig didn't sell well so they are requesting models to fill seats and this is a Public Relations spin on poor ticket sales?

Or maybe they are wanting to do proshot stuff for videos and want hot chicks in the pro shots?

Surprised they're paying models and not scoping the audience to put cute girls in the front. Usually does tie in to some sort of photo op. Nothing weird about it, U2 and Billy Joel do it.

From Bumblefoot Facebook:

Hey all, I have nothing to do with this - http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/showbiz/music-news/2012/05/21/rockers-guns-n-roses-request-20-models-to-fill-front-row-of-their-gig-at-glasgow-secc-86908-23867787/. Nor do I decide when the shows start - when you're waiting, so am I.

Axl's losing his mind

Why would he say this?! I'm sure that the people who decided on the models and Axl who's the reason for the lateness won't be happy with this statement.

Kinda stupid of him. If he's in the band he can't go around disapproving of band stuff on his facebook page.

Bumble is coming across as an insecure prick!

It's not fabricated. A few days ago the GnR facebook ( or twitter, can't remember ) page was thanking the models and you can see them in the BBF audience videos.

And yes, it's super lame.

I did not see any such post on the GN'R facebook or Twitter. Can you point it out?

Ali

Hey all, I have nothing to do with this - http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/showbiz/music-news/2012/05/21/rockers-guns-n-roses-request-20-models-to-fill-front-row-of-their-gig-at-glasgow-secc-86908-23867787/. Nor do I decide when the shows start - when you're waiting, so am I.

Axl's losing his mind

Interesting. Seems like Bumble is getting a bit frustrated with the late starts

Axl's losing his mind

Interesting. Seems like Bumble is getting a bit frustrated with the late starts

Tasteless to air it out on facebook however

Axl's losing his mind

Why would he say this?! I'm sure that the people who decided on the models and Axl who's the reason for the lateness won't be happy with this statement.

Kinda stupid of him. If he's in the band he can't go around disapproving of band stuff on his facebook page.

Bumble is coming across as an insecure prick!

It is weird that he's disapproving stuff, but I don't think it's prickish. The weird part is that by saying *HE* has nothing to do with it, he's also saying there's possibly someone else behind this. Why can't this matter be addressed publicly as a band? Now it's just embarrassing, but what can you do. Maybe they gave Bumblefoot no choice.

The whole thing is just down right wierd and Bumble wants nothing to do with it. Fair play for saying it and distancing himself from it all.

Edited by blackrose87

It's not there anymore and I did not understand what it was about at the time ( there was a link to a model agency and some thanks ) but I'm sure other people have seen it.

O.k.

I checked and don't see any mention of it in the Twitter/FB update thread, either (here on other sites I frequent).

I saw there were some girls that were pretty in front of the barrier after the last show, but there were guys there, too. I don't know if those girls were "models" or had some sort of access that allowed them to be in front of the barrier :shrugs:

Ali

I doubt this came from GN'R? HIRING people to come to your shows? It's a pretty cringe worthy thing to admit to.

If it's true, I think it's really unfair that they get spots up the front for two reasons:

1. THe real fans should get those places.

2. They'll be very tall and will block the view of the little people. Won't someone think of the little people!?? :fuckyou:

Edited by Axl Rose Baby

lol

Who is the insecure prick really ?

The one who thinks it's bullshit or the one who needs that kind of bullshit to perform ?

This is going behind the bands back in my opinion. It's quite a big deal that he wrote this, I think.

Seems weak of him to have to protect his image on facebook.

Bumble just left a comment on facebook:

*I* think the story is presented dishonestly and it's disrespectful to the families of bandmembers, and I'm bringing it up 1) because they deserve to be respected and defended, 2) a lot of fans feel that access is being granted to people that haven't earned it - by that I mean standing loyally by the band for years, buying a ticket, waiting on sore feet for hours and hours, cheering until they have no voice left, staying til the end and trying to find a way home after public transportation has been shut down... and doing it again the next time we're in town. I have nothing against 'the models', they were offered a fun night out and they deserve equal treatment from the band that any person at the show should get. But 'the band' did not request it, this kinda stuff comes from other people that are offering a good time by whatever means they have, and that's fine. I just feel the need to speak up on behalf our families & the fans, because they're respected & I don't want them feeling like they're not.

Hardly. Saying what the majority of people are thinking. He's a guy with a wife and kids and I'm sure he finds the whole thing as cringeworthy as everyone else.

Hardly. Saying what the majority of people are thinking. He's a guy with a wife and kids and I'm sure he finds the whole thing as cringeworthy as everyone else.

He's in Guns n Fkn Roses man. It's not a frkn family institution. GUNS N ROSES. Fill me?

I'm sure it would be enough to tell his family this instead of turning his back on both this and the lateness on Facebook.

He's in Guns n Fkn Roses man. It's not a frkn family institution. GUNS N ROSES. Fill me?

I'm sure it would be enough to tell his family this instead of turning his back on both this and the lateness on Facebook.

Back in the early 90s when Guns were the "most dangerous band in the world" then it may have been cool to do such things but nowadays that sort of thing just looks a bit tragic and the only bands who you'd really expect to do that would be blatant glam bands like Crue or comedy acts like Steel Panther. As much as Ron is a "rock star" (i.e. playing guitar in a big rock band) I don't imagine he wants to be associated with such outdated ridiculousness.

Bumble just left a comment on facebook:

*I* think the story is presented dishonestly and it's disrespectful to the families of bandmembers, and I'm bringing it up 1) because they deserve to be respected and defended, 2) a lot of fans feel that access is being granted to people that haven't earned it - by that I mean standing loyally by the band for years, buying a ticket, waiting on sore feet for hours and hours, cheering until they have no voice left, staying til the end and trying to find a way home after public transportation has been shut down... and doing it again the next time we're in town. I have nothing against 'the models', they were offered a fun night out and they deserve equal treatment from the band that any person at the show should get. But 'the band' did not request it, this kinda stuff comes from other people that are offering a good time by whatever means they have, and that's fine. I just feel the need to speak up on behalf our families & the fans, because they're respected & I don't want them feeling like they're not.

So, this is not a band request. Perhaps by " other people" he means the promoters?

Ali