Rockers Guns 'n' Roses request 20 models to fill front row of their gig at Glasgow SECC

Tabitha27

I think DJ was probably doing an interview with a Scottish newspaper which is why he said you "may see it in Glasgow", rather than highlighting Glasgow as a special show in itself

Than again he said "some new songs," so you never know. Than again this is the guy who said "some surprises for the LA show."

Maybe they are going to record a DVD. That would be awesome.

I don't see any reason why they would want to have models in the front row unless Axl want's something good to look at during the show. Bumblefoot has already voiced displeasure of the idea, so either he's playing the general public, or he's generally pissed off at the idea of models in the front row. If he's generally pissed off than I don't like the future of this band. Touring for years makes it impossible to do what the members (well excluding Axl) want to do, record new material.

Edited by GNR123GNR456

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay I've read a bit into this and from what i can piece together from security last night and sources on the net it seems that the promoter has asked this company to put an after show party in the venues and I'm only assuming that the models were apart of that package deal.

DJ Ashba Interview

We’ve got a new stage and a new show. Some new songs and some other fun stuff. I don’t want to give it all away when you may see it in Glasgow.

Maybe they have something planned for Glasgow?

I suspect the interviewer was from Glasgow and that was why he mentioned there specifically. I might be wrong of course.

If only one of these models has the humor to rock up with a Slash shirt on! That would help blur the lines between an Axl decision, and a promoter's idea of what's right even further! Words like farcical, egocentrism, inferiority complex, shameless, ephebophilia and pathetic should all be worked into this comment somehow, but i'm so quickly losing interest in what happens in the Gn'R world (after 20+ years) Still gotta give credit for what the name has achieved as a whole, but what they are doing now, and have done lately does not earn them any respect as a band, and is starting to taint them personally, as evidenced by bumbles need to explain and clarify himself to his own fans and family. Really quite sad Axl, take a step back from yourself, and look at what you've become, and what you're doing to destroy the legacy that was once 'The Most Dangerous Band in the World' Must be time to replace the word dangerous, with insecure, unstable or disrespectful imo. :huh:

If only one of these models has the humor to rock up with a Slash shirt on! That would help blur the lines between an Axl decision, and a promoter's idea of what's right even further! Words like farcical, egocentrism, inferiority complex, shameless, ephebophilia and pathetic should all be worked into this comment somehow, but i'm so quickly losing interest in what happens in the Gn'R world (after 20+ years) Still gotta give credit for what the name has achieved as a whole, but what they are doing now, and have done lately does not earn them any respect as a band, and is starting to taint them personally, as evidenced by bumbles need to explain and clarify himself to his own fans and family. Really quite sad Axl, take a step back from yourself, and look at what you've become, and what you're doing to destroy the legacy that was once 'The Most Dangerous Band in the World' Must be time to replace the word dangerous, with insecure, unstable or disrespectful imo. :huh:

Per BBF: "But 'the band' did not request it, this kinda stuff comes from other people that are offering a good time by whatever means they have, and that's fine."

Ali

Bumblefoot added, "*I* think the story is presented dishonestly and it's disrespectful to the families of bandmembers, and I'm bringing it up 1) because they deserve to be respected and defended, 2) a lot of fans feel that access is being granted to people that haven't earned it — by that I mean standing loyally by the band for years, buying a ticket, waiting on sore feet for hours and hours, cheering until they have no voice left, staying til the end and trying to find a way home after public transportation has been shut down... and doing it again the next time we're in town. I have nothing against 'the models', they were offered a fun night out and they deserve equal treatment from the band that any person at the show should get. But 'the band' did not request it, this kinda stuff comes from other people that are offering a good time by whatever means they have, and that's fine. I just feel the need to speak up on behalf our families and the fans, because they're respected and I don't want them feeling like they're not."

and some guy on Blabbermouth has put it this way:

Bumblefoot will be the next in line to tire of the circus, and being in a non creative band. And Axl will not take kindly to being shown up. Like the original band, they are bored waiting before shows for him to show up. of course this band would have zero say in what Axl spends the $$ on....So many better things to do with their time than being backstage, or waiting in a plastic seat. I know NYC333 disagrees, he loves waiting for Axl to limp out.

Look for B-foot to be gone by 2013...another year of touring to build a financial nest egg. If he's got any creative edge, he'll tire of 10 years of playing Sweet Child of Mine and not being able to create music. I respect Ron has a little balls here & voices his displeasure in the bullshit

I totally agree

ITA, he'll be gone soon, money is money but there is only so much shit you can take.

He's not gonna leave the band because of this. So many drama queens around here... :violin:

No shit. If you read more of BBF's comments on the subject, it's clear he's more upset at the betrayal that the band was behind this. It's not a source of division for BBF from GN'R.

Ali

Bumblefoot added, a lot of fans feel that access is being granted to people that haven't earned it — by that I mean standing loyally by the band for years, buying a ticket, waiting on sore feet for hours and hours and trying to find a way home after public transportation has been shut down.

I just feel the need to speak up on behalf the fans, because they're respected and I don't want them feeling like they're not."

:shrugs:

Bumblefoot added, a lot of fans feel that access is being granted to people that haven't earned it — by that I mean standing loyally by the band for years, buying a ticket, waiting on sore feet for hours and hours and trying to find a way home after public transportation has been shut down.

I just feel the need to speak up on behalf the fans, because they're respected and I don't want them feeling like they're not."

:shrugs:

Take the good with the bad.

If these are the prettiest girls in Scotland, they need to come to Brazil more often. Now, seriously, that's pathetic. I can't even comment on this bullshit.

We have plenty of pretty girls, they just all actually do things... Not a big fan of this glamour model crowd.

karen-gillan-and-christian-dior-rtw-s-s-2010-wrap-dress-gallery.jpg

Rachel-Sermanni-%C2%A9-Fergus-Feggans.jpg

JulieFowlis.jpg

kirsty-strain-347330356.jpg

If these are the prettiest girls in Scotland, they need to come to Brazil more often. Now, seriously, that's pathetic. I can't even comment on this bullshit.

We have plenty of pretty girls, they just all actually do things... Not a big fan of this glamour model crowd.

karen-gillan-and-christian-dior-rtw-s-s-2010-wrap-dress-gallery.jpg

Rachel-Sermanni-%C2%A9-Fergus-Feggans.jpg

JulieFowlis.jpg

kirsty-strain-347330356.jpg

Well you did say you were wearing your kilt to the show - who knows but you might be shoved up the front with the models & invited to the after party. Try showing a bit of leg won't you. :lol:

Seems weak of him to have to protect his image on facebook.

Hardly. Saying what the majority of people are thinking. He's a guy with a wife and kids and I'm sure he finds the whole thing as cringeworthy as everyone else.

Bumble has kids ??? :question:

Guys, this is done by a lot of bands and is a pretty common practice by not only musicians but celebrities of all kinds. With respect to musicians, more often than not though, the request for girls is usually for the after-party and not the concert.

I remember following the Toronto 2010 show there were 15-20 models at the after-party. I actually knew one of them and she told me that her modeling agency had been requested to invite some of their top models to the after-show party. She didn't go to the concert. She did not indicate whether the request came from the band, management or promoters, but since she and her friends/co-workers weren't at the concert, I think that takes the promoters out of the equation.

FYI, Bumblefoot and Pitman were not at the Toronto '10 after-party, though I think Bumblefoot was ill and maybe why he wasn't there.

Cheers,

Andrew