Rockers Guns 'n' Roses request 20 models to fill front row of their gig at Glasgow SECC

Tabitha27

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bumble just left a comment on facebook:

*I* think the story is presented dishonestly and it's disrespectful to the families of bandmembers, and I'm bringing it up 1) because they deserve to be respected and defended, 2) a lot of fans feel that access is being granted to people that haven't earned it - by that I mean standing loyally by the band for years, buying a ticket, waiting on sore feet for hours and hours, cheering until they have no voice left, staying til the end and trying to find a way home after public transportation has been shut down... and doing it again the next time we're in town. I have nothing against 'the models', they were offered a fun night out and they deserve equal treatment from the band that any person at the show should get. But 'the band' did not request it, this kinda stuff comes from other people that are offering a good time by whatever means they have, and that's fine. I just feel the need to speak up on behalf our families & the fans, because they're respected & I don't want them feeling like they're not.

So, this is not a band request. Perhaps by " other people" he means the promoters?

Ali

Probably the local promoters who are doing it.

Wow, a bit insulting to the real fans, imo. The ones who actually pay for their tickets and merch, and wait in line for hours to get close to the stage.

Kinda sad that they now need to pay models to hang out with them and party like groupies backstage. Guess they're not happy with the quality of people who are buying the VIP packages.

+1 :thumbsdown:

Totally agree. Probably these girls are "One Direction, Bieber" fãs.

Despite the real CNR fã have to pay expensive for vip tickets its very hard gets closer Axl.

:sleeper: The show at Birmingham had better be good after partying all night. I saw some of these at the Nottingham show. Two blonde ones looked like robots.

It's pretty sad that the band have to do this when there are plenty of fans who would love to. I admire Bumble for speaking out, it doesn't look too good to Mrs Foot to be reading that her husband is spending the night with these erm models for a better word, Axl is probably the same age as their grandad!

Edited by axlsend

*I* think the story is presented dishonestly and it's disrespectful to the families of bandmembers, and I'm bringing it up 1) because they deserve to be respected and defended, 2) a lot of fans feel that access is being granted to people that haven't earned it - by that I mean standing loyally by the band for years, buying a ticket, waiting on sore feet for hours and hours, cheering until they have no voice left, staying til the end and trying to find a way home after public transportation has been shut down... and doing it again the next time we're in town. I have nothing against 'the models', they were offered a fun night out and they deserve equal treatment from the band that any person at the show should get. But 'the band' did not request it, this kinda stuff comes from other people that are offering a good time by whatever means they have, and that's fine. I just feel the need to speak up on behalf our families & the fans, because they're respected & I don't want them feeling like they're not.

So, this is not a band request. Perhaps by " other people" he means the promoters?

Ali

Probably the local promoters who are doing it.

My first thought was Fernando

Edited by Freddie Mercury's Ghost

Good on him. I believe him 100%. I doubt they are THAT pathetic.

Edited by Axl Rose Baby

Bumblefoot is distancing himself from this, but obviously someone from the band is paying the girls, as they claim, and allowing them to hang out near the front. My guess this is one of Axl's famous 'gestures' that he is known for

Huh, what was the person thinking who came up with this idea, whoever it was? Axl, it is ok to say no every once and while.

If the band members were from 18 to 22, something like Justin Bieber, maybe… no even then it would look really strange.

The idea of drunk, naïve young girls and mainly married 40-50 year old men late at night does not give anyone any positive images.

It just sounds so odd - for those very young aspiring models they are just some old farts, older than their parents.

If they have to be in front of the stage for some footage (does not look good though), to prevent all the bad publicity

I would not allow them backstage without their parents or grandparents.

Are they filming a DVD and want to pretty up the crowd with models? Because if not, I don't see why they have to be in the front row - just sit them backstage and defile them after the show.

It was sort of funny hearing that one model say he doesn't really know GNR but her parents are into them. Kind of sad, really. Luckily she probably doesn't know getting fucked by GNR isn't the career advancer it may have been in the 90's.

Bumblefoot added, "*I* think the story is presented dishonestly and it's disrespectful to the families of bandmembers, and I'm bringing it up 1) because they deserve to be respected and defended, 2) a lot of fans feel that access is being granted to people that haven't earned it — by that I mean standing loyally by the band for years, buying a ticket, waiting on sore feet for hours and hours, cheering until they have no voice left, staying til the end and trying to find a way home after public transportation has been shut down... and doing it again the next time we're in town. I have nothing against 'the models', they were offered a fun night out and they deserve equal treatment from the band that any person at the show should get. But 'the band' did not request it, this kinda stuff comes from other people that are offering a good time by whatever means they have, and that's fine. I just feel the need to speak up on behalf our families and the fans, because they're respected and I don't want them feeling like they're not."

and some guy on Blabbermouth has put it this way:

Bumblefoot will be the next in line to tire of the circus, and being in a non creative band. And Axl will not take kindly to being shown up. Like the original band, they are bored waiting before shows for him to show up. of course this band would have zero say in what Axl spends the $$ on....So many better things to do with their time than being backstage, or waiting in a plastic seat. I know NYC333 disagrees, he loves waiting for Axl to limp out.

Look for B-foot to be gone by 2013...another year of touring to build a financial nest egg. If he's got any creative edge, he'll tire of 10 years of playing Sweet Child of Mine and not being able to create music. I respect Ron has a little balls here & voices his displeasure in the bullshit

I totally agree

Ultimately I think that's what Bumble was doing - distinguishing 'Axl's' decisions from 'band' decisions.

Come on - Axl's a control freak, he knows and authorizes everything that goes on. Even if he didn't specifically come up with the idea he didn't stop it which is equivalent to authorizing it

Bumblefoot added, "*I* think the story is presented dishonestly and it's disrespectful to the families of bandmembers, and I'm bringing it up 1) because they deserve to be respected and defended, 2) a lot of fans feel that access is being granted to people that haven't earned it — by that I mean standing loyally by the band for years, buying a ticket, waiting on sore feet for hours and hours, cheering until they have no voice left, staying til the end and trying to find a way home after public transportation has been shut down... and doing it again the next time we're in town. I have nothing against 'the models', they were offered a fun night out and they deserve equal treatment from the band that any person at the show should get. But 'the band' did not request it, this kinda stuff comes from other people that are offering a good time by whatever means they have, and that's fine. I just feel the need to speak up on behalf our families and the fans, because they're respected and I don't want them feeling like they're not."

and some guy on Blabbermouth has put it this way:

Bumblefoot will be the next in line to tire of the circus, and being in a non creative band. And Axl will not take kindly to being shown up. Like the original band, they are bored waiting before shows for him to show up. of course this band would have zero say in what Axl spends the $$ on....So many better things to do with their time than being backstage, or waiting in a plastic seat. I know NYC333 disagrees, he loves waiting for Axl to limp out.

Look for B-foot to be gone by 2013...another year of touring to build a financial nest egg. If he's got any creative edge, he'll tire of 10 years of playing Sweet Child of Mine and not being able to create music. I respect Ron has a little balls here & voices his displeasure in the bullshit

I totally agree

Well, since "some guy on Blabbermouth" said it, it must be true. :rolleyes:

There were predictions of BBF leaving in 2010 as well. Obviously, that did not turn out to be so.

Ali

Bumblefoot just have this need to be loved by everyone. His post gives a minus in my book, that's for sure.

Why? Perhaps he just doesn't want to be falsely made out to be a chauvinist wanker because of some article in an arse wipe rag.