"In my opinion, fans would rather have us put out music than tour" - BBF

The Glow Inc.

Bumblefoot raises an interesting point, but I think his perspective could be a bit skewed. The type of fans who would contact him (or even know who the fuck he was) are the type of fans that obviously would prefer a new record ASAP, even if it meant less touring.

And I'm certainly one of those fans.

BUT, I believe the vast majority of GNR fans do not care about new material and would prefer to see the band live and hear the classics.

But don't you think, in some level, that Axl shouldn't really ignore the hardcore fan base, y'know... the fan base that kept interest in GnR during the many years of doing nothing? The fans that actually know who DJ Ashba is, who Ron is, and actually has interest in what his musicians have to offer? Not the fan base that goes to a GnR concert and chants "fuck you" Axl 'cause he's late?

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This guy is the most annoying cupcake I've ever seen

Is there a way to block posts where people quote him as well as his posts alone? The guy's a complete tool seriously! :rolleyes:

I wonder if anyone has me blocked. Besides iftheworld, he probably has the whole forum blocked by now.

I disagree with a large chunk of what you say but at least you say your opinion and I get where you're coming from. You're nice enough about it, too. We can all be pricks. MSL is just on constant mega prick mode and an insult commonly shot out by our good friend volcano.... he's a cupcake. He cupcakes hard and he gets me lately. I've blocked him now but like someone else said I wish I could even block quotes with his replies in them.

I used to be a lot more confrontational than I am now, but I took a moment to think about the real world for a minute and I realized that even though Guns is my favorite band, it's not my whole life. I have a lot of real world friends that don't like Guns at all, and it doesn't effect our friendship in any way; so why I should I treat people that I don't really know like shit just because they have a different opinion than me? I couldn't really think of a good answer to that question, so I toned down my posting style. I was sick of playing a character that despised Slash as well, so here we are.

Dude you don't get to talk. You are MSL

Well, thankfully somebody has finally been honest about what the real issue is here.

It has nothing to do with facts, logic or reason. Because I am the one saying it, it's a problem. Because I'm the one saying it, it's okay for people to derail any thread I post in.

But, if you are anti-leaks and that's why you don't like me, I am anti-leaks as well and haven't leaked anything in several years. So what's the problem?

If you enjoyed the leaks, then why would you hate on someone who brought you so much joy?

You can't have it both ways.

My honest opinion is that I think that people are mad that you didn't leak more. There are a few that might be anti-leaking, but I'm pretty sure that the vast majority of us downloaded them as soon as you leaked them. The forums around that time tend to back me up based on the amount of discussion that they garnered.

That's not it at all honestly dude. I didn't even notice the guy as particularly one sided, loud and if I do say so conceited/smug until very recently and I'm around all the time. The leaks thing ( I just heard about recently ) just makes it all the more worse. lol.

It's OK if you don't like MSL because of how you feel about his attitude, it's just the long time posters that are constantly bashing him for leaking something when they more than likely downloaded it themselves. After a decade of no new Guns music, he was actually praised as somewhat of a hero when he leaked those songs. I just never gave up my appreciation for it. People didn't turn on him until the hard drive fiasco, but I would have done the same in his situation.

If MSL didn't write in a condescending tone, I'd actually take his posts more seriously.

The ignore option is your friend! It's like a huge weight's been lifted! ;)

Edited by Dazey

which is why i often question whether there are other elements of life that are unsatisfactory that then bleed over into the posting.

it's ironic you continually say this, given that you argue with everyone like an insecure 5 year old.

you're just exposing your own flaws with that attitude. the only thing that should matter is the truth. even if i'm an asshole, it shouldn't matter as long as i'm presenting factual and truthful information.

someone can be sweet as a peach, but if they're lying about the band, i don't see the appeal.

The problem is that you don't present truthful or factual information. Unlike most people, you somehow have a lot of hours to kill on a forum and no one has the time to waste to fact-check you.

I wonder if Bumblefoot and the rest of the band could make their own album together, kind of like an "unauthorized sequel", maybe even with a lead singer, and whether Axl would do anything about it.

I think Bumblefoot and the rest of the band should just go ahead and make an album and release it on their own. If they have the confidence in themselves, they can go do this without Axl Rose. It would be like when Bob Dylan's back up band, ended up becoming "The Band". I think this idea of mine so great it deserve its own thread.

The problem is that you don't present truthful or factual information. Unlike most people, you somehow have a lot of hours to kill on a forum and no one has the time to waste to fact-check you.

Maybe if I have that many hours to kill on a forum, I also have hours to kill checking facts?

Unlike many of you, I like Chinese, I like Slash's solo stuff, I like Izzy's solo stuff, I like Gilby's solo stuff, I like Duff's solo stuff, I like Tommy's solo stuff, etc. etc.

Point being, I have no preference in regards to who is right or wrong, who is to blame, etc.

A lot of you feel the need to take "sides" and then argue in favor of the side you chose, facts be damned.

Some of us, myself included, just analyze the facts and call it like we see it.

You say I don't present truthful information, but you do nothing to back up your claim. What is the false information I'm presenting? That's a very serious accusation.

jesus this msl guy should get a life, sorry for the of topic, but this is really annoying.

I have a great life. Thank you for the concern. I hope you've been well, although I am concerned. Apparently you're being held at gunpoint and being forced to read my posts?

dude, GET A LIFE.

I didn't say you had to be sweet as a peach, nor that nice people who lie are more acceptable than honest assholes. I disagree with your posts, but you're not debate-friendly so there's no point.

I think it's important to realise that simply not shutting the fuck up until the other person realises it's pointless to waste their time anymore doesn't mean somebody is right. :rolleyes:

Bumblefoot sounds ready to move on from this band based on this and him saying the rest of the band has no control over Axl showing up late or the models that were given front row seats. Honestly, I don't blame him. The guy is an excellent guitar player....he can only be content covering old songs he had absolutely no part in writing for so long. Honestly, I don't know how Fortus and Tommy have lasted so long, either.

a new album featuring dj and bumble cannot come out until the next 2 chinese records featuring robin, bucket, tommy, and brain come out first

Says? Source?

it's been reported axl wants chinese democracy to be a trilogy. robin, bucket, and brain recorded tons of material that didn't make the first chinese record. songs in the can. ready 2 go. on the next couple of chinese democracy albums. the best dj and bumble can hope for is axl lets them do a few tweaks. like axl let bumble tweak a little on chinese democracy. until everything recorded from the original chinese democracy band is released, dj and bumble continue waiting and touring

Edited by finck6

a new album featuring dj and bumble cannot come out until the next 2 chinese records featuring robin, bucket, tommy, and brain come out first

Says? Source?

it's been reported axl wants chinese democracy to be a trilogy. robin, bucket, and brain recorded tons of material that didn't make the first chinese record. songs in the can. ready 2 go. on the next couple of chinese democracy albums. the best dj and bumble can hope for is axl lets them do a few tweaks. like axl let bumble tweak a little on chinese democracy. until everything recorded from the original chinese democracy band is released, di and bumble continue waiting and touring

It was previously reported that CD was supposed to come out the majority of the years between 2002 and 2008, that doesn't mean that plans in the Guns camp don't change.

If anyone here that dislikes Axl can agree with me on one thing, it's that he's unpredictable.

Edit: Setlist aside.

Edited by Damn_Smooth

Of course id adore new material, but what i would adore more is the tracks that werent released on the cd album with brain,finck,bucket.

on a side note someone posted that some members have stuff to prove, which would those be? All of the members in gnr have had successful careers before joining, no one is a rookie...