band delay three hours and 60% of the public walks away

auad

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They paid for a 3 hour show? This changes everything.....

See, this is how it works in the real world! If you pay for something and you don't get what you pay for you're entitled to a refund! To most people that makes sense!

You're the reason that a lot of perfectly reasonable people on here get labelled cupcakes!

I was being sarcastic. People who cry like babies after shows about the time should jump off a bridge.

By the way, where does it say that the show will be three hours? Actually who guaranteed three hours? I would like to know.

Edited by iftheworld

So much wrong with this article. But if 6K of 10K were still there then only 40% walk away. They can't even get basic math right...

If you are going to make shit up at least get some facts straight (not htread op but the news place)

ha..and you mis-spelled!

Regardless Axl shouldn't be late.. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

People who cry like babies after shows about the time should jump off a bridge.

Weeeeeeeeeeell....................not insane at all then clearly? That's pretty much the last thing I'm going to read from you. On block you shall go!

They paid for a 3 hour show? This changes everything.....

See, this is how it works in the real world! If you pay for something and you don't get what you pay for you're entitled to a refund! To most people that makes sense!

You're the reason that a lot of perfectly reasonable people on here get labelled cupcakes!

I was being sarcastic. People who cry like babies after shows about the time should jump off a bridge.

By the way, where does it say that the show will be three hours? Actually who guaranteed three hours? I would like to know.

3 hours show is ton long for me, even for my favorite band. 2-2.30 hour shows are just fine.

Anyway, people have jobs, families, kids, responsibilities and by having the show end at 2 am instead of 11 pm they either cannot attend the show or cannot fullfil their obligations. So why should they jump off a bridge? Because they aren't slackers with no life that can waste their time away waiting for Axl to show up?

3 hours show is ton long for me, even for my favorite band. 2-2.30 hour shows are just fine.

Anyway, people have jobs, families, kids, responsibilities and by having the show end at 2 am instead of 11 pm they either cannot attend the show or cannot fullfil their obligations. So why should they jump off a bridge? Because they aren't slackers with no life that can waste their time away waiting for Axl to show up?

I love the deadbeat argument, I really do! "Damn you with your jobs and lives and all that!!! How dare you contribute to society and have to plan your time to remain employed and fulfil your responsibilities????"

I didn't have any holidays left this year cos I'm travelling the States again so I'm having to leave work at 5pm on Friday and travel for four hours to get to the show. Then I need to pay for a hotel and travel back the next day. Guess I must be one of those folks who just loves to bash Axl huh? :lol:

I love the deadbeat argument, I really do! "Damn you with your jobs and lives and all that!!! How dare you contribute to society and have to plan your time to remain employed and fulfil your responsibilities????"

I didn't have any holidays left this year cos I'm travelling the States again so I'm having to leave work at 5pm on Friday and travel for four hours to get to the show. Then I need to pay for a hotel and travel back the next day. Guess I must be one of those folks who just loves to bash Axl huh? :lol:

You probably just bought the ticket to get to the gig and throw bottles of piss at Axl and chant "Slash-Slash-Slash" inbetween songs.

:fuckyou: :fuckyou:

Edited by izzydoezit

You probably just bought the ticket to get to the stage and throw bottles of piss at Axl and chant Slash inbetween songs.

Sometimes I think it'd be worth catching him right between the eyes just to see some of the disciples cry! :lol:

1338399743_axlrose.jpg

The GNR is notorious for climbing on stage later, from the time the band was Guns N 'Roses, but the patience of the fans was tested last night [May 29] when the group took the stage not to after 11 pm - three hours later than advertised.

The band performed at Manchester's Arena, and according to the organizers, the show should have closed at 11pm. The band hit the stage at 23:15, played a set of 33 songs for three hours, and ended his performance at 2:15 in the morning. At the end of the show, only 6000 people persisted at the site - 10,000 less than they had entered.

Many who attended the concert enervaram up and protested via Twitter. Alison Parker tweeted: "I'm a bitch. Guns N 'Roses? No, Goons and Losers [something like 'stupid and losers']. I had to leave to catch the last train before they agraciassem us with their presence. Disgusted. "An audience member also allegedly showed his anger by playing a brooch in Axl Rose, who struck during 'Welcome To The Jungle'.

http://playadelnacho.wordpress.com/2012/05/30/gnr-mkvii-banda-atrasa-tres-horas-e-60-do-publico-vai-embora/

Aud ,did u have tickets or are you simply being a negative twat? The most casual of fans knows that GNR runs on GNR time,so cry if u must,but be aware it won't change a thing.

crybaby.jpg

You probably just bought the ticket to get to the stage and throw bottles of piss at Axl and chant Slash inbetween songs.

Sometimes I think it'd be worth catching him right between the eyes just to see some of the disciples cry! :lol:

Daze,

Inspite of my level of fandom never changing, it's because of posters like izzydoezit and iftheworld on why I went from being labeled a Nutter to now being labeled as a hater. If you aren't sucking Axl's c*ck 24/7, then you are a hater, whiner, unhappy in life, etc.

The way these people worship Axl's every movie is a bit scary.

Edited by Groghan

Daze,

Inspite of my level of fandom never changing, it's because of posters like izzydoezit and iftheworld on why I went from being labeled a Nutter to know being labeled as a hater.

The way these people worship Axl's every movie is a bit scary.

It is. :scared:

I understand being a fan and all but...come on, 40% of the people leaving ? That's pretty bad how can you justify that ?

Casual fans are leaving during the show.

Some hardcore fans ( and there are not that many of us left anymore ) refuse to attend the shows because Axl won't release music.

Other hardcore fans don't consider NuGnR to be GnR at all so they don't even bother getting tickets at all.

Well, wonder how many people Axl considers is the absolute minimum needed for a tour to happen before he decides enough is enough and he has to make an effort...

A more relevant question is: How slow are some fans at ascending the learning curve of figuring out Axl is not going to be on time? It's not rocket science. Play tetris for an hour on your smartphone and get over it.

Edited by Popcorn's Snare

A more relevant question is: How slow are some fans at ascending the learning curve of figuring out Axl is not going to be on time? It's not rocket science. Play tetris for an hour on your smartphone and get over it.

An even more relevant question is : why do you think casual fans, people who have mostly just heard the Greatest Hits album, know about the actual start times at all ?

And the best question : why do tickets say 9:00pm instead of a more realistic 10:30pm-11:00pm ?

We all know the answer to the second question...

An even more relevant question is : why do you think casual fans, people who have mostly just heard the Greatest Hits album, know about the actual start times at all ?

And the best question : why do tickets say 9:00pm instead of a more realistic 10:30pm-11:00pm ?

Okay, what percentage of concert going fans, casual and non-casual, do you think have heard about Axl being perpetually late?

How is that more realistic? At the LA Forum show I saw in December, the opening act started at about 9 p.m., finished at 10:10 p.m. and GN'R was on at 10:58 p.m.

So, that 9 p.m. advertised start was pretty realistic. :shrugs:

I've never, ever taken, nor known anyone to take the show start time as when the headliner will go on. I've always taken it as when the opening act goes on.

Ali

How come Frank, Thal, Tommy etc....never say a word about late starts? Oh, that's right.....Axl would fire their ass! Nice "band".

Ron complains about the late starts... I don't think Axl gives a fuck, really. I don't know if he gives a fuck about anything at all <_<

How come Frank, Thal, Tommy etc....never say a word about late starts? Oh, that's right.....Axl would fire their ass! Nice "band".

Ron complains about the late starts... I don't think Axl gives a fuck, really. I don't know if he gives a fuck about anything at all <_<

Thank you! God it gets annoying when the auto-cupcakes just spread misinformation. Ron has spoken about it and I do believe there are quotes from other members who've spoken about it too.