Axl Apologizes

it's been a common joke around here that axl never apologizes or takes blame for anything -- whenever something sucks, it's because of former band members, managers, friends, journalists, autograph salesman, abused girlfriends/spouses, message board members, draconian fire marshal's with axes to grind against gnr fans, etc...

but all kidding aside, have their been any instances where axl took the blame? any interviews where he said my bad, or copped to losing his cool, being temperamental, judgmental, irrational or vindictive? i'm curious to see which events (if any) succeeded in humbling him. let's see some examples...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkjX2R9q1iU

“... Couldn't talk about shit for 5 years or I would have gotten sued for about everything I own by, fuckin’ corporate radio and shit, that were backing our tour. So I had to shut up. I mean, I did cancel the first show, at six in the morning. But my manager told me he canceled it and then didn’t. And then Clear Channel wanted us to fuck up, because they wanted to end the tour. ‘Cause they had some shit going on in Florida or something… I don’t know, something … a whole bunch of bullshit. But I got really sick; it had nothing to do with fur coats or basketball games or, you know ... I love Philly. I came to visit here a few times and stuff, I really liked it. So on this we decided, ‘OK we’re gonna risk it, what if we can throw in a show in Philly, and we can get in Philly and get out.' (unintelligible) don't go to jail. ... So it’s good to be here with you people tonight. I want to apologize for my part of that. You know, so… I’m not saying I’m innocent.”

“... Couldn't talk about shit for 5 years or I would have gotten sued for about everything I own by, fuckin’ corporate radio and shit, that were backing our tour. So I had to shut up. I mean, I did cancel the first show, at six in the morning. But my manager told me he canceled it and then didn’t. And then Clear Channel wanted us to fuck up, because they wanted to end the tour. ‘Cause they had some shit going on in Florida or something… I don’t know, something … a whole bunch of bullshit. But I got really sick; it had nothing to do with fur coats or basketball games or, you know ... I love Philly. I came to visit here a few times and stuff, I really liked it. So on this we decided, ‘OK we’re gonna risk it, what if we can throw in a show in Philly, and we can get in Philly and get out.' (unintelligible) don't go to jail. ... So it’s good to be here with you people tonight. I want to apologize for my part of that. You know, so… I’m not saying I’m innocent.”

One of that show's many highlights

Sounds like he's making up a lot of half-baked reasons while he's mustering up the courage for a pretty bad apology.

it's been a common joke around here that axl never apologizes or takes blame for anything -- whenever something sucks, it's because of former band members, managers, friends, journalists, autograph salesman, abused girlfriends/spouses, message board members, draconian fire marshal's with axes to grind against gnr fans, etc...

but all kidding aside, have their been any instances where axl took the blame? any interviews where he said my bad, or copped to losing his cool, being temperamental, judgmental, irrational or vindictive? i'm curious to see which events (if any) succeeded in humbling him. let's see some examples...

He apologized in Toronto for starting at 11:30. Which is funny looking back because its been the 2nd earliest I've seen him take the stage in 5 shows

Sounds like he's making up a lot of half-baked reasons while he's mustering up the courage for a pretty bad apology.

Yeah, and it took him 10 years to come up with that gem.