Slash @ Hammersmith Apollo, London - 06/06/2012

Original GNR

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great gig. Really enjoyed it.

Whoever the first band were were an absolute disgrace. Absolutely awful.

Really enjoyed halestorm though! Definitely going to check out some of their stuff!

As for Slash, great as always. Amazing crowd and great show. Got myself a Todd dammit kerns guitar pick!

Awesome show, and whoever said boring crowd? Don't judge it off that, it was the BEST crowd ive ever seen at a theatre concert (you can't actually see most of the standing crowd in that vid as they are under the steated area too). Myles was really taken back by the crowd and i've seen him a good few times to know that he meant it. Being the only show though in the UK it would have been full of die hard slash fans, so I think that's why the crowd were so into it.

Anyway, the show was awesome, no Slash Solo though in the set though like he did last year at the shows, i did love the extended version of rocket queen though. Civil war was missed but loved hearing Anastasia, concert ran 1hr 50mins, I think they could have squeezed and extra song in there though.

The first band were terrible though haha, who were they? Ive never seen anyone support get boo'd that bad before.

Anyway, I met slash after the show and asked him to play Anastasia @ Download fest, but I'm not convinced by his reaction if he will haha, here is the video I took.

Edited by Axl_morris

Based on that one vid the crowd did indeed look lame. Just goes to show that you can't rely on YouTube for everything :)

Can someone post the final setlist? I want to see what else was changed since the Toronto warm-up show. Rocket Queen and Nothing to Say were the highlights of that show!

This is it to the best of my memory. The order of the songs aren't exactly right:

One Last Thrill

Been There Lately

Nightrain

Standing In The Sun

Back From Cali

Ghost

Apocalyptic Love

Starlight

Doctor Alibi

Rocket Queen

Halo

Just Like Anything

Anastasia

Speed Parade

Sweet Child O Mine

You're A Lie

Slither

Encore:

Communication Breakdown (Led Zeppelin cover)

Paradise City

This is it to the best of my memory. The order of the songs aren't exactly right:

One Last Thrill

Been There Lately

Nightrain

Standing In The Sun

Back From Cali

Ghost

Apocalyptic Love

Starlight

Doctor Alibi

Rocket Queen

Halo

Just Like Anything

Anastasia

Speed Parade

Sweet Child O Mine

You're A Lie

Slither

Encore:

Paradise City

Definitely changed up and looks like a good show. Too bad they didn't play By The Sword or Nothing to Say. Not a big fan of Starlight either.

Sounds like a great show... I would definately tweak teh setlist though.. I am sure most of the crowd (not the few Slash diehards) would rather here more Guns/VR song sthan Snakepit. I do like Snakepit especially the first album but the songs he picks aren't even that good.

My Tweaks...

One Last Thrill (Replace this as it seems to be most peoples Least favorite) How about Dirty Little Thing or Suckertrain Blues?

Nightrain

Standing In The Sun

Back From Cali

Ghost

Apocalyptic Love

Starlight (Not a fan but I know why they play it)

Doctor Alibi (ehhhh cool with Lemmy but Lemmy isn't there) No More heroes would be bad ass

Rocket Queen

Halo

Just Like Anything (Very weak Snakepit song) Put Civil War back..

Anastasia

Speed Parade (Replace this with Nothing to Say)

Sweet Child O Mine

You're A Lie

Slither

Encore:

Paradise City

Yeh ideally I would have liked to see a couple of the Snakepit songs dropped and be replaced by Civil War/Patience/Fall To Pieces - or even Mr Brownstone which they play sometimes.

Although saying that, I love this band playing Mean Bone, cracking tune! And I like One Last Thrill, can imagine it being a good live song, although maybe one for after a different opener (e.g. Ghost or Nightrain?)

Edited by Calcy

Sounds like a great show... I would definately tweak teh setlist though.. I am sure most of the crowd (not the few Slash diehards) would rather here more Guns/VR song sthan Snakepit. I do like Snakepit especially the first album but the songs he picks aren't even that good.

My Tweaks...

One Last Thrill (Replace this as it seems to be most peoples Least favorite) How about Dirty Little Thing or Suckertrain Blues?

Nightrain

Standing In The Sun

Back From Cali

Ghost

Apocalyptic Love

Starlight (Not a fan but I know why they play it)

Doctor Alibi (ehhhh cool with Lemmy but Lemmy isn't there) No More heroes would be bad ass

Rocket Queen

Halo

Just Like Anything (Very weak Snakepit song) Put Civil War back..

Anastasia

Speed Parade (Replace this with Nothing to Say)

Sweet Child O Mine

You're A Lie

Slither

Encore:

Paradise City

Honestly, what a shit setlist. Not enough GNR, no Fall to Pieces, too much fillerpit.