Not understanding what you mean

Tabitha27

Get a life? It takes maybe 30 seconds to write a post here and then move about your day. You don't have to be at a show to judge a vocal performance so long as there are recordings. In fact being at the show may be a disadvantage to judging a performance because your perception is skewed by the concert experience. Judging from the recordings, it seems to me Axl's voice was better in 2010 as opposed to now.

However as far as the matter at hand, nothing will ever top 2002 as far as Mickey mouse goes.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That Chicago HOB Rocket Queen is a perfect example.

I didn't know he was that bad now. His voice sounds really weak. I wonder how much longer he can keep it up. He sounded awesome in the other Rocket Queen clip from '10, though.

So how do you explain Axl sounds great and full of rasp just 8 days later on the Philly show on the same song? :rolleyes:

That Chicago HOB Rocket Queen is a perfect example.

I didn't know he was that bad now. His voice sounds really weak. I wonder how much longer he can keep it up. He sounded awesome in the other Rocket Queen clip from '10, though.

So how do you explain Axl sounds great and full of rasp just 8 days later on the Philly show on the same song? :rolleyes:

I guess it's subjective, but I clearly don't see Axl's performance in Philly as "great." It's better, no doubt about that, but great? It's still light years from the 2010 performance I posted in the first page of this thread. You're welcome to disagree if you really think Axl sounds great, but compared with 2010, it's still pretty bad. Better doesn't equal great.

Cheers,

Andrew

God, I love Axl's Mickey Mouse shirt... Do you know what it means? A big f*ck you to the complainers!

Really? You think that?

I think it's more along the lines of a 50 year old acting more childlike and dresses that way because he can.

Just like with the football jerseys in 2002. He wore them because he felt comfortable and liked them.

To my ears, with a few, brief, momentary exceptions, Axl's voice, at every show since the 2001 re-emerging, has had the Mickey Mouse thang (or some other variant) going on. Even the shows where people say "Hey, Axl's got his voice back! Check out this clip, it's great!", I still hear it and kinda cock my head to the side thinking "No, this isn't quite right". But that's just me!

It sucks, but what can you do. I think the guy is the greatest (and most interesting) rock n' roll performer of all time, and the old Guns' albums will never leave my ipod.

God, I love Axl's Mickey Mouse shirt... Do you know what it means? A big f*ck you to the complainers!

Really? You think that?

I think it's more along the lines of a 50 year old acting more childlike and dresses that way because he can.

Just like with the football jerseys in 2002. He wore them because he felt comfortable and liked them.

I hate those jerseys :xmasssanta:

Thought Axl wanted to look like Fred Durst and other numetal bands.

You're Crazy was way better on the UCAP tour than it has been since 93. That should be a permanent staple in the setlist.

This is still nowhere near as bad as 01-02 though, so I expect him to be able to make a full recovery if he wants to. It seems more like this is intentional than anything else, to me.

God, I love Axl's Mickey Mouse shirt... Do you know what it means? A big f*ck you to the complainers ;)

If you spent half the time and energy that you spend on here sticking up for someone you don't even know in the REAL world, helping REAL human beings, you might actually do something great. Seriously, it's just a band. It's just music. Axl is not your father,brother,uncle or cousin. Chill out...lol

God, I love Axl's Mickey Mouse shirt... Do you know what it means? A big f*ck you to the complainers ;)

If you spent half the time and energy that you spend on here sticking up for someone you don't even know in the REAL world, helping REAL human beings, you might actually do something great. Seriously, it's just a band. It's just music. Axl is not your father,brother,uncle or cousin. Chill out...lol

And who are you to say that it's just a band to me??? I think no one can judge about that!

Maybe you should take your own advice and spend all your waking minutes helping humanity rather than posting about a line-up of a band and a singer you obviously dont care for.

And who are you to say that it's just a band to me??? I think no one can judge about that!

It IS just a band lol.

Maybe you should take your own advice and spend all your waking minutes helping humanity rather than posting about a line-up of a band and a singer you obviously dont care for.

Music is art. I care about the ART Axl creates, not Axl. I don't know Axl Rose, so how am I suppose to care about him? I don't know anyone in his band, so how am I suppose to care for them? Do you see how logical that is? To care about someone, on a personal level, that you don't personally know is...a little weird. And that's me being nice.

It IS just a band lol.

Music is art. I care about the ART Axl creates, not Axl. I don't know Axl Rose, so how am I suppose to care about him? I don't know anyone in his band, so how am I suppose to care for them? Do you see how logical that is? To care about someone, on a personal level, that you don't personally know is...a little weird. And that's me being nice.

Are you familiar with the nuances attached to the word care? Care not as in taking care or feeling emotionally attached. I meant care as in "I dont care for onion rings"- obviously the idea is not that you must get to know the onion rings on a personal level before you can decide.

So, since you dont like the current version of the band or Axl's singing or pretty much the direction he's chosen in his art, why not give your precious time to helping humanity like you're advising others?

Edited by rabia

So, since you dont like the current version of the band or Axl's singing or pretty much the direction he's chosen in his art, why not give your precious time to helping humanity like you're advising others?

I don't recall telling you, or anyone in this thread that I dislike Axl's singing,artistic direction or band.

laugh.gif What a load of bull crap.

The things that people say to justify the trash that they want to throw around.rolleyes.gif

what I believe people are trying to say is that there has been an apparent lack of rasp in his voice. Especially in 02. And its just the same way in 2012, although there are some times where Axl does bring out the rasp, like on Jungle. But for the most part Axl has really stuck to just a high pitched voice without rasp, which may be due to age or not wanting to blow his vocals. But basically when his voice doesn't sound like the shows in 2008-2010 or in the pre-1993 shows, that is his mickey mouse voice.

I don't recall telling you, or anyone in this thread that I dislike Axl's singing,artistic direction or band.

Do you like the current version of Guns N' Roses? Do you prefer this lineup over any other?

Do you like the current version of Guns N' Roses? Do you prefer this lineup over any other?

They're the best live line up, imo, since the original band. As far as music, I'll have to wait until they release some new material before judging them on that.

Its extremely clear from your posts. Okay just saw your post above.

So you really think the current band is good live. What about Axl's musical direction on CD (since you care about art so

much)?

Edited by rabia

As far as 2001/2002 goes, I get what people are saying, but I gotta admit,the way he sang The Blues, KOHD, and Madagascar during that time was heavenly. When people refer to 2010 as his best vocal period,however, I'm kinda lost. I think he sound's just as good now as he did in '10,and 2011. He's got a near-perfect balance of the falsetto,the rasp (when necessary) and the baritone (which in my opinion,he's perfected on "Don't Cry", intro to "Civil War",etc).

I don't judge vocals based off those crappy pro-shot streams,though. Does Axl sound like Mickey in those? Well,yes but the vocals are always way too high in the mix. But the LA Forum shows did sound quite good,and not just because I was actually there.

"Shacklers Revenge" in 2012 sounds the best I've ever heard it. That is all.

So you really think the current band is good live. What about Axl's musical direction on CD (since you care about art so

much)?

I think CD is beautiful. I think songs like The Blues (it'll always be The Blues to me lol), Prostitute, TWAT,TIL and CITR are the highlights. Catcher being my favorite because it's so melodically palpable and I'm a big Beatles fan. I think CD as a whole could have done better commercially if it had dropped in the mid 90's but, it wasn't meant to be. But personally, that never has a bearing on whether or not I enjoy something. Some of my favorite albums of all time were either commercial flops or completely unnoticed.

I hope Axl and THIS band releases a fresh, relevant album because I'm anxious to see what they can do. They seem much more like a band than GNR 2.0 did and that usually leads to good things.

much)?

I think CD is beautiful. I think songs like The Blues (it'll always be The Blues to me lol), Prostitute, TWAT,TIL and CITR are the highlights. Catcher being my favorite because it's so melodically palpable and I'm a big Beatles fan. I think CD as a whole could have done better commercially if it had dropped in the mid 90's but, it wasn't meant to be. But personally, that never has a bearing on whether or not I enjoy something. Some of my favorite albums of all time were either commercial flops or completely unnoticed.

I hope Axl and THIS band releases a fresh, relevant album because I'm anxious to see what they can do. They seem much more like a band than GNR 2.0 did and that usually leads to good things.

Yup, things seem much more harmonious and there's a good positive vibe among the guys which can be a very good influence on the future and hopefully on the next album.