Not understanding what you mean

Tabitha27

Can someone post here please a video of Axl sounding like mickey mouse and then post a video of him not sounding like mickey mouse? Can you also reference the time mark in the videos like "2.45 mark" so I can understand what you are referring to?

Thanks.

Edited by Tabitha27

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can someone post here please a video of Axl sounding like mickey mouse and then post a video of him not sounding like mickey mouse? Can you also reference the time mark in the videos like "2.45 mark" so I can understand what you are referring to?

Thanks.

In terms of time mark, just listen to the whole song.

Mickey:

Not Mickey:

Cheers,

Andrew

Edited by downzy

Mickey:

That was sad to see...wtf axl?

he was sick.

We know this for a fact? So I suppose that means he was sick from September (Rio) through February (Chicago). Guess that also means he was sick all of 2001-2002 when he sounded like this. And I suppose it was a different illness than when he was genuinely sick in 2006 and sounded great.

But yeah, you're probably right, he was sick <_<

Cheers,

Andrew

That wasn't too bad. I didn't mind Axl's 02 voice. I know he lost his place but vocally it wasn't too bad. His range was pretty good then.

Are you kidding me? I generally give Axl credit for singing in tune, but he's completely off key here, especially he attempts to sing "never to return!"

Cheers,

Andrew

:shocked:

That Nightrain is TERRIBLE!

Actually, if you listen to the whole song, it's pretty good (that "Take it!" is hilarious, though), especially for an '02 performance (not saying much, but this wouldn't sound out of place 2006 onwards).

Axl was sick for the Detroit show at the Filmore in February of this year. I was there and he still sounded awesome. He's 50 years old of course he is going to have off songs from time to time. Jungle sounded better (and meaner) than the album version at both shows.

andrew -

Axl Rose ‏@axlrose

Sick as a dogg!! N' so over the ebayers!! 21 Feb

and I think you've never sung with bronchitis. it's really painful.

oh and look this show, a week after chicago gig. yeah of course he sounds like shit on february :rolleyes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41f-pUqFoxg

So he was battling bronchitis from Sept. to February? My link. Why would they book a club tour if he was still having health issues that affected his voice if such health concerns were known in November and used by many people on this forum for his poor performance in Rio?

I'm not really sure what you're trying to prove with this video. Is this an example of Axl sounding amazing? I guess it's better than his Chicago performance, but go back and listen to the video from 2010 I posted earlier in this thread. If you can't hear a noticeable difference between the Philly show you posted and the 2010 video I posted, you need to get your ears checked.

From the same show:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZ_4v6u3N6k

Can't say he sounds too great here.

Cheers,

Andrew

Edited by downzy

andrew-

of course there is a difference between 2010 and 2012. but Axl still sounds amazing in 2011 and 2012. And even better in real. I think if you would go to a show this year, you'd change your mind.

and i was talking about that he was sick in February (chicago-detroit)

Edited by tranconneuse

I'm getting tired of all the shit about his voice!!!

Go and try to sing yourself, every show you must be in topform!!! Go ahead, make my day!!!!

I was there when he did the 'famous' 'take it' but so what??? He's a human being, with red blood and brown shit like everyone of us!!! Like everyone, he's getting older too!!! And are we in topform every single day? Don't think so!!!

People who keep complaining about his voice must just listen to the studio albums, or 'take it' and be happy that he still goes out there and puts down fantastic performances!!!!

andrew-

of course there is a difference between 2010 and 2012. but Axl still sounds amazing in 2011 and 2012. And even better in real. I think if you would go to a show this year, you'd change your mind.

Saw them 5 times in 2002, 5 times in 2006, 3 times in 2010, and once in 2011. It's not like his voice was horrible, but there was, in my opinion based on the shows I've seen, a dramatic difference between what I heard in 2010 and what I heard almost two years later. Unfortunately for myself, having heard Axl sing the way he could in 2010, that's what I expect now when he puts on a show. You can't say well, he's 50 now and you can't expect the same from a fifty year old. So at 49 he sounds amazing, the best he's sounded since the AFD/UYI days, and nine months his voice suffers because he's closer to 50? Logic doesn't flow...

I'll admit, it's not like there weren't moments of greatness (for some reason Jungle always sounds amazing), but for the most part I felt like it was ten years ago and his 2001 voice was back. Again, my opinion based on what I saw in person. The videos on youtube only validate my opinion.

Cheers,

Andrew