Fernando about CD 2

Juan Pablo

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why all the hate for Fernando? The guy works hard for the band as a part of their management. Sure, he's not playing instruments, but I'm sure he'll be involved in getting the album made and out there and in that sense, he's a part of the process and perfectly entitled to comment.

Some of you guys are shitting all over him and for what? A 3 word twitter post? Give the guy a break - he's a nice guy, and has been plenty helpful to fans over the years. If you have a specific problem with his management style, then fine, post it, but the personal insults with no basis simply aren't warranted or needed.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I'm shitting on him because there is absolutely no reason for him to get involved in a situation that involves people that are actually important to the band. He is only in the situation that he is in because of his mommy. He has no right to address any situation with somebody that actually makes the band what it is today, and if he wants to flap his trap, he needs to be put in his place.

Seriously, I just think that he's a piece of shit that stepped outside of his limited role. I know that we aren't supposed to insult the band members, but I really hope that doesn't apply to a nobody like him.

I'm sure they are working on it, but it's a big deal for Axl to put one out I think.

If he's a perfectionist he will look at every detail many times. In addition to this, he has a boat load of pressure on him to do this one well - from fans, media and critics.

I can definitely relate to to him in this case. This album is a very big one...just like the last one.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I'm shitting on him because there is absolutely no reason for him to get involved in a situation that involves people that are actually important to the band.

Err, Fernando is on the band's management team, that makes him pretty important and in-the-know.

He is only in the situation that he is in because of his mommy.

Are you saying Fernando has nothing to offer when it comes to managing the band? Can you provide ANY evidence for this negative claim?

He has no right to address any situation with somebody that actually makes the band what it is today, and if he wants to flap his trap, he needs to be put in his place.

What? Were you not aware he is on the management team?? Wow.

Seriously, I just think that he's a piece of shit that stepped outside of his limited role.

Talking about band matters is often a part of a management's role. What exactly do you mean by "stepping outside his role"? And is this the only reason you call him a "piece of shit"?

I know that we aren't supposed to insult the band members, but I really hope that doesn't apply to a nobody like him.

"A nobody"? He is part of the management team and privy to the internal workings of GN'R, probably more so than most band members. When Fernando publicly states that the band is working on a follow-up to CD and that we will hear new music within this year, then all fans of GN'R should be happy and this should be a celebratory thread, not an invitation for people to hate on a poor guy based on completely ridiculous reasons like "he doesn't deserve to be a manager." It is really hard to fathom the amount of hating that goes on here. When people's hate for Fernando outweighs their love for a new record people should ask themselves what is wrong with them.

fernando is as close to axl as almost anybody and if he says they are working on it, then it has been talked about. as for him saying this to keep people interested for tours give me a fucking break we are on these forums are a micro percentage of the gnr fanbase, the people who dont follow gnr so close are going to go regardless if a new album is out.

for every 1 of us forum dwellers who say we need new music to keep interested and need new music to see them live again, their is 100 other fans ready to take our place at the show

I can't speak for anyone else, but I'm shitting on him because there is absolutely no reason for him to get involved in a situation that involves people that are actually important to the band.

Err, Fernando is on the band's management team, that makes him pretty important and in-the-know.

He is only in the situation that he is in because of his mommy.

Are you saying Fernando has nothing to offer when it comes to managing the band? Can you provide ANY evidence for this negative claim?

He has no right to address any situation with somebody that actually makes the band what it is today, and if he wants to flap his trap, he needs to be put in his place.

What? Were you not aware he is on the management team?? Wow.

Seriously, I just think that he's a piece of shit that stepped outside of his limited role.

Talking about band matters is often a part of a management's role. What exactly do you mean by "stepping outside his role"? And is this the only reason you call him a "piece of shit"?

I know that we aren't supposed to insult the band members, but I really hope that doesn't apply to a nobody like him.

"A nobody"? He is part of the management team and privy to the internal workings of GN'R, probably more so than most band members. When Fernando publicly states that the band is working on a follow-up to CD and that we will hear new music within this year, then all fans of GN'R should be happy and this should be a celebratory thread, not an invitation for people to hate on a poor guy based on completely ridiculous reasons like "he doesn't deserve to be a manager." It is really hard to fathom the amount of hating that goes on here. When people's hate for Fernando outweighs their love for a new record people should ask themselves what is wrong with them.

Hmm... Is he the best guitarist in the band? Is he essential in the writing process of any future album? Is he a part of the management team because he earned it, or did his mommy force his way in? Has he done anything for the band besides book more shows, which I could easily handle?

Give him your admiration if you want to, I'll sit back and address the reality of the situation.

Hmm... Is he the best guitarist in the band? Is he essential in the writing process of any future album? Is he a part of the management team because he earned it, or did his mommy force his way in? Has he done anything for the band besides book more shows, which I could easily handle?

Give him your admiration if you want to, I'll sit back and address the reality of the situation.

Admire him? I don't admire him because I don't know anything about him. But this ignorance of mine also prevents me from saying anything negative about him. I am a fair guy.

I have no reason to assume he doesn't deserve to be part of the management team, you on the contrary seems to know he has no skills except being a son to Beta and that he isn't doing anything besides booking shows. I judge him by the work he does, and to me Team Brazil seems to be doing a good job - better than any recent, previous managers. Again, I have absolutely no reason to bash him or have ANY strong opinions on him, and to be frank, you don't seem to have any reasons whatsoever, either, yet still you take them time to bash him. It is really strange, I thought you were a decent bloke.

I'm sure Fernando is competent, not that it's any of my business. I'm only interest because he commented on the next record. I guess he's working on getting a deal for the next record or they are working on the record. Sounds good to me.

How is that supposed to motivate DJ to stay in GNR?

The question is, does anybody care if he does? :takethat:

Dj Ash is the worst guitarist (bar Paul :D ) GN'R ever had. Axl seems to like him, so I guess he gets to stay. What does that say about Axl ?

As for Fernandos annoucing this stuff. Takes me back to when Beta (house keeper) was opening her gob. Anyone remeber Axl putting Beta in her place on stage in Rio. The only one who really knows the outcome is Axl, and even he probably don't have much of a plan in place.

Edited by vaida

Admire him? I don't admire him because I don't know anything about him. But this ignorance of mine also prevents me from saying anything negative about him. I am a fair guy.

I have no reason to assume he doesn't deserve to be part of the management team, you on the contrary seems to know he has no skills except being a son to Beta and that he isn't doing anything besides booking shows. I judge him by the work he does, and to me Team Brazil seems to be doing a good job - better than any recent, previous managers. Again, I have absolutely no reason to bash him or have ANY strong opinions on him, and to be frank, you don't seem to have any reasons whatsoever, either, yet still you take them time to bash him. It is really strange, I thought you were a decent bloke.

Don't get me wrong, this isn't personal and I do consider you among my favorite posters here. There's no question about that.

I do feel that any situation that he is in is due far more to luck than to skill. I also think that even though the band is active, they are only active in the easiest ways to be so. Management isn't even getting that right. Why is the website out of date and charging money to get flawed rewards? It seems like a lot of incompetence to me.

Anyway, at the beginning, I promised to give them a year. I am going to quit bitching about it until that year is up. I'm just unimpressed so far.

I do feel that any situation that he is in is due far more to luck than to skill. I also think that even though the band is active, they are only active in the easiest ways to be so. Management isn't even getting that right. Why is the website out of date and charging money to get flawed rewards? It seems like a lot of incompetence to me.

It could very well be that Fernando got the job because of nepotism rather than skill. But even if that is the case -- and we don't know that -- I don't think it is fair to bash Fernando for that. Surely whoever got him the job should get the criticism.

When it comes to evaluating the job Team Brazil does the dilemma is: should we compare them to other managements handling other bands, or compare them to previous GN'R managements? In an ideal world managing GN'R should be like managing any other band, and it would be fair to compare Team Brazil with the accomplishments of other managers dealing with other bands. Unfortunately, I don't think this is the case. Hence, I lean towards just comparing with former GN'R managers and what they accomplished. And by looking at the facts (great tours with no cancellations, PPVs, a new website that is better than what was before, new merch, fantastic band photos, lots of interviews, etc) I can't help myself but concluding that "the housekeeper and her two kids" are doing a better job than anyone else in recent history. Not a perfect job, because there are still things missing (clear communication from band to fans about what the plan is, more efforts at the web page, clear communication between band members so they know what will happen from month to month, etc) but these things might take time, and for all I know, may be completely impossible do achieve (since, after all, they are dealing with Axl). So yeah, there are still things missing, but all in all I believe the management is doing a good job.

It could very well be that Fernando got the job because of nepotism rather than skill. But even if that is the case -- and we don't know that -- I don't think it is fair to bash Fernando for that. Surely whoever got him the job should get the criticism.

When it comes to evaluating the job Team Brazil does the dilemma is: should we compare them to other managements handling other bands, or compare them to previous GN'R managements? In an ideal world managing GN'R should be like managing any other band, and it would be fair to compare Team Brazil with the accomplishments of other managers dealing with other bands. Unfortunately, I don't think this is the case. Hence, I lean towards just comparing with former GN'R managers and what they accomplished. And by looking at the facts (great tours with no cancellations, PPVs, a new website that is better than what was before, new merch, fantastic band photos, lots of interviews, etc) I can't help myself but concluding that "the housekeeper and her two kids" are doing a better job than anyone else in recent history. Not a perfect job, because there are still things missing (clear communication from band to fans about what the plan is, more efforts at the web page, clear communication between band members so they know what will happen from month to month, etc) but these things might take time, and for all I know, may be completely impossible do achieve (since, after all, they are dealing with Axl). So yeah, there are still things missing, but all in all I believe the management is doing a good job.

Your points are valid, but the criticism I give them is equally so. I don't think that they should have time to set up a show with Izzy while the actual band is clueless about anything until the last minute. These are questions for you because you know way more about this than I do. How hard is it to keep your website updated? How hard would it be if you had the funding behind it that the official website does? How hard would it be for you to screw up what you offered people for subscribing?

The tours started before they were management. I give them props for keeping it going, but it hasn't looked like it wasn't going to keep going since 2009.

Your points are valid, but the criticism I give them is equally so. I don't think that they should have time to set up a show with Izzy while the actual band is clueless about anything until the last minute. These are questions for you because you know way more about this than I do. How hard is it to keep your website updated? How hard would it be if you had the funding behind it that the official website does? How hard would it be for you to screw up what you offered people for subscribing?

The tours started before they were management. I give them props for keeping it going, but it hasn't looked like it wasn't going to keep going since 2009.

This is just speculation from my side, but I believe the band has an understanding that they take additional shows on an ad hoc basis throughout the tour and that the band members are compensated for the extra work that ensues. If I were managing a band I would certainly try to get such an agreement with the band members and if I were a band member I would agree to it. It really is a win-win for everyone involved as long as it is done properly. If no such agreement exists between everyone involved, then surely adding an extra gig at the end of the tour without consulting the band would be wrong.

I believe the band has a contract with groundcntrl (or whatever they are called), and that any fuck ups that take place may be incompetence on their part and not the band/management. In my opinion, the website failures should be sufficient for a breach of contract and would allow the band to terminate the contract immediately and hand over the web site job to someone else. But I am not privy to the details of the contract and what is potentially being done by groundcntrl to fix the problem. It shouldn't be hard at all to maintain an official webpage with a decent forum embedded, so I really don't know what is going on here. I am not certain it is the management's fault. If it continues, on the other hand, then it is the management's fault for not pulling the plug on groundcntrl and handing the reins over to someone more capable and competent.

Edited by SoulMonster

cd2b.jpg

Is nice to see that Fernando saw this tweet in his mentions and decided to reply that way.

What do you think?

Proof it or shut the fuck up

You don't believe they are working on a follow-up to Chinese Democracy?

The European tour is just over, so not at this moment no.

cd2b.jpg

Is nice to see that Fernando saw this tweet in his mentions and decided to reply that way.

What do you think?

I sure don't.

With so many informed guys saying they are working on a new record, and with this being Axl's original plan, I see no reason not to believe it being the case. This doesn't mean they are all in the studio together now -- and there's probably not a reason for that either with the grunt of the songs recorded already -- but it could mean that songs are being emailed back and forth, deals are being made with labels, thoughts are being put into layout, mixing is taking place, arrangements for recording additional tracks are being made, etc -- all tasks that would comprise "working on a follow-up". I still don't believe we will hear new music this year, though.

cd2b.jpg

What do you think?

I sure don't.

With so many informed guys saying they are working on a new record, and with this being Axl's original plan, I see no reason not to believe it being the case. This doesn't mean they are all in the studio together now -- and there's probably not a reason for that either with the grunt of the songs recorded already -- but it could mean that songs are being emailed back and forth, deals are being made with labels, thoughts are being put into layout, mixing is taking place, arrangements for recording additional tracks are being made, etc -- all tasks that would comprise "working on a follow-up". I still don't believe we will hear new music this year, though.

Least they are trying. Might not be this year, I'll live.

I think the "Working on it" from Fernando insinuates management working on some sort of deal rather than the band working on it. Could be wrong but to me it seems more of a management thing, in terms of getting some sort of agreement made. I trust anyone from Team Brazil more so than most of the band members "In the studio" at this point.

Obviously the PLAN is to release the record then tour the states, With Richard saying just that, and Fernando saying this, and saying they'll be in the states again soon, Its just whether any of this comes to fruition.

I Fucking hope it does.

Personally I think Fernando is a great guy, but the crux of the problem people have with tweets like this is the blatant vagueness.

"Working on it" could mean nothing more than him asking Beta to inquire with Axl about it.

If Fernando were more specific with his responses, more detailed, then there would be more credibility attached to them.

The vagueness makes the comments come across as nothing more than PR to keep fans interested and excited.

I'd rather he not say anything at all instead of saying something so vague as "working on it".