December India Tour Dates Listed on Pollstar.

tsunta421

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So new album or is this just India's chance to see the CD/GH tour?

I really hope there will be something new. Yet another leg of the CD (Or Best Of, or whatever they call it this time) without a new album would be such a huge letdown.

Edit: Forgot to say it would be totally ridiculous.

Edited by chorrada

the venues doesnt seem right. but if true then it is fantastic news . however, i will wait till its announced officially before i allow myself to get all excited.

and yes i do think they will only be performing old hits as opposed to unreleased materials... but i hope they at least play Oh My God.

... but i hope they at least play Oh My God.

Don't!

ohh but i really do :D

strange but the same site also says that Slash is scheduled to perform in Mumbai in feb 2013

http://www.pollstar.com/resultsVenue.aspx?ID=105836

how come they have all these dates without any official conformation from any of the bands? only the Korn thing looks legit. and i am not going there :tongue2:

Edited by Ketan

Before people get all cranky about "no new songs" for the tour in India - they haven't played there yet. It wouldn't make sense to debut new material there. These will be current setlist shows, which they should be.

Hold the new stuff and debut it for an audience who has seen the rest before. And frankly hoping for a release in 2012 is a bit much. 2013 actually makes more sense with DJ, Tommy, and Richard all saying that they're still working/recording - 2012 would be rushing it. 2013 would be 5 years between albums which is pretty normal in this day and age (look at Tool, or NIN taking 7 years for The Fragile).

Posts regarding the setlist have been moved to the setlist discussion thread.

link

This section is intended for fans of the current line up.

If the notion of them playing in India is bothering you, please take it to the Attitude section.

Thank You

I remember back in late 01 or early 02 when I was just looking on Pollstar.com and for giggles I searched for GNR and they had the Philly date up and that was the very first place on the internet to have any dates at all and over the next few weeks more and more dates where added to the tour.

But ironically the tour got called off at the very show during mid stream of the concert that night.

I still wish we knew what really happened to cause the 2002 US tour to get cancelled. All we got was a bunch of rumors.

Edited by bigcountry

Pollstar is a source for rock info or something else? I recall something about this website but not that much as with my coins I bought few books as well as cds and they taught me not to be a racist cunt. :D

They're kind of a concert industry magazine. They also keep track and "chart" how well tours do - gross figures, number of tickets, average price per ticket, etc. They also have a data service for people in the industry (you could look up a building/venue and see what kind of business each act did).

As for 2002, that's kind of been answered. Kind of. Axl was sick, not going to be able to make that show. Told them that. But they for some reason didn't let people know at 6, they had them wait and riot. He had all intents and purposes of doing the next show, but the tour was stopped by promoter. Now, the reason for silence is, because this had litigation an such for a long time. If it broke Axl's way, he'd get to keep what he'd been paid. If it broke Clear Channel's way, Axl would have to pony up a bunch of money- I think what they paid plus some cancellation fee. "Who really pulled the plug, Axl by not "showing up" (twice now, riot 2) or was it Clear Channel who over reacted?" That's what I remember from pecking at what people have said since then. According to Axl, it wasn't about a fur coat, or a basketball game, or whatever. Clear Channel was probably not making gangbusters, and with 2 shows cancelled, that was probably tipping point, and it as probably their out because they could say Axl left them no choice. What I just said could be wrong, too. But it's at least something =).

Edited by Gagarin

I remember back in late 01 or early 02 when I was just looking on Pollstar.com and for giggles I searched for GNR and they had the Philly date up and that was the very first place on the internet to have any dates at all and over the next few weeks more and more dates where added to the tour.

But ironically the tour got called off at the very show during mid stream of the concert that night.

I still wish we knew what really happened to cause the 2002 US tour to get cancelled. All we got was a bunch of rumors.

Clear pulled the plug for 2 reasons. Axl missed 2 shows that caused 2 riots and tickets sales were slow in medium to small markets. Simple as that

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I hope Axl and co. know what they're in for by touring India. India is not like anywhere else in the world. Though they do 5-star almost better than anyone, it's not an easy place to do business. I hope they're ready for the grift by promoters and local governments. Too often have I heard stories of bands and artists wanting to play India only to shut the whole thing down due to extortion by the locals. If someone like Bryan Adams (who's an easy going Canadian) couldn't stand being swindled, I can't see how it's going to go over for someone like Axl.

Edited by downzy

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I hope Axl and co. know what they're in for by touring India. India is not like anywhere else in the world. Though they do 5-star almost better than anyone, it's not an easy place to do business. I hope they're ready for the grift by promoters and local governments. Too often have I heard stories of bands and artists wanting to play India only to shut the whole thing down due to extortion by the locals. If someone like Bryan Adams (who's an easy going Canadian) couldn't stand being swindled, I can't see how it's going to go over for someone like Axl.

yes i guess its not that easy planning to play in india. there will be certain elements in the bureaucracy who would want a piece of the pie. its a shame really.

do u care to elaborate about which bands wanted to play in india but couldnt due to "extortions by locals"?

but i would say that Bryan Adams has played here more then any other international artists (4 times i think) and he has said he really enjoys the shows...despite "not understanding how the politics in this country works"... i think he said that back in 2002.

Edited by Ketan

yes i guess its not that easy planning to play in india. there will be certain elements in the bureaucracy who would want a piece of the pie. its a shame really.

do u care to elaborate about which bands wanted to play in india but couldnt due to extortions by locals?

but i would say that Bryan Adams has played here more then any other international artists (4 times i think) and he has said he really enjoys the shows...despite "not understanding how the politics in this country works"... i think he said that back in 2002.

I wasn't suggesting that India does not get any large international acts to play, as it does. But the problems faced by the artists and promoters often have the effect of keeping many large artists away. I was in India last year and all I heard from friends of mine and strangers is how often "logistical" issues hold up concerts. Take a look at what happened when Metallica tried to play New Delhi a year or two ago. Shady promoters, corrupt officials who wouldn't give permits to change the dates, it's just one headache after another.

http://articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/2011-02-27/news-and-interviews/28638174_1_music-concert-musicians-promoters