First record/CD you ever bought.

Redhead74

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will not tell, to embarrassing.........

Well, it can't be much worse than Lionel Richie :lol: and there is the assumption that you buy your first record when you are quite young so all can be excused IMO! Please do tell........

It can be much worse actually.......

Ok have in mind, I was 7 years old!

Really embarressing :lol:

After that, it did get better really.

Nah, that's fine! It's actually surprisingly good for a 7 year old and also appropriate for that age. Now all the under 10s want to listen to slutty pop stars that jump around in their knickers and dance like pole dancers (not that I mind a good pole dancer, some are very talented, just not for an 8 year old).

Nah, that's fine! It's actually surprisingly good for a 7 year old and also appropriate for that age. Now all the under 10s want to listen to slutty pop stars that jump around in their knickers and dance like pole dancers (not that I mind a good pole dancer, some are very talented, just not for an 8 year old).

How about this one it starts at 0.40:

My brother gave it to me for my birthday, I really wanted this. It's the first one in got, but didn't buy myself.

Edited by MBRose

How about this one it starts at 0.40:

My brother gave it to me for my birthday, I really wanted this. It's the first one in got, but didn't buy myself.

Beautiful rendition of a great song. :thumbsup:

First Record:

Princepurplerain.jpg

First Cassette:

Whitesnake_%28album%29.jpg

First CD:

Monster_Magnet_Spine_of_God.jpg

Boss choice on Purple Rain.

Yeah I bought it when it first came out. I was 9 then. I think it was 5 or 6 bucks at Woolworth's. Back in the day us kids were sometimes allowed to bring our records to music class and when I brought it in all the kids were frantic saying "Oh my God put it on put it on" because our music teacher had godawful shit like Free To Be You And Me and other kiddie records we didn't like. With the exception being the Pac-Man Fever/Frogger's Lament 7" she had.

Edited by Jabberwocky

First Record:

Princepurplerain.jpg

First Cassette:

Whitesnake_%28album%29.jpg

First CD:

Monster_Magnet_Spine_of_God.jpg

Boss choice on Purple Rain.

Yeah I bought it when it first came out. I was 9 then. I think it was 5 or 6 bucks at Woolworth's. Back in the day us kids were sometimes allowed to bring our records to music class and when I brought it in all the kids were frantic saying "Oh my God put it on put it on" because our music teacher had godawful shit like Free To Be You And Me and other kiddie records we didn't like. With the exception being the Pac-Man Fever/Frogger's Lament 7" she had.

All I can say is that The Beautiful Ones is hard to beat as a tune.

Must have been a pisser seeing your teachers face going from shit kid's music to Darling Nikki :lol:

Oh and Fanta pants, Lionel owns so fuck you. I got his Greatest Hits, Back to Front in 92. Great compilation.

According to my Amazon history, the first one I bought with my own money was Stone Temple Pilot's No. 4...but I feel like there's one before that that I can't remember.

Hey that's interesting and now I'm feeling really old. When I bought my first record (Lionel Richie) there was no Amazon, no Internet and no CDs. It was still the days of vinyl (and I proudly don't have any wrinkles, so I must be doing OK) but I remember it was this big, big thing. I remember getting my money and mum took me to the record shop and getting it home and holding it in my hands, so excited to put it on. I ran around the lounge room singing "Running with the Night" and "Hello" :lol:. Embarrassing I know, but I don't care, it was great! Does this not happen anymore? Or was I just a bit weird? :lol:

According to my Amazon history, the first one I bought with my own money was Stone Temple Pilot's No. 4...but I feel like there's one before that that I can't remember.

Hey that's interesting and now I'm feeling really old. When I bought my first record (Lionel Richie) there was no Amazon, no Internet and no CDs. It was still the days of vinyl (and I proudly don't have any wrinkles, so I must be doing OK) but I remember it was this big, big thing. I remember getting my money and mum took me to the record shop and getting it home and holding it in my hands, so excited to put it on. I ran around the lounge room singing "Running with the Night" and "Hello" :lol:. Embarrassing I know, but I don't care, it was great! Does this not happen anymore? Or was I just a bit weird? :lol:

Once more you hate on Lionel. Just once more.

No. 4 is awesome. Atlanta is the best.

Spice Girls. Ant it was a casette.

I was always that awesome.

uh65410,1283270490,Facepalm_emote_gif.gif

I love the Spice Girls.

I loved being in the recordstore. Putting these giant headphones on, to listen to vinyl records, before buying any . I was very little when I started doing that. By the way, I owned 'Hello' as well, :takethat: Oh and as a kid I also loved the serie 'Fame' and ofcourse MJ. Both Belonged to my first records as well. And Culture Club's 'do you really want to hurt me'. Those were all very popular with kids, just as Kate Perry and Justin Bieber are now. How old are you Redhead, you can PM me that, if you want ;)

Oh wait,

I also owned Joan Jet's 'I love rock and Roll', Cindy Lauper's 'Girls just wanna have fun'. I also loved old Motown music, owned records of Marvin Gaye, the Supremes and such. But also INXS, Japan, The Cure. I still love all kinds of music. My brother and I were always recording and busy with making tapes, buying albums. We loved music, we still do. It's my fathers big hobby as well, but he only loves classical, but I think we inherited it from him.

I can talk for hours about stuff like this.

Edited by MBRose