Axl Rose on Jimmy Kimmel talk show Discussion Thread

ppruks

Face it folks Axl is the fuckin' man!! I never seen anyone get such a standing ovation on a talk show!

Face it folks Axl is the fuckin' man!! I never seen anyone get such a standing ovation on a talk show!

Yeah, only if long standing ovations on a late night show would translate to people buying tickets to his show or buying his record, I would agree with you. :rolleyes:

Edited by Carne_asaDA

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have mixed feeling about this. I think it's really cool that Axl went to a tv show, I think he enjoyed being there, he's a funny guy and he definitely should do this kind of thing more often, he's a likable guy. What bugged me is that he's a musician and no question about music were asked, his projects, etc... seemed odd to me, the other thing is that it's really apparent that there was strict restrictions about the questions being asked, and that sucks. Overall it was cool though.

They talked about the Vegas shows and the Neil Young thing, so it's not like they didn't talk about any music at all. He's touring, not recording, no point getting the hype up for a product that isn't finished. We had that with CD and it did hurt the album for a bit, so I'd rather see him promoting actual live shows than getting false hopes up for new studio material. Once there is a new record he could always do another TV show, last night sure did open some doors. The guy got standing ovations for just entering the room, so as a host/production company, how could you not want to have him on your show?

Terrific interview. Nice to hear such a positive reaction to Axl for a change, especially right after all the Bridge School Bashing. Notice how everyone shut the fuck up so quickly? Man, some people are just never satisfied.

Edited by Estrangedfx

Meh, another fluff interview that told us nothing...Vegas ticket sales must be slow............wake me up when Axl agrees to do a real no holds barred interview with soemone like Howard Stern or with 60 minutes...........

I said that it was cool from Axl to be on Kimmel but at the same time I agree with you. Why not sit down and do a real interview? (a real interview =/= interview with Del James)

I've been trying to talk my wife into getting a Halloween tree for years now, ever since I saw them at a craft store shortly after we got married. I will have my Halloween tree next year dammit.

Anyhow, I thought it was a cool interview. I didn't expect too much out of it, so I'm not disappointed at all.

He is slurring his words

It kind of sounds (and even looks) like he is wearing false teeth, or at least has some extra thick veneers.

We've never seen Axl sitting down in such high resolution before.

LMAO are you serious????

Axl clearly had a few drinks before tihs interview that is why he was slurring his words. And if you people can't see that, you are all in denial.

60 minutes...........

lmao

Why? not saying it would ever happen but that would be a real interview

I was just picturing it. Axl saying something really serious with the camera slowly zooming in to his face then having it quickly show the interviewer sitting there nodding their head like they're taking in everything he's saying then it would flash to a montage of photos of the old lineup with a narration like "But it wasn't always fun and games for guns n' roses" etc

I just found it amusing when thinking about it that's all lol

He is slurring his words

It kind of sounds (and even looks) like he is wearing false teeth, or at least has some extra thick veneers.

LMAO are you serious????

Axl clearly had a few drinks before tihs interview that is why he was slurring his words. And if you people can't see that, you are all in denial.

I'm going with dental implants and maybe a couple of beers before the show. He had bad teeth back in the day and had them fixed 20 plus years ago, but they don't last forever.

Howard's tried to get Axl on the show before, but the two times he's been on the show, he called in. I just think Howard would get into questions Axl doesn't want to answer, but at the same time, Howard's good at getting people to open up. Kimmel used to be a guest host with Adam on Howard's show, and was even working his TV show around it one week. Kimmel is a big fan of Howard's.

He is slurring his words

LMAO are you serious????

I'm going with dental implants and maybe a couple of beers before the show. He had bad teeth back in the day and had them fixed 20 plus years ago, but they don't last forever.

Howard's tried to get Axl on the show before, but the two times he's been on the show, he called in. I just think Howard would get into questions Axl doesn't want to answer, but at the same time, Howard's good at getting people to open up. Kimmel used to be a guest host with Adam on Howard's show, and was even working his TV show around it one week. Kimmel is a big fan of Howard's.

I used to listen to Howard Stern. He is too much of a liberal whiny cunt now. The last place Axl would go is Stern. Howard makes too much money exploiting retarded people for anyone with half a career to spend too much time on. He was much better in the early nineties. He talks too much politics now, and is actually out of touch now. Once he left Allison, and married the horse face and moved to the Hampton he turned into a snob. Fuck that hook nose jew bastard.

Edited by Ruxin

He is slurring his words

LMAO are you serious????

Would not surprise me if Axl had a few cocktails before he came on as Kimmel told Howard Stern on his radio show that they have a full bar setup backstage and it is almost like going to a club. He admitted there is always a party going on backstage.......

I definitely agree with you about Howard being able to get Axl to open up. He is one of the best interviewers and always seems to know how to get his guests to eventually open up and talk about stuff they say they won't talk about...If anyone can get Axl to open up it is Howard.........

Axl did well. Came across as funny, charming and likeable. The halloween stories were great. Doing things like this can only help his public perception.

The people complaining about the softball questions haven't seen a late night talk show before, methinks. When someone wants to do a hard-hitting, in-depth interview, they don't go to the guy who used to host "The Man Show" or act as the comedic foil on Ben Stein's game show.

Same for the people going gaga about audience reaction. Axl coming out did get a sustained, genuine reaction. But the cheering for the band members was all the "applause" sign. You couldn't get a room full of DJ Ashba's family and closest friends to spontaneously cheer at the mention of his name ;)

My only (minor) quibble is that Axl's botox/plastic surgery seems a lot more evident in HD.

Great interview. Axl is a funny guy and its nice he has a sense of humor about being late and who's going to quit next and things like that. He should really do more things like this. Not only does he seem to be in his comfort zone, but it'll definitely help his public image because he's got great stories and comes across as really likable. I also like how Bumblefoot was there. Just cool to see them out doing something like this together. Also sends a message to the public that the band is indeed united and not necessarily just some "hired guns" or whatever. Overall, good stuff. Here's hoping for some awesome things in Vegas!

Axl looked pretty good too. Still wish the hat and the mustache would go, but no sunglasses was a nice surprise.

Axl did well. Came across as funny, charming and likeable. The halloween stories were great. Doing things like this can only help his public perception.

The people complaining about the softball questions haven't seen a late night talk show before, methinks. When someone wants to do a hard-hitting, in-depth interview, they don't go to the guy who used to host "The Man Show" or act as the comedic foil on Ben Stein's game show.

Same for the people going gaga about audience reaction. Axl coming out did get a sustained, genuine reaction. But the cheering for the band members was all the "applause" sign. You couldn't get a room full of DJ Ashba's family and closest friends to spontaneously cheer at the mention of his name ;)

My only (minor) quibble is that Axl's botox/plastic surgery seems a lot more evident in HD.

You read me wrong mate I never expected anything more from Kimmel then we got last night because as you pointed out that is the nature of late night talk shows...I just wish Axl would stop being such a pussy and do a real interview.......

And I am not sure I agree with you that the response for Axl was genuine as I have read the audience at these late night talk shows are coached on how to respond to the guests. Not that he would have been booed, as I think he would have received a warm response, but I doubt it would have been as rabid if the audience was not coached to go crazy...

Axl sounds nervous as all hell at first but he does ease up after a while and settles into the groove, dude looks and sounds ill so I'm inclined to believe him on that.

Great to see him just sitting and shooting the shit, none of us seriously expected some major Guns announcement out of the blue on Kimmel, so just happy to have him out there.

More of this please!