Axl Rose on Jimmy Kimmel talk show Discussion Thread

ppruks

Great interview! Something I'm really surpised no one has discussed is the question about which year Axl would do over. Did he reply the last 5 or 6 because:

A) He interpreted the question to be "which year to do over because it was bad" and said the last 5 or 6? He's mentioned that 2009 was

the worst year of his life and maybe he wishes it went differently.

or

B) He interpreted the question to be "which year to redo because it was so good"? Because immediately after, he mentioned that he

has more fun now (as in his latter years, post classic lineup).

I thought he was speaking like B was the answer, because of his reply after he answered. Maybe I'm the only one who got that out of it?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Decent interview,not big questions,not big answers,Axl Rose in good mood,the audience love him.

And now? when i see him like this i have this good vibe,but as soon as the first 4 songs of the first Las vegas show will be played.........i really hope to see Axl rose again doing amazing shows.

It's great that Axl did this and that there's finally something new to talk about! Axl is always quite quiet and soft spoken in person as compared to his larger than life stage persona! He does seem so much happier now. I really though the whole his RRHOF refusal etc.. drama would really bring him down but he seems in a better place than ever! He has so much charisma and presence everytime I see him on TV or signing autographs, I really vhanged my mind bout Axl when saw him in concert. he's the real deal and one of the greatest performers. What I mostly remember was how much stage presence he had that it was quite incredible! I've seen loads of legendary performers and better shows all round than him I suppose but he had more of a dominating presence. It was like a huge force and I didn't notice anyone on stage except him! Slash and the old GNR don't even have his presence. Weird! Anyone else find this?! So amazing!

Edited by Janis

It's great that Axl did this and that there's finally something new to talk about! Axl is always quite quiet and soft spoken in person as compared to his larger than life stage persona! He does seem so much happier now. I really though the whole his RRHOF refusal etc.. drama would really bring him down but he seems in a better place than ever! He has so much charisma and presence everytime I see him on TV or signing autographs, I really vhanged my mind bout Axl when saw him in concert. he's the real deal and one of the greatest performers. What I mostly remember was how much stage presence he had that it was quite incredible! I've seen loads of legendary performers and better shows all round than him I suppose but he had more of a dominating presence. It was like a huge force and I didn't notice anyone on stage except him! Slash and the old GNR don't even have his presence. Weird! Anyone else find this?! So amazing!

Definately amazing!!! There is only 1 legend known as W. Axl Rose!

For those of you criticizing the interview for its lack of depth, I ask you to reconsider the type of medium that the interview took place in. Talk shows, by nature, are fluff (at least in the United States). If Axl were to go on, let's say, Charlie Rose, Pierce Morgan, or 60 Minutes then we would have a much different interview (something of substance). This interview, however, served its purpose (to promote the Vegas shows and to portray Axl as an outgoing and charismatic dude). Such objectives, in my opinion, were beautifully achieved.

For those of you criticizing the interview for its lack of depth, I ask you to reconsider the type of medium that the interview took place in. Talk shows, by nature, are fluff (at least in the United States). If Axl were to go on, let's say, Charlie Rose, Pierce Morgan, or 60 Minutes then we would have a much different interview (something of substance). This interview, however, served its purpose (to promote the Vegas shows and to portray Axl as an outgoing and charismatic dude). Such objectives, in my opinion, were beautifully achieved.

Yeah, you're right. He needs to do a 60 minute interview for God's sake!

This

Guest Sleeping Like An Angel

It was awesome and I really enjoyed it. Axl came across cool, funny and in a damn good mood! Would've loved if they showed Axl lining up and eating burgers from the burger van with the audience as the credits rolled up :lol:

I'm so glad the general public got to see this side to Axl. Ever since he's been famous he has been portrayed as this crazy nutjob (mostly self inflicted) with no positive qualities what so ever. It was good repuation management all the same. Might seem a waste of time to most but when your name is Axl Rose you need all the positives you can get in the media.

The only negative (from our point of view) was that it was disapointing nothing 'new' was revealed.

The halloween tree was awesome! I'm going to make one this weekend.

cxg2.jpg

First Axl's toilet and now his halloween tree. 2012 is a good time to be a GN'R fan!

Edited by Sleeping Like An Angel

Overall it was good to see. This is what he should be doing and should of done more of to promote CD. I was dissapointed that Kimmel didn't at least ask him where the band was heading in regard to any new music. I'm sure the main goal was to promote the Vegas shows and that he did. The only thing new was the halloween tree and like most people living in CA fantasy land, they vote Democrat (ha ha).

Axl needs to promote himself and his band like this more often, if he did, I think people wouldn't have such a negative opinion of him.

This

How many accounts do you have?

I had lunch at Burger King today and there were two random guys talking about Axl's interview. It was interesting to see that.

Not that their opinion is that important, but all I could hear is that it was funny, but they expected some polemics.

Later, still on Burger King, some other guy's phone rang and Sweet Child O' Mine started to play, he refused the call. Then he saw my friend wearing a "Linkin Park" t-shirt and suddenly said "Can you name all the Linkin Park albums?" My friend answered and also said "If you want I can also name the EPs. Now tell me all the Guns N' Roses albums."

He missed Lies and Spaghetti. Who is the poser now?

Heh...

Edited by ManetsBR

Overall it was good to see. This is what he should be doing and should of done more of to promote CD. I was dissapointed that Kimmel didn't at least ask him where the band was heading in regard to any new music. I'm sure the main goal was to promote the Vegas shows and that he did. The only thing new was the halloween tree and like most people living in CA fantasy land, they vote Democrat (ha ha).

Axl needs to promote himself and his band like this more often, if he did, I think people wouldn't have such a negative opinion of him.

How often has Axl done a sitdown talk show - ever?

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

First Axl's toilet and now his halloween tree. 2012 is a good time to be a GN'R fan!

Some people are obviously more easy to please than others. <_<

Hey Gunners, I couldn't believe when jimmy asked my question to Axl SLATER0715 about running back stage during a song AWESOME and the crowd even laughed! Just so you know I did ask about new music or the new cd and also how is Axl's health but they didn't pick any of them but hey it was very cool to hear SLATER0715! I am a huge GNR fan check out youtube and see my wedding video GUNS N ROSES WEDDING 2006 PARADISE CITY and leave me a comment

Guest Sleeping Like An Angel

Hey Gunners, I couldn't believe when jimmy asked my question to Axl SLATER0715 about running back stage during a song AWESOME and the crowd even laughed! Just so you know I did ask about new music or the new cd and also how is Axl's health but they didn't pick any of them but hey it was very cool to hear SLATER0715! I am a huge GNR fan check out youtube and see my wedding video GUNS N ROSES WEDDING 2006 PARADISE CITY and leave me a comment

ha nice. That's awesome!

I'm sure it must have felt fantastic to have Axl answer your question. This interview was great for fans overall but it must be extra-special for you. :)

Edited by rabia