Axl Rose on Jimmy Kimmel talk show Discussion Thread

ppruks

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest RonMexico82

The people who asked the questions on twitter should be ashamed of themselves and should jump off of a cliff.

I told people not to bother. These shows are designed for people with the intellectual capacity of a potato.

I expected the criticism of Kimmel's questions, especially from fans outside the U.S.

U.S. chat shows are pure fluff and hosted by comedians. You never get serious probing questions.

Wow, love the optimism...What, is kimmel supposed to ask about slash? He could have asked about a new album i guess but we'd probably get such a vague answer why bother..

What a great response to that interview from the media. Seems the media has turned TeamAxl, like they have missed a long lost cousin or something. I love it! He deserves it! I have been following the tweets from media on twitter all morning and have not read anything negative, a lot people actually are saying there were pleasantly surprised by his demeanor and humor. The Halloween tree and burgers totally won the country over, who knew that is all it would take!

What a great response to that interview from the media. Seems the media has turned TeamAxl, like they have missed a long lost cousin or something. I love it! He deserves it! I have been following the tweets from media on twitter all morning and have not read anything negative, a lot people actually are saying there were pleasantly surprised by his demeanor and humor. The Halloween tree and burgers totally won the country over, who knew that is all it would take!

I think I have read 7-8 newspaper articles on the interview today, and all of them except one has been very positive :)

Guest RonMexico82

I expected the criticism of Kimmel's questions, especially from fans outside the U.S.

U.S. chat shows are pure fluff and hosted by comedians. You never get serious probing questions.

Wow, love the optimism...What, is kimmel supposed to ask about slash? He could have asked about a new album i guess but we'd probably get such a vague answer why bother..

I was just being realistic and explaining to the people who were bitching. I liked the interview but then again I knew not to expect a Larry King type interview.

Face it folks Axl is the fuckin' man!! I never seen anyone get such a standing ovation on a talk show!

This is why I love you man!

I know I give some of the extreme pro Axl posters crap on here at times. But I do admire how excited you guys get over the smallest things. And how you are able to look at every Axl related situation with rose colored glasses. Lots of people get standing O's. Axl didn't purchase the tickets, the venue gave them to him. Weird there were no album related questions. And that hamburger stand could have been a gimmick already set up with the show, and Axl just happened to be the guest that agreed to go along with it. And yes, there are cue cards telling the audience to clap.

BUT with all that said.

Fun interview. Axl did great.

Last night was a FANTASTIC move for Axl and the band.

Inspite of the posters on here who think all the media in the world is out to get Axl, shows like this show that they clearly aren't. Axl doing a few fluff interviews like this really do a ton of damage control, and really put the "current" band into a positive light with the general public.

This was a great first step. I hope team Brazil is smart enough to do a few more of these. It can only help the band.

Great interview, great reviews for it.

Do some great shows in Vegas.

Drop a new album.

And GnR would be back!!!!!!!

Good day to be a fan!

My cousins constant harasses me about Axl. Last week he sent me a YouTube link of the charity concert performance of Jungle and said ..."I'm not going to say anything. This says it better than anything I could ever tell you."

But this morning I woke up to a text that was a paragraph if nothing but positive comments from him. How great Axl did, how normal he seemed, how funny he was, and how Axl needs to show people this side of him more often.

He wasn't Pablo, but I would say Axl hit a home run last night.

Edited by Groghan

Axl has been treading all day on yahoo. Over a 10-15 min interview that really didn't reveal anything new for the folks in the forum other than he would vote for Obama, which I disagree with but that is my opinion.

This should show or prove to him what making a few appearances here and there can get a buzz about him and the band going.

Hope he does it more often.

It was also cool that bumble was there.

So Axl is a democrat

Kinda goes hand-in-hand with rock n' roll, doesn't it? Not too many "conservative" rockers out there. :shrugs:

So Axl is a democrat

Kinda goes hand-in-hand with rock n' roll, doesn't it? Not too many "conservative" rockers out there. :shrugs:

With a short phase Axl given a big support to Obama, so i think Obama should thanks him

No, he's irrelevant. How can you NOT agree with that? Some clever and awesome posters already "proved" us that, so yes, that's all a lie. Beta paid Yahoo to put Axl's name there.

I think it was just a clever ploy by Axl to appear funny and charming so as to fool people into liking him.

he's trending because he appeared on a talk show. it's not like he's being talked on twitter or yahoo every single day. people remembered axl exists. you won't see him trending in 2 or 3 days. unless axl appears on tv again or something big happens with his band. unlikely though...

he's trending because he appeared on a talk show. it's not like he's being talked on twitter or yahoo every single day. people remembered axl exists. you won't see him trending in 2 or 3 days. unless axl appears on tv again or something big happens with his band. unlikely though...

If he announced a release date for a new album in Vegas, that would be a good way to follow this up.

I thought it was perfect. He reminded the casual fans that they're out there touring, but more importantly this reminded people that they love Guns N' Roses. I think lack of promotion has been a huge part of holding the band back. Seeing Axl in this context is what will fill seats at shows and motivate people to someday buy the next album. Axl has to be out there representing himself, otherwise people like Steven Adler will gladly tell the public what opinion to have of him.

There's a lot of bad press to make up for, and this was a HUGE step in the right direction.

You know, i watched it on youtube today and I jumped and clapped and screamed like a little girl when I saw him.

How great it was to see my idol. Tears were shed. It was a great, great thing that he did this. We fucking love you Axl, even though we know you disappear during solos for Oxygen.