Axl Rose on Jimmy Kimmel talk show Discussion Thread

ppruks

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fuckin fantastic to see Axl, thought he was hilarious.

Jimmy Kimmel sucked and should be shamed as a journalist for that interview, god awful.

Jimmy Kimmel is not a journalist. He's a comedian.

Ali

Ali - keeping it real on mygnrforum for all true Guns fans and for the doubters too :thumbsup:

For those complaining about the quantity of late jokes, you have to keep in mind that it's probably something Kimmel thought was the only thing he could joke around about. There were no jokes about the old lineup, new material, how long it takes to release an album, and only one joke about the revolving door of GNR.

Axl, or Axl's people, brought the picture of the Oscar Wild quote. I don't blame Kimmel for keeping the late jokes going considering what was likely striken from the topics of consideration.

Ana Gasteyer who came on after Axl told some story about someone with a Use Your Illusion tattoo did anyone catch that ?

Just said that she met Axl backstage but didn't get the chance to tell him that the lady who works at the video store she goes to in Brooklyn wanted her to tell Axl that it's her son who's been "following him around" the last 20 years and has a "Use Your Illusion" tatoo on his arm...

Jimmy immeditely transitioned into making fun of her for still going to video stores...

Axl also mentioned the band "Sweet" as an influence along with Queen and Elton...first time I've heard him mention them I think in an interview.

He mentioned them in a magazine interview from the 80's, don't have a direct source but the picture is on this forum. Thank you axl for agreeing to this and jimmy for having him on, way better mood than expected and the halloween tree was simply brilliant. He also looked great for somebody pushing 51.

great job by axl! he was funny, light-hearted, coherent and cool. awesome job. it's probably not to easy for him to do those things, or to want to do those things. but i hope he had a good experience and will be open to more. it was great hearing how he'd want to live one of the last few years over again since he's been having more fun lately. that's encouraging. i also dug how he handled the ribbing over the cornrows.

bumblefoot was great too. good sense of humor and he looked cool with the wacky beard.

Black Sabbath.....tickets are always free for the show.

I hope Team Brazil and Axl use this experience to see how great these things turn out!!! And how much positive energy it brings to Axl and GnR.

A great treat for Axl fans.

The general public gets too see Axl as a real person.

And the interview is quick, easy and painless for Axl!

Everybody wins!!!!!!

A few cool interviews, some great Vegas shows and a killer new album......and GnR is as relevant as any current rock band out there!!!

People will always love the old band,not saying that people would never love/like new band.

But in the hearts of the general public,it's old GN'R

Doesn't matter who's in the band when people hear WTJ,SCOM,PC,etc they think of the old band

People will always love the old band,not saying that people would never love/like new band.

But in the hearts of the general public,it's old GN'R

Doesn't matter who's in the band when people hear WTJ,SCOM,PC,etc they think of the old band

Lol that came out of nowhere

Anyways, good to see Axl in a good mood. This and the Eddie Trunk interview in 2006 are great moments

"A few cool interviews, some great Vegas shows and a killer new album......and GnR is as relevant as any current rock band out there!!!"

Just saying……

It doesn't matter how much any current line up would be thrown out into the public,in a lot of people's minds when they hear certain songs they will think of certain line ups of GNR

Edited by SweetRose