Will the O2 DVD be pakaged together with CDII leftovers/remixes?

Coma16

Well the Chinese Democracy World Tour Facebook fan page asked us the following poll below. I doubt we'll get a new album [this year] but we've gotten the shows and it looks like we're getting a DVD! Hopefully the CD leftovers are next :)

What are your wishes for 2012?

-New Album [110 votes]

-New Tour Dates [16 votes]

-World Tour DVD [34 votes]

-Re-release of 'Chinese Democracy' with new single, b-sides, vids & more promo [13 votes]

Edited by Coma16

Blu ray would be epic.

However, I doubt there would be anything more, they should have made a little tour documentary, that would have been nice.

I believe they made one back in SA 2010 but it was never released. The promo vid included music from Prostitute.

I don't care about any bonus material, aslong they over-dub the terrible vocals of Axls with something decent, I'll buy the DVD.

:jerkoff:

Don't care how bad something is on a live release (Not that the O2 sounds that bad anyways), I'll always prefer it over overdubs.

That's nowhere near the same situation. A greatest hits album is released to celebrate the band's complete history and they add tracks to give a glimpse into the future. A live album or concert is released to celebrate that specific time period in the band's history. It wouldn't make sense to release new material with a live recording that has none of that material played.

Then again, this is GN'R, and the things that make absolutely no sense are the only things that happen. You might be on to something. :shrugs: