Bridge School Benefit Show and Webcast Oct. 20, 2012

gmsugaree

So Axl did an acoustic benefit show on a stomach full of beers or a little coke, who cares.

Why do people still cling to the "drug use lifestyle"?

I think the reference was because he stumbled in that clip. It's not exactly normal to lose your balance while you're playing a tambourine.

@bumblefoot Click here to see when tonight's Guns N' Roses acoustic show will be streaming in your part of the world... :)

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?p1=283&iso=20121021T20&msg=2nd+GNR+acoustic+show+%40+Bridge+School+benefit+%28Mountainview,+CA%29&am=40&sort=1

2nd nite to be live streamed ?

Streaming here:

https://www.facebook.com/SupportBridgeSchool?sk=app_476655595689973

*GNR is playing about 35 minutes -ish tonight. Keeping in mind we're playing as guests of Neil Young's benefit concert to help children, the focus is about supporting them :) Enjoy!! :D

Ron

I don't think tonight is streaming

Unless BBF is posting false info and links, I believe it is.

The highlighted flight is most-likely Axl's flight from Santa Monica to San Jose International Airport, which is 12 miles, 20 minutes in Saturday evening traffic to the venue. He landed 2 hours before they were scheduled to go on. There is no reason why he couldnt have been in the backstage area by 9pm. Even if he was there, I doubt he did vocal exercises on the way up.

DateAircraftOriginDestinationDepartedArrivalDuration

20-Oct-2012C750/LSanta Monica Muni (KSMO)San Jose Int'l (KSJC)07:12PM PDT07:59PM PDT0:47

I'm hoping he sounds better today because he'll have plenty of warm-up time unless he stayed up drinking all night and sleeps until 5pm. I don't think he gives a shit about putting on a top-notch performance right now. He's probably only doing the gig at the request of Tommy, DJ, and Bumblefoot.

Edited by Eddie Money

Didn't know the second night was going to be streamed. Hopefully it's better, but either way, as BBF said, it's for supporting the kids, so whatever.

Completely surprised tonight's show is streamed, too! Yay!!!

It seems it will work without another $5 donation, if you already paid it yesterday

Didn't know the second night was going to be streamed. Hopefully it's better, but either way, as BBF said, it's for supporting the kids, so whatever.

Completely surprised tonight's show is streamed, too! Yay!!!

It seems it will work without another $5 donation, if you already paid it yesterday

Boo yeah

What an amazing show yesterday, even with strep throat, Axl killed it. So awesome to watch Eddie Vedder perform! Great how it went down, as we were walking to stage, Neil's people asked to see if Eddie could perform a few songs; Axl's like, "For sure!"... what a great show, hats off to one of the best weekends I have had.

by fernando.

They should mix it up, considering how last night went. I say the following should suffice ...

Don't Cry

Street Of Dreams

KOHD ( give us something like the vocals at RIR3, clean and beautiful)

Brownstone (though for this event, may be inappropriate)

Yesterdays

Catcher In The Rye

Madagascar (with that awesome acoustic intro the band teased live a while back)

What an amazing show yesterday, even with strep throat, Axl killed it. So awesome to watch Eddie Vedder perform! Great how it went down, as we were walking to stage, Neil's people asked to see if Eddie could perform a few songs; Axl's like, "For sure!"... what a great show, hats off to one of the best weekends I have had.

by fernando.

Yeah, ok <_<

asked a uStream rep about a stream for tonight: "the LIVE stream was only for the first night, you can however watch the recorded video throughout today" :anger:

Oops, seems like Bumblefoot's got it wrong then...

He probably knew it was streaming and just assumed it was both nights. Nowhere official does it say anything about a stream tonight on the Bridge School or uStream. That's why I inquired. Hope it helps.

by fernando.

Where did you see this? This is a comical story if it is a direct quote. The real story probably sounds like this: "Neil's people frantically approached Eddie on the side of the stage, who was watching the show with his wife and two young daughters, and asked him if he could fill 10 minutes to give Axl time to go on-stage. Eddie was nice about it, although he had only planned on taking the stage with the collective group of musicians for the finale. He avoided all contact with Axl after Guns N' Roses' performance. Rose, embarrassed and unwilling to associate with the other artists, retreated to his hotel immediately following the show."

asked a uStream rep about a stream for tonight: "the LIVE stream was only for the first night, you can however watch the recorded video throughout today" :anger:

Oops, seems like Bumblefoot's got it wrong then...

He probably knew it was streaming and just assumed it was both nights. Nowhere official does it say anything about a stream tonight on the Bridge School or uStream. That's why I inquired. Hope it helps.

It certainly helps, I was about to set my alarm for 5:00 AM this night. Thanks!!

Guest RonMexico82

by fernando.

Where did you see this? This is a comical story if it is a direct quote. The real story probably sounds like this: "Neil's people frantically approached Eddie on the side of the stage, who was watching the show with his wife and two young daughters, and asked him if he could fill 10 minutes to give Axl time to go on-stage. Eddie was nice about it, although he had only planned on taking the stage with the collective group of musicians for the finale. He avoided all contact with Axl after Guns N' Roses' performance. Rose, embarrassed and unwilling to associate with the other artists, retreated to his hotel immediately following the show."

Yep. That Fernando is a real comedian.