Bridge School Benefit Show and Webcast Oct. 20, 2012

gmsugaree

I love Axl and GNR as much as anyone.. but that performance last night was just WOW bad.

We're not talking a little off.. he was BAD.

and I'm not proud to say it..because I dont battle about the new GNR/old GNR. I'm an all around GNR lover.

According to Jarmo from Here Today... Gone To Hell!, Axl had a strep throat during yesterday's show.

Let me tell you how bad a PR move this is. Anyone who has ever had strep throat (ie. everybody) knows that it's almost impossible to even speak. The thought of singing would be beyond imaginable.

There is absolutely no way that Axl was suffering from strep throat last night. I thought perhaps they might blame it on the old "bronchitis" excuse considering that seems to be a favourite of his, but maybe they thought they'd switch it over to strep to make it more believable.

It's one thing to phone in a shitty performance. But seriously, man up and admit it rather than blame it on something that nobody will believe. Any vocalist with strep throat would have canceled the gig and not tried to labor through it. This is definitely a new low for the GNR camp.

There are degrees of any illness, like strep throat.

Ali

Sure there are degrees, but considering how off Axl was last night (though i'd argue not much difference than most nights since RIRIV), don't you think that if illness was really a factor they would have canceled their appearance. While I'm sure some would have griped about a cancellation, most would accept it if health factors kept the man from performing up to his standards. Plus, we don't even know if this is the official line from GNR. It's just Jarmo, and no offense to Jarmo, but the guy has more excuses for Axl than Axl does for himself.

In Chicago, when we got a live-stream, they blamed his performance on bronchitis (just like RIRIV - five months later). Last night they blame it on strep. Yet his shitty performances at both venues sound very similar. What he, and his handlers, really suffer from his a bad case of bull-shit. Whatever happened between Abu Dabi and RIRIV has definitely had an impact on his voice because he just sounds awful.

Don't you find it somewhat odd that the commencement of every GNR tours coincides with an illness for Axl?

Chicago was not the start of any tour. Not sure why you're including that in there. Sure, it's odd. But, I'd find it more odd if it wasn't the peak season for contagious illnesses like the flu or bacterial illnesses.

Ali

Seriously, why did he even deliver that set-list?

I think this would have sounded fine and would have been less straining on Axl's voice.

Mr. Brownstone

Yesterday

Don't Cry

Used To Love Her

Better - but in a lower key (loved the acoustic arrangement last night)

Patience

Here's another thing. I'm tired of this excuse that the live feed makes his voice seem bad. If this is the case, why did Eddie Vedder and Neil Young's vocals just fine?

Another annoying thing is that Axl's sound guys try to cover for him and they turn down the mic when Axl's about to go for a high note, but what always seems to happen is that the timing is off and it drowns axl out to make it seem like there are technical problems.

Here's another thing. I'm tired of this excuse that the live feed makes his voice seem bad. If this is the case, why did Eddie Vedder and Neil Young's vocals just fine?

Another annoying thing is that Axl's sound guys try to cover for him and they turn down the mic when Axl's about to go for a high note, but what always seems to happen is that the timing is off and it drowns axl out to make it seem like there are technical problems.

Agree

Don't usually post, but after last night, I feel the need to.

Umm, I believe GNR simply has no luck when it comes to these live-streams. I mean, Eddie Vedder sounded great, the mix,as well as performance. I was SO excited for GNR,but for whatever reason,once again, the entire god damn thing sounded like a mess. Guitars way too low,vocals way too high. It was like a completely different stream compared to everything before,and after. Hell, Neil Young must be in his 70's and he sounded better than Axl. Fuck. It's pretty frustrating seeing this band continue to go on this way. Whether or not he had strep throat, the fact remains that this was possibly even worse than the Rio performance. That fuck-up during Jungle was embarrassing to even hear. You must wonder how Axl himself felt after a performance like that. Jesus. But still, I'm looking forward to the Vegas shows. I just hope this endless touring doesn't go on forever. They NEED to put out another records asap. Look at Brian Wilson. He wasn't suited for a live setting, but mastered his art in the studio. Axl should maybe do the same. At least for a while.

fuck jarmo

He's just cautious about what he puts out there, and can get direct info from them.

What he put out there was advising parents of disabled children that the singer of the show they attended had an infectious and highly contagious illness. Good job.

Edited by Patience 4 Axl

@bumblefoot Click here to see when tonight's Guns N' Roses acoustic show will be streaming in your part of the world... :)

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?p1=283&iso=20121021T20&msg=2nd+GNR+acoustic+show+%40+Bridge+School+benefit+%28Mountainview,+CA%29&am=40&sort=1

2nd nite to be live streamed ?

Streaming here:

https://www.facebook.com/SupportBridgeSchool?sk=app_476655595689973

*GNR is playing about 35 minutes -ish tonight. Keeping in mind we're playing as guests of Neil Young's benefit concert to help children, the focus is about supporting them :) Enjoy!! :D

Ron

Edited by FabioRoses

Guest RonMexico82

Only for Jimmy Savile is dead they'd probably bring him too. Isn't Gary Glitter still kicking around. Maybe they could do a duet on My Gang.

Don't usually post, but after last night, I feel the need to.

Umm, I believe GNR simply has no luck when it comes to these live-streams. I mean, Eddie Vedder sounded great, the mix,as well as performance. I was SO excited for GNR,but for whatever reason,once again, the entire god damn thing sounded like a mess. Guitars way too low,vocals way too high. It was like a completely different stream compared to everything before,and after. Hell, Neil Young must be in his 70's and he sounded better than Axl. Fuck. It's pretty frustrating seeing this band continue to go on this way. Whether or not he had strep throat, the fact remains that this was possibly even worse than the Rio performance. That fuck-up during Jungle was embarrassing to even hear. You must wonder how Axl himself felt after a performance like that. Jesus. But still, I'm looking forward to the Vegas shows. I just hope this endless touring doesn't go on forever. They NEED to put out another records asap. Look at Brian Wilson. He wasn't suited for a live setting, but mastered his art in the studio. Axl should maybe do the same. At least for a while.

The guys in Brian Wilson's band are great, they're a big part of why Smile was even finished.

I don't think Axl gave people watching it at home any thought. The show was for the people there, but they shouldn't have played radio staples. They might have a whole other setlist tonight.

Flaming Lips was a bigger disaster, I think the bigger complaint about GNR was playing the most overplayed songs and Axl's voice.

Some people were saying Gary Clark should've been moved up later because he was one of the best performers yesterday.

@bumblefoot Click here to see when tonight's Guns N' Roses acoustic show will be streaming in your part of the world... :)

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?p1=283&iso=20121021T20&msg=2nd+GNR+acoustic+show+%40+Bridge+School+benefit+%28Mountainview,+CA%29&am=40&sort=1

2nd nite to be live streamed ?

Streaming here:

https://www.facebook.com/SupportBridgeSchool?sk=app_476655595689973

*GNR is playing about 35 minutes -ish tonight. Keeping in mind we're playing as guests of Neil Young's benefit concert to help children, the focus is about supporting them :) Enjoy!! :D

Ron

I don't think tonight is streaming