Maybe we could all cut Axl some slack on here?

Randy Lahey

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OK - let's say he has strep throat and isn't lying.

Strep throat resolves itself within 5 days without treatment or sooner with antibiotics.

So Axl has *no* excuse if his voice sounds the same for the Vegas shows in 10 days.

I had strep for a month over the summer. It was terrible. First time having strep, too.

OK - let's say he has strep throat and isn't lying.

Strep throat resolves itself within 5 days without treatment or sooner with antibiotics.

So Axl has *no* excuse if his voice sounds the same for the Vegas shows in 10 days.

I had strep for a month over the summer. It was terrible. First time having strep, too.

That sounds more like maybe you had mono and strep at the same time. That's common - mono can last a while.

Always when Axl messes something up, Fernando comes with an easy excuse. His Twitter was "hacked" when he canceled the 2010 Tour, his MyGNR account was "hacked" when he announced a new album here. And now he has a step throat.

This is Axl Rose with a confirmed step throat:

Good. Very good.

March 13th, 2010 @ Palmeiras Stadium, São Paulo, Brazil.

It was confirmed by the media that he had to go to the hospital on the earlier night, thus he couldn't attend to the secret acoustic concert on the Disco Club, which caused the riot there. On the concert, during Knocking On Heaven's Door he said that due to his step throat, he wouldn't be able to perform on both concerts (secret acoustic to a few bunch of celebrities and the sold out stadium with 50 thousand fans), so he obviously picked the stadium concert.

Mod highvoltage said "there are very levels of sickness"... He had to go to the hospital on the night before!

I'm not saying the crew is lying, and Axl did not have a step throat. I'm just saying there is plenty evidence not to believe this story, although I would love to. As has been said before, Axl is the boy who cried the wolf.

As much as I'd like to excuse his sound because of strep throat, fact is he sounded like he did throughout '11-'12. Strep throat normally makes a voice raspier. Plus he fucked up the songs. I think the problem may be that he's on fucking drugs and is lost as a person. If he is, dammit dont play. We love ya Uncle Ax. I criticize the shows a lot because I love GNR, but Axl has carried a heavier burden than anybody in...music history perhaps, so maybe he should just stop.

As much as I'd like to excuse his sound because of strep throat, fact is he sounded like he did throughout '11-'12. Strep throat normally makes a voice raspier. Plus he fucked up the songs. I think the problem may be that he's on fucking drugs and is lost as a person. If he is, dammit dont play. We love ya Uncle Ax. I criticize the shows a lot because I love GNR, but Axl has carried a heavier burden than anybody in...music history perhaps, so maybe he should just stop.

So you're saying you don't believe the official statement that he has strep throat but are now making an official statement on this forum that maybe he is on drugs? :rofl-lol: Really? dry.gif

If this was 2002 I wold not believe him, but for some reason people forget that besides 3 cancellations due to poor attendance in the desert of California, he has missed 1 show in over 200 (he made up the three in Japan when Stinsin broke his wrists), that I recall, maybe a few more?

I would argue he has been one of the most consistent touring performers since 2006. Why don't people ever say that when he sings a few bad songs? He shit the bed, but Geez, he has done pretty good.

And how do we know Axl was sick ??

Jarmo said it, then Fernando and Ron. Of course they had to say it AFTER the show and not before.

Ah right, where though? Haven't seen it anywhere

I haven't seen it either but I guess it was on HTGTH and twitter or facebook. Looks like damage control to me.

And how do we know Axl was sick ??

Jarmo said it, then Fernando and Ron. Of course they had to say it AFTER the show and not before.

Ah right, where though? Haven't seen it anywhere

jarmo mentions it on here today gone to hell and bbf said something on official gnr website.

24424394.jpg

:rofl-lol:

:rofl-lol: :rofl-lol:

:rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol:

I just don't get the point in this comparison...

Just look who made the comparison and you'll understand everything.

Manets = Asshole.

Such as Ignaliza.

Fuck you, look who is talking, the one that talks shit about me on my back

So Highvoltage... Ignalzrat is saying you do this ON his back.... Is this true?

You people don't see the point in this comparsion. Seriously?

Case A - Axl with a confirmed SERIOUS step throat. Sounded great.

Case B - Axl with a suspicious step throat. Sounded shit.

Even if the story is true, it is obvious that step throat ain't a problem. Fatass can't think he can simply stay months without singing, training or rehearsal and just show up on the concert and expect things to go well. Seconds time on one year, and both times were livestreamed worldwide.

Gets back to that topic I created sometime ago where I talked about Axl's incapacity of doing anything decent when he is on some higher level of visibility.

Didn't you always seem to support Axl no matter what, Manets?

Case A: Rio IV

Case A: Rio IV on a shitty livestream on your computer screen.

Case B: Rio IV on the first row.

I'm not saying the crew is lying, and Axl did not have a step throat. I'm just saying there is plenty evidence not to believe this story, although I would love to. As has been said before, Axl is the boy who cried the wolf.

Edited by ManetsBR

You people don't see the point in this comparsion. Seriously?

Case A - Axl with a confirmed SERIOUS step throat. Sounded great.

Case B - Axl with a suspicious step throat. Sounded shit.

Even if the story is true, it is obvious that step throat ain't a problem. Fatass can't think he can simply stay months without singing, training or rehearsal and just show up on the concert and expect things to go well. Seconds time on one year, and both times were livestreamed worldwide.

Gets back to that topic I created sometime ago where I talked about Axl's incapacity of doing anything decent when he is on some higher level of visibility.

Unfortunately that's how he seems to be now. Not motivation, no fire under has ass to show the world that he doesn't need Slash or the old band to be successful. It's like I said before, it seems like his heart isn't in it anymore.

Edited by GNR123GNR456