2º Bridge School Benefit Show Oct 21, 2012

NachoLZ

If you've ever had Strep Throat you know Axl didn't have it...

You wouldn't be able to sing at all and barely talk...Axl sounded fine to me talking...

Eh, no. It really depends on where in the infection stage you are....

So you're saying that having Strep doesn't affect your speaking voice at all?

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you've ever had Strep Throat you know Axl didn't have it...

You wouldn't be able to sing at all and barely talk...Axl sounded fine to me talking...

Eh, no. It really depends on where in the infection stage you are....

So you're saying that having Strep doesn't affect your speaking voice at all?

I am saying it doesn't have to, depending upon where in the infection stage you are. People here seem to think that as soon as you get a Streptococcus infection it is FULL ON immediately and all the time. It isn't like that, an infection starts with mild symptoms which get progressively worse before they get milder again until no symptoms are present and the infection (or at least the throat damage) is over. If a patient is at the beginning of an infection or at the end, the patient may have everything from normal speaking and singing voice to badly affected speaking and singing voice. Why is this so hard to understand?

Okay well if it wasn't so bad that it affected his speaking voice..you agree that it wasn't bad enough to be the main reason he sounded so horrible on some of the songs?

I find it a bit hard to believe that Axl would have a strep infection that caused him to perform poorly and not apologize for this before starting the show, because surely he would know about this problem during voice exercises prior to the show. Hence, I don't believe the strep infection -- if he even really had one -- was that tough on his voice and that, yes, other reasons for his problems that night must exist. BUT, I don't know this and I am pretty far from knowing so this is just mere uneducated guesswork.

How can he sing Patience pretty much dead on,(not quiet exactly like old times though :( )and Sweet Child O' Mine always sounds like crap?It always sounds to me like is vocal cords are squeezed too tight.

Edited by SweetRose

Face the facts, he obviously just can't sing that well anymore and apparently has done nothing to try to reverse that.

This is probably the most upsetting part to me. Whether its Raspy or Clean it sounds like Axl has done no planning or put any thought into how he is going to sing. If I was him my voice would be my top priority.

i thought he was trying to sound like neil young lol

He was, it's a hell of a hard song to sing, it's prob. why Neil Young rarely ever does it. I love that song and thought Axl gave it a good try. Most of the Neil Young fans liked it, but Axl's falsetto isn't his strong suit. Not a lot of people can sing Neil Young's older songs when they try to sing in that famous "Shakey" voice. Neil's not a great singer, but they're his songs and no one can do them like he can. Same can be said when someone else tries to do a GNR song. No one else can sing them like Axl.

Tip: click inside this box to load the editor

If I was him my voice would be my top priority.

And you'd be prepared to eat shit from everyone who says your next album should be your highest priority?

Haha,

I'd let my band focus on feeling like a band and writing in a room together and recording live much like the last Slash record. Then I'd worry about laying down the vocals having that be the number one priority. Record One. I'd then give all the DJ written tracksto Bumble Tommy and Richard to re-work... record those. Record Two. And then I'd take all the CD 2 Tracks, have the new band re-record the best songs (12) their own way... Record Three. And then I would release it as a double album with the origional CD 2 tracks with the origional Bucket and Finck solos. With the purchase of that album you could then download all the origional CD1 Tracks with the origional Buckethead Solos, and the Brian May Solo....

I'd help the band get this done, but my number one priority would be my vox.

waynecoyne Axl, me and Neil singing Hey Jude!!

762e644d5d3c29731312c3300807bed7_view.jpg

Ha ha!!! Axl Rose and me..right after singing Revolution No.9 with Neil!!

Poor Axl :( He looks like he's turned into one of those cherub dolls he's so sick.

Gotta say, those videos posted from the 2'nd night of Jungle ( Patience is up,too) sound MUCH better than the first night. Axl sounds great to me. Lets all just agree right now that GNR + Live streams = A disaster every time. Whatever. Always better in the actual live setting. Hopefully it's enough to shut everyone up, though I kinda doubt it.

I expected way more pictures than what I've seen. Can anybody point me in the direction of some pics from either night? Thanks.

Love the shot of Axl, Wayne and Neil. Classic.

Edited by Estrangedfx