2º Bridge School Benefit Show Oct 21, 2012

NachoLZ

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sick or not, just like every 1st show of every tour with NU-gnr, axl sucked. his voice sucked, he looked awfully out of shape and insecure. blame the weather, blame the band, anything. but deep down everybody knows it's all axl's fault. he would still do an amazing work in studio but as a live singer, axl should retire. when a band of hired musicians outshines the only important member of the group, there's something wrong.

Is it possible that the 2009-2010 Tour did such a number on his throat that he took steps to try and retire the rasp all together?

It has been used so sparingly since then that perhaps just maybe this could be the case?

Like he wanted to go out and prove the critics wrong soo bad that he just over did it and realized he just couldn't do it anymore.

I think he is making a conscious decision to not close his throat and/or strain his chest voice in such a way that he induces a raspy sound because of the potential for decreased vocal endurance over the course of a show and a tour.

Ali

Me too.. I also am beginning to think that his clean voice has changed so much as he's aged that's why the songs we listened to on the albums become almost unrecognizable. Especially the higher pitched voice. Don't cry for example... theres a video on youtube from 1985 where he sings it cleanly and it still sounds like Axl... however in 2011 doing the same exact technique it just doesn't sound the same.

I give Axl credit. Where as other singers change the key of their songs to compensate, he stays in the same key as when he recorded it.

It's not really that his clean voice has changed. It's that he doesn't strain his chest voice or his blended chest/head voice to hit certain notes. I think he slips more into his head voice to hit certain notes in his overall range because it is less taxing overall on his vocal cords.

Ali

Maybe you're onto something. Where as it was easy for Axl to hit the highs clean before now its a lot harder if not impossible. Perhaps that is the only way he can do it. I'm gonna give CD a re-listen next time I'm driving, see where Axl uses just his head to hit the highs and where he does it with a fuller voice. it would certainly explain why Axl sometimes accidentally seems to break out in rasp when he goes high.

Strep throat symptoms usually last 3-5 days without treatment and 1-2 days with treatment. Of course, all the usual morons on here think they're clever talking about Axl's "miraculous" 24 hour recovery from a disease that, yep, takes 24-48 hours to recover from if treated.

looks like axl has a case of strep that lasts longer than 3-5 days. a case of strep that's affecting axl's ability to sing and perform at 1000 percent capacity live

Strep throat symptoms usually last 3-5 days without treatment and 1-2 days with treatment. Of course, all the usual morons on here think they're clever talking about Axl's "miraculous" 24 hour recovery from a disease that, yep, takes 24-48 hours to recover from if treated.

Axl is a God though who does NO wrong, remember?

I suspect if he did have strep, his God like powers would defeat the illness in a matter of hours.

Did you pay and watch the performance? It was interesting watch the comments from people who weren't Axl nut-swingers.

Axl is a God though who does NO wrong, remember?

I suspect if he did have strep, his God like powers would defeat the illness in a matter of hours.

Did you pay and watch the performance? It was interesting watch the comments from people who weren't Axl nut-swingers.

Axl is God

Bubbles didnt show up?, the good thing was that axl was good humour, bumblefoot was very cool with the kids, he let some strum his guitar, dj, richard where cool to, pitman rocked, tommy stinson great, dizzy on his piano lol, frank is thinner and more hipster than ever lol,it was a very positive show

Still no video of Don't Let It Bring You Down?! COME ON!

What a disaster :no:

'Don't Let It Bring You Down' is one of those epic songs where Axl could nail it and do better than the creator, but he sounds like a diying cat here. It could be one of the most epic things recorded with the new band. So sad...

'Don't Let It Bring You Down' is one of those epic songs where Axl could nail it and do better than the creator, but he sounds like a diying cat here. It could be one of the most epic things recorded with the new band. So sad...

Although not the song for it, I really do miss it when he used to run around on stage

At least Uncle Axl thanked Neil for the opportunity, but UGH...

At least Uncle Axl thanked Neil for the opportunity, but UGH...

well. neil young never sounded better on this song. tells you axl shouldn't sing in front of a live audience unless he's healthy and ready to go

If you've ever had Strep Throat you know Axl didn't have it...

You wouldn't be able to sing at all and barely talk...Axl sounded fine to me talking...

Face the facts, he obviously just can't sing that well anymore and apparently has done nothing to try to reverse that.

Edited by JayGatz