Top 10 favorite sitcoms

GivenToFly

Whats with all the Two and a Half Men hate, seriously? Saying you hate Two and Half Men is just such an anti-sheep thing to say. Sure it formerly sucks now but it was great in its heyday (before Jake hit puberty)

Exactly. It all happened in the same time. Jake hit puberty and got stupid and boring, they ran out of good plot ideas, Charlie's jokes were repeated over and over again (one out of every three episodes started with Charlie and a woman in the bed right after sex with a stupid unfunny punchline about sex, right after a kiss), Adam suddenly went from a loser to a gay loser, a crazy loser, a fucking loser with a puppet (WTF?), it all went downhill waayyyy too fast.

To each their own, but I always considered shows like the Big Bang Theory, Two and Half Men, and How I Met Your Mother as the Nickelback of sitcoms. Generic, derivative, does little with the genre, and are all based on concepts that offer little shelf life. I'm not saying they're horrible shows, and there must be something to them because millions watch them, but it's just too broad of comedy for me to get into. After watching shows like Arrested Development, It's Always Sunny, Curb Your Enthusiasm, and even Seinfeld, I just don't see any edge or anything biting in Two and Half Men.

It's all relative, but how often do you hear people quote the Big Bang Theory or Two and a Half Men compared to shows like Seinfeld or Simpsons? These were/are iconic shows that did something new with the medium.

As much as I dislike scripted comedy, I just realized I watch a shitload of sitcoms. :o

1. Seinfeld

2. Family Ties

3. Cheers

4. Happy Days

5. Wings

6. King of Queens

7. Friends

8. That '70s Show (until Donna dyed her hair)

9. Everybody Loves Raymond

10. Married With Children

I can't stand The Simpsons or Home Improvement.

Bewitched almost made the cut, but that's mostly a nostalgia thing. If Family Guy counts, move everything down a spot except Seinfeld. The funniest show ever, though, is Whose Line, but that's not a sitcom.

Oh yeah, I loved the old shit on TV land. I stopped watching That 70's Show in the last two seasons because the writing got shitty and they had that douchey guy replace Eric, the one who was written to be cooler than Hyde and makes Donna's panties hit the floor before Eric even landed in Africa.

Also, wtf with the sister?

mash

married with children

barnie miller

sanford and son

3rd rock from the sun

fresh prince of bel air

threes company

night court

the simpsons

family guy

^^^^ Old school ;)

You didn't watch Wings back in the day? I loved me some Crystal Bernard ... crystal_bernard_photo_30.jpg

i watched some wings, my dad is into old school tv and i guess that is why i love those shows since it was what i watched growing up , also love shows like bonanza and gunsmoke :lol:

outside of sports and a couple shows i really dont watch much modern tv, i watch tv land and stuff like that alot

Edited by bran

Regarding the guy who equated early Two and a Half Men,etc with Nickelback...

I've never got this sort of logic...I can certainly understand not personally liking that show or band...the abject hatred for both by many seems really odd though and almost culturally conformist to me. I mean not liking either is one thing, but when so many people act like it's the pit of the earth you have to ask yourself what the F is going on here? Either are worse than many other things in the public but both have many haters...my theory is some people are just easily duped into hating whatever is the current fad to hate without logic to differentiate the subject from many other things. Fucking lemmings imo.

Regarding the guy who equated early Two and a Half Men,etc with Nickelback...

I've never got this sort of logic...I can certainly understand not personally liking that show or band...the abject hatred for both by many seems really odd though and almost culturally conformist to me. I mean not liking either is one thing, but when so many people act like it's the pit of the earth you have to ask yourself what the F is going on here? Either are worse than many other things in the public but both have many haters...my theory is some people are just easily duped into hating whatever is the current fad to hate without logic to differentiate the subject from many other things. Fucking lemmings imo.

Two and a Half Men is crap. All the jokes revolve around Sex. He can't get his dick up - oh, hahaha. He is thinking of his mum when he's screwing a chick - oh, hahaha. He screwing a surfer girl called Summer - oh, hahaha. Boring , unimaginative writing.

Give me some fuckin' Soup Nazi anyday !!!

Hmmm, tough!

Non-animated:

How I Met Your Mother

The Big Bang Theory

Two And A Half Men (with Charlie Sheen)

Scrubs

The Young Ones

Blackadder (if that counts as a sitcom)

Married With Children

Coupling (the first few seasons, last one was crap)

Animated:

Futurama

Family Guy

American Dad

Simpsons

South Park (the old-school ones anyway)

i watched some wings, my dad is into old school tv and i guess that is why i love those shows since it was what i watched growing up , also love shows like bonanza and gunsmoke :lol:

outside of sports and a couple shows i really dont watch much modern tv, i watch tv land and stuff like that alot

I used to watch reruns of Bonanza and Gunsmoke too, but my favorite western show was of course Jim West in Wild Wild West. The dude was like James Bond, always cool and calm with a bunch of great gadgets. What did he have in his shoe heel, explosives or something? And the villains were great like Doctor Loveless.

I'm the same, I don't watch too much current tv other than baseball and Two Broke Girls and Anger Management and Two and A Half Men and occasionally TV Land now for reruns of Raymond and King of Queens.

Two and a Half Men is crap. All the jokes revolve around Sex. He can't get his dick up - oh, hahaha. He is thinking of his mum when he's screwing a chick - oh, hahaha. He screwing a surfer girl called Summer - oh, hahaha. Boring , unimaginative writing.

Not all the storylines were about sex. Alan is portrayed as the cheap perpetual loser who sponges off everyone else. Jake is the dumb as dirt kid who doesn't give a shit about anything. And Berta is the lazy, bossy, mouthy housekeeper who brings back memories of Florence from The Jeffersons. It definitely was not a one-dimensional show.

I agree with you on Seinfeld though, love the Sein!!!

Not all the storylines were about sex. Alan is portrayed as the cheap perpetual loser who sponges off everyone else. Jake is the dumb as dirt kid who doesn't give a shit about anything. And Berta is the lazy, bossy, mouthy housekeeper who brings back memories of Florence from The Jeffersons. It definitely was not a one-dimensional show.

The best character is Charlie and Alan's mother as far as I'm concerned.

Ross is the most unfunny person on TV. That's all I'm saying.

I think he's pretty funny. The most unfunny person in TV is probably one of the actors in Two And A Half Men. Almost any of them, really.

Ross is fucking hilarious.

I used to watch reruns of Bonanza and Gunsmoke too, but my favorite western show was of course Jim West in Wild Wild West. The dude was like James Bond, always cool and calm with a bunch of great gadgets. What did he have in his shoe heel, explosives or something? And the villains were great like Doctor Loveless.

I'm the same, I don't watch too much current tv other than baseball and Two Broke Girls and Anger Management and Two and A Half Men and occasionally TV Land now for reruns of Raymond and King of Queens.

I love the old TV series, Bonanza, Mr. Ed, Green Acres... all of them are endearing!

Ross is fucking hilarious.

Why can't everybody be like you? :wub: